FCS VS Dresden

therealfan

really we have good skill people not just a one man show we are not flashy on offense, but just seem to get the job done no matter the situation.with that being said I cant really single one person out that makes us go, its the group as a whole.

I feel that's the way we are too, as long as our line is playing good then the offense will do good. If the line isn't doing good then the offense won't do good.

What a great post, at least one family in Dresden understands

Thank you for your kindness, but I'm not the only fan in Dresden who feels this way. Most of the Dresden fans are respectful and don't have a negative attitude towards Christian schools. I'm expecting a very close game. Dresden has a good coaching staff. They have been teaching the players to play smart football. It has been a pleasure to watch the team develop. I played for Dresden from 73-76. I played for Murray State University from 76-79. I know how to recognize good coaching. The Dresden players have responded to good coaching. They are enjoying a fun game, and they are playing with all their hearts. I'm not surprised to see them going to Cookeville.

Aright I got a few questions for the Dresden fans, do y'all have a primary playmaker on offense and if so I was wondering what number? I just wanna know who to watch for y'all on Saturday. And could anyone tell me heights and weights of your starters?

Hopefully you will see who the playmakers are, and if you ask them they will tell you that it is the whole team working together, not just any one player.

What a great post, at least one family in Dresden understands

It's not that we don't understand. I forget the latest statistic but a couple years ago Dresden High School had around 50% of the students under the poverty level. True, most families at your school probably do struggle to pay tuition along with life in general. No way possible 50% of our kids could get near your school, and we have kids that their only decient meal comes from the free lunch they receive at school. So it's always going to be the rich kids against the poor redneck farm boys. No doubt you guys have a good team and we do also. I'm just hoping it's an injury free game and the Lions win. Really expecting a good game come Sat, cant wait.

DLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry:

It's not that we don't understand. I forget the latest statistic but a couple years ago Dresden High School had around 50% of the students under the poverty level. True, most families at your school probably do struggle to pay tuition along with life in general. No way possible 50% of our kids could get near your school, and we have kids that their only decient meal comes from the free lunch they receive at school. So it's always going to be the rich kids against the poor redneck farm boys. No doubt you guys have a good team and we do also. I'm just hoping it's an injury free game and the Lions win. Really expecting a good game come Sat, cant wait.

Come on now. We now have 46,000,000 receiving foot stamp cards in America, and TN has 92% of eligible citizens signed up. I live in Dresden. Our children have plenty of food. Let's not ask others to pity us. Read the "Little Red Hen" and let's get on with it.

You're welcome!

You don't know poverty until you've spent a lifetime living/traveling in the rural Appalachia section of East Tennessee.

Why try to make this into a socio-economic battle, it's a football game between two fine teams, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction

Come on now. We now have 46,000,000 receiving foot stamp cards in America, and TN has 92% of eligible citizens signed up. I live in Dresden. Our children have plenty of food. Let's not ask others to pity us. Read the "Little Red Hen" and let's get on with it.

I'll have to agree with my buddy YSOANGRY on this. I know Dresden is not the only community dealing with this but I have a child in elem. school & some of her classmates come to school hungry. At lunch other kids give them food off their plates. That's why the "backpack program" was created. Most families in Weakley County would never be able to come up with the money for private school tuition. Thankfully we have a great public school system. Now back to football.....GO LIONS!!!

You don't know poverty until you've spent a lifetime living/traveling in the rural Appalachia section of East Tennessee.

Why try to make this into a socio-economic battle, it's a football game between two fine teams, nothing more nothing less.

I'm not trying to make this a socio-economic battle and dont expect anyone to pity us. Anyone in a private school shouldn't act like you know hard times either, the only thing these two teams have in common is they are good football teams.

No doubt Applalachia has been in hard times for years but people throughout the state and the country are suffering just as much.

These kids have learned, as your kids have learned that you can accomplish your goals if your willing to work hard, and keep yourself out of trouble, in life as in football.

Pastorldr if you think we don't have hungry kids sitting in our schools you are living in a bubble somewhere. Take a look at needline or wecare and see how many people are needing help this year, not only for Christmas but for food and electric. Talk to someone about the backpack program and see how many kids are enrolled.

Sorry didn't mean to get this started. Actually, I probably did but back to football. Go Lions!!!!!!