South Pittsburg against Gordonsville

Roy Dillard

Eminem were you at The Jungle last night? I was over there by Croz on top of The Hill but was unsure about who different people were that were standing around talking.

I was standing with Snoball and Seven.

Just some thoughts before this thread gets closed.

I know SP does their share of jawing, but we have to keep cool. I think it's a lot of SP's intimidation factor.

IMO, that was the worst display by a Gordonsville team behavior wise since 1996 at BGA.

After that game, the seniors weren't upset or crying because it was their last game.

They were upset and crying because Stanley Wills ripped them a new one in the locker room after that mess.

From what I've seen all year is Gville has had a couple of guys that "talk".

And, when it gets out of hand, it's contagious.

This Junior class has alot of good kids including #4. I know him very well and is a standup kid. The senior class as well has a lot of good kids, but a couple of bad apples can spoil the bunch.

Whether SP was starting it or not, there is not an excuse for what went on Friday. Period. If someone tries to start something, get em back the right way between the whistles.

I'll be honest, I've been a Gordonsville fan all my life, but with displays like this, it's hard to support em. Like I said, SP may have started some of the stuff, but that's no excuse.

Odds are, we'll meet again next year. Maybe, a lesson will have been learned by then.

Guest Termite

I was standing with Snoball and Seven.

Just some thoughts before this thread gets closed.

I know SP does their share of jawing, but we have to keep cool. I think it's a lot of SP's intimidation factor.

IMO, that was the worst display by a Gordonsville team behavior wise since 1996 at BGA.

After that game, the seniors weren't upset or crying because it was their last game.

They were upset and crying because Stanley Wills ripped them a new one in the locker room after that mess.

From what I've seen all year is Gville has had a couple of guys that "talk".

And, when it gets out of hand, it's contagious.

This Junior class has alot of good kids including #4. I know him very well and is a standup kid. The senior class as well has a lot of good kids, but a couple of bad apples can spoil the bunch.

Whether SP was starting it or not, there is not an excuse for what went on Friday. Period. If someone tries to start something, get em back the right way between the whistles.

I'll be honest, I've been a Gordonsville fan all my life, but with displays like this, it's hard to support em. Like I said, SP may have started some of the stuff, but that's no excuse.

Odds are, we'll meet again next year. Maybe, a lesson will have been learned by then.

Standing with Snowy and 7?? Wasn't real concerned about your reputation was you???:roflol:

I agree about the talking, showboating finger pointing and ME stuff.....and we've talked about it a little this year. This seems to have been a problem the last 2-3 years. Maybe not all the time, but it rears it's head every now and then.

Moose,Medley, Clemons,Bush,Glover and the rest of the coaches have got to see this, and yet, it continues. That's the part I really, really don't understand. Every one of those coaches played for a coach that woudn't put up with it. As Julious Campbell said in Remember the Titans......atitude reflect leadership.........

I've heard and read some folks say SC getting beat in the 1st round was an embarresment. I don't necessarly agree with that, but now , with this showing, it seems some things could be a bigger embarresment.

With what Gordonsville has returning next year, it will probably be fun to be a Big Blue fan, but one way or another, this "mess" needs to be fixed.

Gville was full of nothing but sore losers. Tryin to get our boys to fight so they coulnt play next week. They had a major lack of sportsmanship. They never had a chance anyways. Their mr football finalist was on his back the whole game. He was garbage IMO. Goodluck with BBall season. :popcorneater:

Well we got a couple who can Jaw with the best of them so lets not be casting stones. We won and they reconize there's a problem. Lets move on.

Gville was full of nothing but sore losers. Tryin to get our boys to fight so they coulnt play next week. They had a major lack of sportsmanship. They never had a chance anyways. Their mr football finalist was on his back the whole game. He was garbage IMO. Goodluck with BBall season. :popcorneater:

Regardless, you'll be playing BBall in a week as well. :roflolk:

Yes, that makes me feel a little better. :roflol:

Edited by croz6110

You know it!!! Me and Roy will be there!! I was standing right next to you on that there hill in Gordonsville!!! Didn't you recognize me and Roy??? :roflolk:

TT99, do you think that Marshall man will buy me a new thermos since I fell on that curb and it was not marked properly? I garuntee you it leaks a little now because it cracked the durn lid. I am going to call him tomorrow and ask him about this mess. You think im joking but im not.

I agree totally...Gordonsville still had a shot to win this game til #2 started his tantrums...he threw one of those tantrums against us this year on the creekbank...and it cost ya'll then too. I think the fault is all on the coaches...part of their job is to teach discipline and sportsmanship...even in defeat. thumb[1].gif

#2 is known for throwing his little fits. Someone needs to get a grip on him.. It is evident that his parents nor the coaches can't do anything with him. Someone needs to get involved that can get a grip on these boys and the coaches. Maybe the principal needs to step in. Coen got knocked on his butt all nite long.. When it comes head to head with a good team Gville cant hang and try to get down and dirty. It has always happened just like what has already been said, it is getting old, VERY old...

#2 is known for throwing his little fits. Someone needs to get a grip on him.. It is evident that his parents nor the coaches can't do anything with him. Someone needs to get involved that can get a grip on these boys and the coaches. Maybe the principal needs to step in. Coen got knocked on his butt all nite long.. When it comes head to head with a good team Gville cant hang and try to get down and dirty. It has always happened just like what has already been said, it is getting old, VERY old...

I think it starts when the head coach stands in the middle of the field and tries to stare down the opposing team during warm ups.To me that just sets the tempo for the team and once agaian attitude is reflected by leadership and the group doesn't handle pressure well.With some attitude adjustmants and discipline starting with the coached down to the players G"Ville will have a chance at gold next year.however if things are not handled I am afraid you will end up with the same results.Trash talkin on the field is just part of the mental game and SP does it as well as any they just don't let the other team in their heads.G'Ville took themselves completely out of this game with 8 minutes left on the clock and SP came out with the win.