Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Ya ,H-E-DOUBLE-L FROZE Over !! :roflol:

Tspoon and PepVol ..... What the heck with Space he too is pulling for Powell. You have all AC posters including TJ. Powell better not let East TN down. From hearing all this smack from HC we need HTV to defend Powell. And where is Scoreatwill when you really need him? Come on guys smack HC posters back!

Oh and by the way it Looks like the Patriots are going to flood the stands and fans with Red Towels,. Hope Powell will ignore it and flood the score board like they usually do.

http://www.parispi.net/articles/2011/11/28/news/local_news/doc4ed3c09e6650c581633642.txt

I'm not sure why I'm trying to argue this point, but if you knew anything about Powell, you would know that like HC, Powell is a very deep team. Mobley is a key cog, but Dustin McPhetridge is equally important to this team. So are Darian Logan, Montario Washington, the Owenby brothers, and the entire Powell offensive line. I haven't even mentioned the defense.

Sound familiar? It should. That's the same formula that makes HC so potent. That's the beauty of a 2+ platoon system.

13 opponents have learned (AC twice) that you have to stop more than just Mobley to beat Powell. HC has taught that same lesson to everyone they've pounded this year, and even last year. I've seen a lot of one-man, even two-man, Powell teams in the past, and they couldn't even get beyond the second round of the playoffs. Why? Because they lacked depth, and they couldn't play defense. That's what makes this Powell team so much different than those I've seen in previous seasons. Are they good enough to win the whole thing? I guess we'll find out on Friday.

For the record, Mobley only plays about 40-50% of the time on defense, because he doesn't need to. The Panthers rotate 2-3 different sets of defensive linemen and 2 different sets of linebackers. Anyone who has seen this Powell team play knows that this is not a one man team.

osunut2 and Tspoon, I have been following your post since the first round of the playoffs and I was in attedance at the ooltewah game as my son lives and works in the powell community. I saw something shockingly familiar and am concerned. You wont hear me brag or post homerism wishes. I respect both of your opinions and facts are spot on. I forsee a Battle to the end. respectfully HCHSjock PS- Congrats on your new coach, Urban will make you contenders again soon...

No hard feelings to Mobley, but if he gets 200 yards like one poster said, on our defense I'll be highly shocked. Najee, Shaq and Jamari could out run him, and speed does kill. I watched some footage of Powell on their Youtube page and Mobley looks good he just doesn't look like what everyone says he is. I would take Walton over Mobley ANY day. I also believe that our defense will shut down Mobley. Any info on the QB? I heard he was pretty good... Also I'd like to add, our men will be feeding off of the 12th man this Friday, it'll be a big factor, you can ask anyone from HC it was kind of hard to hear at last Friday's match up against HHS. I'm just ready to see Coach Counce hoist that Gold ball above his head and bring the first one home to Henry County!! Cookeville will be rocking!

GO BIG RED!

osunut2 and Tspoon, I have been following your post since the first round of the playoffs and I was in attedance at the ooltewah game as my son lives and works in the powell community. I saw something shockingly familiar and am concerned. You wont hear me brag or post homerism wishes. I respect both of your opinions and facts are spot on. I forsee a Battle to the end. respectfully HCHSjock PS- Congrats on your new coach, Urban will make you contenders again soon...

HCHSjock,

I couldn't agree with you more. These are by far the best two 5A teams in the state, and they both deserve to be playing in this game. You will never hear me get on here and shoot off at the mouth about who is gonna blow out who. I too think this is going to be a battle to the end.

I do know one thing is for sure......I have watched the majority of this group of Powell seniors play together since they were 7 years old........They will not back off from a battle, they will fight to the very end, they care for one another like brothers, and they have more team chemistry than any group I have ever seen play together. No matter what the outcome is......I couldn't be more proud of my son and this special group of fine young men. :thumb:

I am a Patriot fan, Mobley is the best back that Henry County will face this week and folks, that is all that matters, Those are facts, Stopping Ridgeway was great but it gets us no extra points this week, another fact. Now for the my opinion part, there has been lots of talk about schedule strength, has it occurred to anyone that the reason our schedules both looked so weak is that both of these teams made them look weak. We were not challenged and outside of OR the panthers were not challenged, weak schedule or weakness relative to Powell and HC. Hendersonville was a very good football team and so was ridgeway, (can not speak for the opponents of Powell but we made Hendersonville look weak. Was NE that improved or was there just a snowball effect in game one when we were up 49-0 with 10 minutes to go in the quarter, I take the latter. This will likely be a meat grinder of a game that would probably go to game 7 if it were a 7 game series, Patriots winning of course, LOL. A wise man once told me to be careful getting in a shouting match with a fool because someone may come up and not know who the fool is. I listen to the so called experts on espn talk about their picks every week in college and pro games and every week they miss a few, I have not seen Powell, I have not missed HC play in 122 games, I know how good HC is and you better believe I know that if we do not play our best game, that Powell will beat us, what I am saying is you better respect your opponent as this is the only game that matters this week. If both teams play turnover free football, we win this one 33-21, The Prophet has spoken. Turnovers by us and Powell may win, turnovers by Powell and it could get out of hand. None of these players have been there before so who really knows.

Not sure if this has already been posted:

Henry County vs. Powell texting contest!

Show support for the Patriots in a texting contest with Powell High

Paris, Tenn.- Henry County is facing Powell High School on the field Friday night in the BlueCross Bowl Division 5A Football championship game. Fans of both teams can also compete against each other to see which team has the most school spirit.

Whichever school has the most texting fans, will win the Fan Face-Off at the BlueCross Bowl contest, which pits on field championship game opponents in a texting battle. The school with the most text ‘votes’ at the end of each game will receive a $1,000 donation from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.

The Fan Face-Off is a great way for faculty, students, parents, and the entire community to show support for their team and most importantly the contest provides an opportunity for BlueCross to give back to the communities that are so important to their success and the success of the BlueCross Bowl.

The texting contest between Henry County and Powell starts at noon on Tuesday and runs until the final whistle of the ballgame on Friday night. Patriot fans can text BOWL9 to 37048 and can get real-time updates via facebook at the BCBSTChampions facebook page. Contest winners will be announced after the ballgame is over.

The winning school may use the $1000 prize money for any project or needs that benefit the school or school sponsored programs and activities. Only one vote/text will be counted per mobile number, and normal charges may apply.

as for this game, i'm a gallatin fan so i'm an unbiased observer. i know nothing about powell, but from what i've seen of henry co. (last 2 games) they will be very hard to beat. this really is what its all about, though. two undefeated teams squaring off with a chance at the gold, makes me sad my teams not playing. other than mobley, what other threats does powell have? are they a good passing team?