Knoxville West @ Powell

RunninRebels

I've seen them both play and I still find it hard to compare who is better. Devrin has more lateral quickness there is not doubt, this allows him to split defenders. Furthermore, he has great burst so once he splits them he's gone. Mobley has good one step and two step burst he will also run through arm tackles and rarely is brought down by one guy. Devrin his sr year was 5'8 165, Mobley in comparison 6'2 210. Quite a bit of difference in bringing down those 2. Not to mention Mobley runs a 4.4, he has some speed with him. If you sit and look at the Bearden Schedule it compares very much so with Powells schedule. He was not playing THAT good of teams. He averaged just over 10, still very impressive and very solid. But to say the strength of schedule played a role, it probably did a very small amount. Might be the difference in that 3 ypc average difference they have. Not to mention Mobley has just over 200 carries on the year. Just different backs in my opinion, Mobley is the better true tailback.

LC made an impressive late run, but before half way through the 3rd they had I believe 10 yard of total offense. I wouldn't say they gave us all we could handle I say the same thing happened as what did in the Ooltewah game. Powells defense let down around the 28-7 mark, exact same thing happened against Ooltewah when powell went up 35-7. They will have to fix that also. I do credit LC they pulled Powell up late to get the ball back multiple times.

I'm pretty sure a little birdie told me that Mobley ran a 4.69 laser timed 40 at Kentucky and it was even worse at UT. He isn't that fast.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure a little birdie told me that Mobley ran a 4.69 laser timed 40 at Kentucky and it was even worse at UT. He isn't that fast.

Birdie Told me that the UT coaches said if he runs sub 4.7 at their camp they would offer him, alas he did not lol. However, Kentucky has offered him, he ran 4.54 laser at MTSU and powell coaches had him at 4.47. He has some speed. Not to mention a lot of coaches are colleges are going away from laser time based on their reliability. Thats information from Nike clinics.

I've seen them both play and I still find it hard to compare who is better. Devrin has more lateral quickness there is not doubt, this allows him to split defenders. Furthermore, he has great burst so once he splits them he's gone. Mobley has good one step and two step burst he will also run through arm tackles and rarely is brought down by one guy. Devrin his sr year was 5'8 165, Mobley in comparison 6'2 210. Quite a bit of difference in bringing down those 2. Not to mention Mobley runs a 4.4, he has some speed with him. If you sit and look at the Bearden Schedule it compares very much so with Powells schedule. He was not playing THAT good of teams. He averaged just over 10, still very impressive and very solid. But to say the strength of schedule played a role, it probably did a very small amount. Might be the difference in that 3 ypc average difference they have. Not to mention Mobley has just over 200 carries on the year. Just different backs in my opinion, Mobley is the better true tailback.

LC made an impressive late run, but before half way through the 3rd they had I believe 10 yard of total offense. I wouldn't say they gave us all we could handle I say the same thing happened as what did in the Ooltewah game. Powells defense let down around the 28-7 mark, exact same thing happened against Ooltewah when powell went up 35-7. They will have to fix that also. I do credit LC they pulled Powell up late to get the ball back multiple times.

The only good team Powell plays in the regular season is Oak Ridge. Mobley does not run a 4.4 lol He is a 4.6-4.5 guy. Devrin was the fastest player i have ever seen play at field level and he is 2-3 steps faster than Mobley. Mobley is a beast to take down tho i give him that.

LC played one of worst first half on O they have all year and still had a chance to tie the game up if they recovered the onsides kick with a little over a min to go in the game(had a good shot at it too). Pushed you more than any team has all year since the Oak Ridge game :thumb:

This is a very evenly matched game and an exciting one to watch. I believe if West can stop Mobley before he gets to running full speed they will be just fine. Ultimately I believe special teams will be the difference in the game. West has a great kicker in George Bullock who will be a huge factor in this game. I also believe since West went to this round last year and lost a close one 7-0 to the eventual state champ Coulmbia Central then they will want this one more and they know what it takes to get to where they want to be... In Cookeville two weeks exactly from right now.

My Prediction- Powell 20 West 27

Edited by westrebel20

Ultimately I believe special teams will be the difference in the game. West has a great kicker in George Bullock who will be a huge factor in this game.

Absolutely. Unless one of these teams lays an egg, I expect it to be nip and tuck. The advantage of Bullock and hidden yardage could prove huge.

All this talk of Mobley: the kid is an OUTSTANDING lead blocker, as is the QB when called upon.

This is a very evenly matched game and an exciting one to watch. I believe if West can stop Mobley before he gets to running full speed they will be just fine. Ultimately I believe special teams will be the difference in the game. West has a great kicker in George Bullock who will be a huge factor in this game. I also believe since West went to this round last year and lost a close one 7-0 to the eventual state champ Coulmbia Central then they will want this one more and they know what it takes to get to where they want to be... In Cookeville two weeks exactly from right now.

My Prediction- Powell 20 West 27

I live in Henry County, My Son a HCHS graduate lives and works in the Powell area, says Dad Powell boys talkin smack big time they wanna bet me powell beats us- Henry County in State should I Bet em? Being the father I said No, They have reason to be cocky, undefeated, Great Offense, Solid Defense. He took The Bet!!

Go get em WEST, even though I dont wish to see you either December 2nd....Just Happy to Be In The Dance when The Time Comes.... Predict low score over there maybe 24-21 17-14

So excited about this matchup and have been waiting for it since last year. Does anyone know the status of Anthony Bright for this game? Boseman and Flood have done great and all, but I want us at full strength and use all our weapons to win this game. West Defense is playing lights out and cant wait to see Mobley vs West's Linebackers Jimmy Garner and Colin Underwood who have more than 120 tackles each on the year. Should be a great game.

I like West 31 Powell 28...Bullock field goal wins it in the end.

The only good team Powell plays in the regular season is Oak Ridge. Mobley does not run a 4.4 lol He is a 4.6-4.5 guy. Devrin was the fastest player i have ever seen play at field level and he is 2-3 steps faster than Mobley. Mobley is a beast to take down tho i give him that.

LC played one of worst first half on O they have all year and still had a chance to tie the game up if they recovered the onsides kick with a little over a min to go in the game(had a good shot at it too). Pushed you more than any team has all year since the Oak Ridge game :thumb:

Devrin is clearly faster then Mobley. My only point was Mobley is not exactly slow, he runs away from plenty of 4.6 guys...just look at how many runs he has for 40+ yards this year.

LC def played a bad first half. They got much closer then they ever should have and they deserve their credit. But it is also 3rd round of the play offs they should push powell more then any team has.Ready for a great game Friday. Goodluck to both sides but I've got the panthers in this one. :mrgreen:

Edited by wowarastorm

Going with the Rebs in this one... West has one experience that they bring to the field with them that Po-well does not, they played MARYVILLE earlier in the season so I believe that they will be more prepared for Mobley and McPhetridge than most of the teams Po-well has faced. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by GREYRIDER