Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

I take it you weren't in attendance last night? The officiating was bad! Never made excuses, just had bad officiating.

My question is this: was it bad just for Greeneville or for both teams?

My main point is this: Greeneville has great players with great determination. They also have a great coaching staff. These kids and adults work extremely hard! It is crazy how excuses are made when they have a close game or lose. Sometimes the other team may just have a good night against you. I don't think we teach these kids any life lessons (which are most important) when we make excuses when things don't go as planned.

Last nights game was a whole lot closer than the score indicated.Thought the officiating was fair.What can you say about Greeneville they are beast.(I mean that in a good way)And the Bobcats you achieved more this year than any of the Bobcat faithful could imagine.And we were that close.I think the championship game was played last night.Greeneville thanks for having us glad we got to visit your home field you need to come see us next year or in the near future.

I wouldn't want that referee crew back next week for a backyard kickball game.Subpar at best,and at this stage of the playoffs,you don't need that.Not saying they were biest,they just stunk as a crew.

I agree with you Batman. The referee crew was subpar at best. They had many flags they waved off. If you see something throw a flag if you don't keep your hand out of your pocket! There was alot of no holding calls and that not taking anything away from Giles because they are a heck of a team. They will be even better next year!

On a side note one of my old coaches use to tell us "If you ain't holding your not Blocking" so maybe they were just blocking :roflol:

Edited by Swipes

Great season Bobcats. This was one year of football that you guy's gave the fan's their money's worth, and more. Not just a couple of games, but most of them, you had us on the edge of our seats!

Hat's off to Greeneville for a great season. The 2nd half you guy's did what you've done all year. Ran the ball. Give the ball to Hall, and he will drag the pile. After watching BVDevils highlights earlier in the week, I knew he was going to be a real threat, and he was. We had the guy's on him, but we couldn't trip him up.

There was a lot of flags, but it seemed to go both way's, so at least they were fair.

I look forward to the next couple of years at Giles. The Bobcats will be a force to reckon with. Our conference teams have stepped it up. After taking a pounding from us over the past few years, have improved to be contenders, as well. Which only helps us improve our game. I truly expected Fairview to be playing in Cookeville this year.

I guess the officiating got better in the 4th quarter. Didn't read any complaining after Greeneville got the lead for good. It amazes me how IF a team plays with Greeneville, it is bad officiating. As far as holding calls not being penalized, I think holding could be called on about a third of the plays in high school football. Games would last 4 hours if they called all of them. Greeneville players and coaches work their butts off to be successful and I don't think it does them justice to make excuses when things are not going as planned. They obviously learned something from that 09 game and never wanted to have that feeling again. They did not make excuses, they just worked harder and decided not to let each other down. I am glad they left the complaining to the fans. Congrats Greeneville players and coaches! Good luck next week in Cookeville!

Giles County, you played great and actually kept it closer than 90% of the people on this board thought you would. I saw where you didn't have many seniors so the future looks good for you guys.

This is kind of ridiculous. We drive 6 hours and a time zone change, play on your field, you have 4 times as many seniors as we do, score multiple times on your defense that's gonna shut us out, make you punt where no Greenville fan can remember the last time you punted, that second string that was going to be in the game by mid way thru the second quarter never got to see the field and all y'all can do is cry and whine about the officiating. You all must be talking about the two turnovers Giles County had that weren't allowed due to call of stop on forward progress. Gv has a great team, Giles Co does too!

• Upvote 1

This is kind of ridiculous. We drive 6 hours and a time zone change, play on your field, you have 4 times as many seniors as we do, score multiple times on your defense that's gonna shut us out, make you punt where no Greenville fan can remember the last time you punted, that second string that was going to be in the game by mid way thru the second quarter never got to see the field and all y'all can do is cry and whine about the officiating. You all must be talking about the two turnovers Giles County had that weren't allowed due to call of stop on forward progress. Gv has a great team, Giles Co does too!

I don't think anyone is crying about the officiating. It was bad both ways if you ask me. We've actually been very respectful of your team. Maybe you missed that part?

Every Greeneville fan on here has given Giles Co. props and told you that yall were a great team after the game so get off your high horse! The officials where just bad in general not just for Greeneville but you don't read into that. I've stated before how many penalties that where thrown both sides and then waved off through out the game (a sign of you don't know what your doing). If someone is stopped of foward progress and then gets stripped he has been classified as down (not saying that happened). There was a lot of holding not called and Giles County didn't get any breaks with the one TO I thought they should have gotten that they called a GV runner down.

Not taking anything away from Hall(he's a beast)but it wasn't all him dragging that pile.If you notice once everyones lock up on him trying to tackle him.Greenevilles hog on an offensive line comes in from behind and pushes the pile forward about ten yards.Smart football, weight rolls better down hill.

I guess the REF's were for Greenville?

That was one of the best high school football atmosphere's ever. Sorry I missed you up on the hill, but my boys back home in SC were playing for the state championship and I was in the stands listening to it on the internet...it was a good night for my teams. If that Cobb kid can learn when to stay with a play and when to get rid of the ball or take a sack, he'll be another Giles County Mr.Football. He's a play-maker for sure, but a couple of those int's were the direct result of forcing a play when he should have just thrown it away...the same with the fumbles. You can tell he's an intense competitor and he's definitely a dangerous weapon. Yall are gonna be scary good next year...hopefully on the other side of the bracket. Safe travels friend.

Barb I must say you have taught your fellow Gdevil posters well, none of them would give you up. They all said "Man none of us know who she is" Big Trey said. Hopefully if we play you guys next year it will be in Cookeville or the BRICKYARD. Got plenty of room down here for tailgating. One question, would you guys have set the fireworks off if we had won? It was nice I liked it. Not a real fan of the home team sitting on visitor side, esp if you are going to wear a dead cat on your head and an orange jump suit. Good luck saturday I am secretly pulling for you guys so dont tell anyone!