Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

Hopefully y'all will get to see #14 this week. Young man throws better on the run than most do sitting in the pocket. Strong arm and runs well also. He has better vision of the field this year and has not thrown many picks.

As to the comment of being able to run on us this year like two years ago, do NOT bet the farm on that this year. You will see far less folks playing BOTH ways this year as in the past and that has helped our defense.

I will bet the Oak Ridge folks that saw last years and this years team could tell a difference after last night. This not playing so many both ways has helped increase the defensive speed and strength in the second half. At the start of the fourth quarter our defensive line was not hung over holding on to their knees trying to get their breath like they were last year.

The one player that impressed folks last year and this year is Adam Davenport. Young man is NOT a finese runner. He is a young bull that arm tackles will not work on. Has fairly good speed for a fullback also.

Another thing that we use FINALLY is a PASS to the TE. Heck the fact we even use the PASS is amazing to some of us.

Looking forward to a really good hard played game that will be injury free, because one team from this one WILL have a hard game the week after for ALL the marbles!

14 is really good. I was surprised at how much he ran on us Friday. I'm not much of a stat guy but I'd say he was doing well before he left the game.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the game thats going to be played, is this really Maryvilles best team ever. i geuss OR fans could tell us the most since they played both teams.

My vote from OR....YES. I've said it before, the Rebels are a football machine. I think the Rebels could wear orannge and compete next week :roflol:

Having seen both teams live, I would say it will be a good game early, Riverdale has a very good defensive line, they really did a good job stopping the run against Oak Ridge, but I think that Robinette and those tall Maryville receivers will cause the Warriors a lot of problems and find a way to break it open. Riverdale must run the ball and the clock to shorten the game and keep Maryville's offense off the field, they cannot have turnovers, because Maryville will make a living off of them, they know how to capitalize on them. Kicking game edge to Maryville too. Oak Ridge was a bit off when they played both teams, but they would have done better against Riverdale if they had been sharp like they were in their last 7 games. This one goes to the Rebels, 35-14

Having seen both teams live, I would say it will be a good game early, Riverdale has a very good defensive line, they really did a good job stopping the run against Oak Ridge, but I think that Robinette and those tall Maryville receivers will cause the Warriors a lot of problems and find a way to break it open. Riverdale must run the ball and the clock to shorten the game and keep Maryville's offense off the field, they cannot have turnovers, because Maryville will make a living off of them, they know how to capitalize on them. Kicking game edge to Maryville too. Oak Ridge was a bit off when they played both teams, but they would have done better against Riverdale if they had been sharp like they were in their last 7 games. This one goes to the Rebels, 35-14

Riverdale might be without their QB. may have torn ACL. will know Monday.

Riverdale might be without their QB. may have torn ACL. will know Monday.

Yes and that would be a shame. Woodruff has more like Robinette numbers, 1,533 passing yards on 106 of 164 passing with 825 rushing yards and 29 total touchdowns. I am sure Riverdale still feels they can win this game. It would just be a lot more of a challenge for Maryville if Woodruff is able to play. Maryville is a great team that has great coaching. As I said last year after they beat my Dawgs they are the BIG DOGS NOW!!!! It is up to another team to knock them off that spot. Just hope for a GREAT INJURY FREE GAME!!!!

Yes and that would be a shame. Woodruff has more like Robinette numbers, 1,533 passing yards on 106 of 164 passing with 825 rushing yards and 29 total touchdowns. I am sure Riverdale still feels they can win this game. It would just be a lot more of a challenge for Maryville if Woodruff is able to play. Maryville is a great team that has great coaching. As I said last year after they beat my Dawgs they are the BIG DOGS NOW!!!! It is up to another team to knock them off that spot. Just hope for a GREAT INJURY FREE GAME!!!!

I hope 14 is in the game, he's a difference maker. Wouldn't be enough though.

The gold ball stays in the east. Maryville all the way :thumb: