Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

This has to be one of the most remarkable posts in any thread. You are suggesting that a scout ("one of the best...in East Tennessee") will be a deciding factor in a playoff game. And you write about what Henry County can keep "quite" as far as the game plan is concerned. Are you describing a scout or a spy here? A scout would watch Henry County play and draw conclusions from that; a spy would sneak about and secretly watch practices this week. In case you are not aware of this, the age of videotaping has virtually ended legitimate scouting; HC will be able to get video of every Powell game, and vice versa. Coach Counce and his staff, as talented as any in the state, will capably analyze these and construct a game plan; I am sure Coach Lowe and his staff will do the same. This will be one factor in making a game plan. The larger factor will be what you know your team's strengths and weaknesses are. It is of small consequence to know that the opponent's LBs can't cover curl routes if you know your QB can't throw curls.. The best team to scout is always your own. Will there be some surprise formations and new plays? Probably. But both these teams are going to "dance with who brung them," as they say.

Mobley will be Henry County's target, and Powell will rely on him. Most teams do not even scout any longer; their coaches just exchange game tapes. High school football is less about espionage tnan it is about blocking and teackling.

You’re entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my post. Take it for what it is worth. I am not going to explain myself with examples. Not sure why you would respond to this post. It is only my opinion and experierence with certain situations that have occurred in the past (last year and this year) that are true. I have no reason to lie. No one has to get all excited about a post that is merly making a statement of my individual experience. That is what coacht is for after all. Since this has been experienced and has happened that will tell me that you do not know as much as you think you do about scouting. But choose to believe that Powell has a great scout or not. It neither here nor there. This would only tell me that it has worried someone for some reason. Keep one thing in mind we have have played Powell 4 times in two year i think i might know a little bit about Powell.

Edited by jeopardyperil

You’re entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to my post. Take it for what it is worth. I am not going to explain myself with examples. Not sure why you would respond to this post. It is only my opinion and experierence with certain situations that have occurred in the past (last year and this year) that are true. I have no reason to lie. No one has to get all excited about a post that is merly making a statement of my individual experience. That is what coacht is for after all. Since this has been experienced and has happened that will tell me that you do not know as much as you think you do about scouting. But choose to believe that Powell has a great scout or not. It neither here nor there. This would only tell me that it has worried someone for some reason. Keep one thing in mind we have have played Powell 4 times in two year i think i might know a little bit about Powell.

oh no, not the spygate case again :roflol:

oh no, not the spygate case again :roflol:

Yea Sweet that's it! This scout even admitted it and no one took him seriously then boom he predicted the score almost perfect; time after time. He gave the details of what AC were practicing daily and made the comments. Stated he did not like what AC play calling was attempting he considered..borderline illegal; all of this on sidelines talking to people that did not know who he was. And even stated he gets paid 6$ figure for doing this for certain High Schools.......This one just so happened to be the Powell AC games. I Told my nephew and he could see game plan was blown at first half. Then next playoff game all practice were closed and gates locked down. AC won24-21 AC was driving again as time ran out.. So again just my experience. If I were the coaching staff I would at least consider this probability. I have no dog in this fight. Just an outsider giving inside details. Just call me the spy/scout buster! LOL Ha Ha

Yea Sweet that's it! This scout even admitted it and no one took him seriously then boom he predicted the score almost perfect; time after time. He gave the details of what AC were practicing daily and made the comments. Stated he did not like what AC play calling was attempting he considered..borderline illegal; all of this on sidelines talking to people that did not know who he was. And even stated he gets paid 6$ figure for doing this for certain High Schools.......This one just so happened to be the Powell AC games. I Told my nephew and he could see game plan was blown at first half. Then next playoff game all practice were closed and gates locked down. AC won24-21 AC was driving again as time ran out.. So again just my experience. If I were the coaching staff I would at least consider this probability. I have no dog in this fight. Just an outsider giving inside details. Just call me the spy/scout buster! LOL Ha Ha

Pay no attn to this crackpot and his black helicoptors! He is a sobbing Anderson co fan who cant let go of two complete butt whoopings in one year!.....He's the reason you have to be careful of the internet!

As far as the game No predictions here!.....I love watching a good game between two very worthy opponents!

JIP, do you wear a tin foil hat everywhere you go?

Who is this mysterious scout you speak of? Nobody associated with the Powell program seems to know anything about him.

And you say that officials favor Powell? You've got to be kidding me. Powell has been one of the most penalized teams in the Knoxville area this year, yet they are still in the Blue Cross Bowl. If you believe that the officials have favored Powell this year, then you are absolutely clueless.

You really need to let it go. Your obsession is not healthy.

And on the game, both teams do a lot of the same things, and do them very well. I look for a very competitive and very intense football game as one would expect in a championship game between 2 14-0 and very solid football teams.

Ok guys I will get together the links send you the source and links that detail this information. You guys must be from state of Missouri, show me state.

Henry Country trust me! I have no reason to lie. gee guys so what about a scout. This has really hurt me. Don't make me look bad it hurts my feeling when I know I am right. But at least you will see where I am coming from. I just feel the public should know all the details of how Powell operates and make an informed decision. But hey I got my point across to Henry County they can take it or leave it. Made my score guess now its time to see what HC has. Yes of course I am for HC. But HC if they read the paper will figure that one out why most AC fans are. But not getting into that.... Crack pot LOL Anyone can tell you I am the most honest person you will ever meet.

Still holding HC to a 35-21 thumping!

You know?.......When Powell was beating A.C. 34-0 in the 1st quarter this year at A.C......I was sitting up in the stands saying to myself....."I have GOT to start paying my spy more money! He is doing a heck of a job! :lol: Because it couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that Powell had big, athletic guys flying all over the field, and A.C. was little and slow". :roflol: