Rankin going to Catholic?

falconvol

Yes, IMO it does matter. It wouldn't mean it's completely impossible, but I can't imagine why they would have signed a multi year deal with Meadows if they were contemplating a change. After all, the speculation all along was Rankin to Catholic after this year, so why would Catholic have thought that it was in their interest to sign Meadows a few weeks before the end of Rankin's season? Perhaps you know something I don't know, but that seems pretty short sighted.

Gary Rankin will be the new football coach at Knoxville Catholic. It has been an amazing run at Alcoa just as it was at Riverdale and at Smith County but I feel like Rankin is ready to take a final step to this private school after being in the public school system as a head coach these last 30 years (1982-2011).

That's what some of the players came home saying today after school. From the dollars they were talking, it would be hard to walk away from that. If it's true, I can't blame the man. A person has to do what's best for his family. I just think the timing could have been a little better. The boys are still feeling quite a sting from Friday, and then to hear the coach is leaving...well, you can imagine how that drives the sting a little deeper.

Well you cannot say you were not warned. <_<

There is actually TWO possibilities.

1. He is actually going.

2. He is fishing for his annual 'BONUS' from the Boosters.

Personnaly if I was betting on it, I would be putting my money on Number 1.

My understanding he usually holds schools hostage for bumps in pay every few years.

Nix as "coach in waiting" has been known for a couple of years with most of the "inner circle" in Alcoa.

I had hard Alcoa wanted a hot name coach and it would be Cain Ballard from Greenville. He wants to make a move before his lil kids start school and before his oldest starts the middle school level.

Edited by Leobadazz