Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Is there a football team this year? Or did the administration decide to retire the team rather than the coach?

Not much to talk about. I think half the team has been in baseball and track. All the skill players anyway. Beat Knox Central 5-1 (i think) in the only scrimage. That was with about all second and third teamers. But Knox Central hasn't had much in several years. I expect more of the same this year.

Not much to talk about. I think half the team has been in baseball and track. All the skill players anyway. Beat Knox Central 5-1 (i think) in the only scrimage. That was with about all second and third teamers. But Knox Central hasn't had much in several years. I expect more of the same this year.

GC has Maryville in his crosshairs and you know it.

My prediction for DB AGAIN for this year. Another fine 10-0 or 9-1 District record, only to be marred by CHOKING in either the first or second round of the playoffs!

Followed immediately by another 9 months of whining about it and chest thumping about the OLD days long gone.

That about cover it?

Yes, you are right I forgot the bragging about the facilities that beat everyone except at Gold Ball time!

This will be followed by the exit of R'dale once again in either the third or fourth round when we CHOKE!

Now y'all have something and someone to be really mad at. :roflolk:

My prediction for DB AGAIN for this year. Another fine 10-0 or 9-1 District record, only to be marred by CHOKING in either the first or second round of the playoffs!

Followed immediately by another 9 months of whining about it and chest thumping about the OLD days long gone.

That about cover it?

Yes, you are right I forgot the bragging about the facilities that beat everyone except at Gold Ball time!

This will be followed by the exit of R'dale once again in either the third or fourth round when we CHOKE!

Now y'all have something and someone to be really mad at. :roflolk:

Do you still keep your teeth in a glass of water?

Do you still keep your teeth in a glass of water?

And if I do, what does it have to do with y'alls constantly CHOKING at playoff time?

You do have the record at DB for the LONGEST threads whining about WHY you cannot WIN a title by the playoff system instead of VOTING for a Gold Ball by the East Tn media.

Whats this one 60+ pages this time? <_<

As to y'alls worrying about GQ, do not worry about him as y'all never make far enough to play one of his teams, and you NEVER schedule a hard team more than once a year.

My posts irratating? GOOD, then actually do something to prove me wrong.

lostolddad.jpg I have a prediction for the upcoming season.Every player and every school has a chance to win a state title.No young man should enter a football season or any battle with the mindset that he is defeated and has no chance of total success.It's true that only the players for eight schools will win it all,but that could be any eight teams of the hundreds of schools and thousands of players.{High school players},never let anyone tell you that you can't win on the field or in the game of life.If you work as hard as you can and success doesn't happen for you,then you owe nobody{most importantly, yourself}.

lostolddad.jpg I have a prediction for the upcoming season.Every player and every school has a chance to win a state title.No young man should enter a football season or any battle with the mindset that he is defeated and has no chance of total success.It's true that only the players for eight schools will win it all,but that could be any eight teams of the hundreds of schools and thousands of players.{High school players},never let anyone tell you that you can't win on the field or in the game of life.If you work as hard as you can and success doesn't happen for you,then you owe nobody{most importantly, yourself}.

Good post, BatmanDB. Very true.

And if I do, what does it have to do with y'alls constantly CHOKING at playoff time?

You do have the record at DB for the LONGEST threads whining about WHY you cannot WIN a title by the playoff system instead of VOTING for a Gold Ball by the East Tn media.

Whats this one 60+ pages this time? <_<

As to y'alls worrying about GQ, do not worry about him as y'all never make far enough to play one of his teams, and you NEVER schedule a hard team more than once a year.

My posts irratating? GOOD, then actually do something to prove me wrong.

You didn't answer the question?????

I'm not going to sugar coat this because i've seen all the heartache we've been through in the past couple decades. This team has probably the most athletic football team with kids who can play football that we've ever had. I expect the score board lights to get blown out. But, i should'nt expect this years outcome to be any different from the previous gut busting loses that we've had. We always find a way to screw it up. However, i will continue to come on hear and tell everybody that DB is everyones daddy and everybody else sucks, atleast until round #1 of the 2012 TSSAA playoffs when we become the worst team in the state when the second half of that game begins. We are SNAKE BIT!!!! But, we are D.B.!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!