South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

There's 27 pages of a whole lot of nothing on here.

But, I think this is the first time in a while where there's not a clear favorite.

South Pitt, IMO, has been the clear favorite in a lot of our matchups.

With that being said, I expect Gville to come out and take care of business.

It's going to be a good game, but Gville is at home, and they're playing good right now, as is South Pitt.

SP hasn't been to Gordonsville in a while, and I expect that to benefit us.

However, SP's no stranger to playing on the road this year.

I don't know if they've played in an atmosphere like they'll see Friday. I don't think you can get any better than a semifinal matchup between these two teams.

To be honest, Gville still hasn't been really tested since week 3, so that may affect them.

If the boys in blue come out fired up, physical, and mentally ready, I like our chances.

No upset here. Cornbread Capitol will mercy rule Gordonsville.

Good one wingman, but your nowhere near as funny as the troll :roflol: This game is what football is all about, we have lots of respect for them dang pirates and all the tradition and golden balls of glory. To win it all in 1A football everyone knows you have to beat south pitt, their record speaks for itself. Gordonsville is hungry and welcomes the challenge friday night, this is the team we have to beat plain an simple. Have a safe voyage up to the jungle and bring plenty of that rum to ease the pain :thumb:

Tigerfan you won't be playing eaglville this week and that number 1 won't be suited up in the black and orange,so things won't be so easy this week.#16 won't score 5 td's either.As a Pirate fan I respect G'ville but have a little more confidence in this group Pirates than some.Dont be suprised if you see big mean spear caught and broke this defense will be a little more physical than some you have played.They know this is going to be a battle and so do the fans, the winner of this game will win the gold ball!!!!

You state the obvious. Of course, we're not playing Eagleville, and odds are no one scores 5 td's in any game, just the way it worked out Friday.

I expect a close, physical game, and I think the boys in blue can pull it out. :thumb:

Now to you Gordonsville fans, whom I do respect....I have tried to resist saying this, but might as well get it started...there are some doubters on here as to our ability of even winning this game. Let me say I have looked at all the film and highlights of your team that is available on this Web that Roy and Al invented. And after consulting with a football guru friend earlier tonight, I have come to the conclusion that your team is no better than Polk County. There are a lot of similarities and now I have no doubt that our team will handle your team with no problems what-so-ever. Coen is good but Blevins is a BEAST and you are about to find that out. This game is not going to be close....

Now to you Gordonsville fans, whom I do respect....I have tried to resist saying this, but might as well get it started...there are some doubters on here as to our ability of even winning this game. Let me say I have looked at all the film and highlights of your team that is available on this Web that Roy and Al invented. And after consulting with a football guru friend earlier tonight, I have come to the conclusion that your team is no better than Polk County. There are a lot of similarities and now I have no doubt that our team will handle your team with no problems what-so-ever. Coen is good but Blevins is a BEAST and you are about to find that out. This game is not going to be close....

Pegleg, what kind of mess is this? I thought I had powerp under control and now you post this mess. You are going to make that Marshall man real mad by saying this mess. You need to read in your Murphy Fair book about these Gordonsville boys. They are real good and we have to play them on that Marshall mans field this year. Did Powerp hack your account and post this bunch of mess? The last thing we need to do is make that Marshall man real mad. You think im joking but im not.

You ain't right ,Troll.roflolk.gif..we could use you talent and comic relief on this site this week, cause I think things may get a little intense as it gets closer to the 2nd game of the century ( first one being a couple of weeks ago in Tuscaloosa)

All I have to say about that is "Woo Pig Sooey" in Baton Rouge the week.

Pegleg, what kind of mess is this? I thought I had powerp under control and now you post this mess. You are going to make that Marshall man real mad by saying this mess. You need to read in your Murphy Fair book about these Gordonsville boys. They are real good and we have to play them on that Marshall mans field this year. Did Powerp hack your account and post this bunch of mess? The last thing we need to do is make that Marshall man real mad. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, he said he consulted a football guru friend. The problem is, Phil Beene is no longer with us. :roflol:

Evidently you haven't seen much and your GURU friend sounds like he is rollin' his own. If what you have seen is video on this thread then you know nothing. This Gordonsville TEAM is very good and will give South Pitt all they can handle as will South Pitt give Gordonsville all they can handle. To say South Pitt will "handle" gordonsville "with no problem what-so-ever" is not accurate. In regards to Coen, he is better than good as is Blevins. I keep saying if everybody keys and concentrates on Coen then the other 10 and Coen too will get the job done. This Gordonsville Defense is very good. If South Pitt brings this attitude to Turney Ford Field then Gordonsville wins by at least two scores. But I dont anticipate this at all. I am convinced both Teams come on to the field with a good mindset.

Old Pirate says the Pirates should already be focused on GV and the BIG feud that awaits them come Friday. Get to work on game planning them Tigers and believe in and work on the team concept! Hopefully that Chubb youngon heals fast and can be available for action.

Jest to shed a tad more caution OP seen them Tigers Friday night and them youngons can play futeball. So SP folkes best git prepared for this here feud come Friday that ain't going to be nothing but an all out battle. The Tigers have that big ole tackle that plays likes he has been bit in the backside by rattle snack and is out to inflect as much misery as possible for as long as he can. The QB throws the futeball with the arch of a basketball that drops in the bread basket of his receivers and runs like he's skeerd that rattle snack is after him now. The Pirates and SP folkes best take head to OP.

Old Pirate says:IF YOU AIN'T THE LEAD DOG...THE SMELL AND SCENARY NEVER CHANGES

Edited by OLD PIRATE

South Pitt WILL NOT come into this game over confident. South Pittsburg understands the task at hand in this game. Gordonsville has a VERY good team this year. South Pitt hasn't played up to their standards lately. I think South Pitt can play with Gordonsville and will be a good challenge for them. I am not saying South Pittsburg will win this game, but I do think they will play extremely hard and give it everything they have. It should be a good game between two good teams.