Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

You still don't get it do you? Let Me Speak Really Slowly For You. Playing Down Is Illegal. GHS Can't Just Say "Hey TSSAA I Think We Will Play In 2A This Year". GHS Chose To Play Where They Were Classified No Matter If You Understand Or Not

In the new classifications (which are awful) the teams that Greeneville did play are now 5A correct? Greeneville had the option to play them which in the old classifications is exactly where they were, correct? Instead they chose to play in the new classification system in 4A, thus putting them in the BRAC. From my point of view they are playing down because they have never been here, and shouldn't be here. BTW, I appreciate your middle school attempt to insult my intelligence, but it actually shows your childishness rather than my lack of intelligence. I understand that it is illegal to play down.

I'm pretty sure you didn't speak it any slower and if you did it wouldn't matter because we can't hear you anyways. Also, capitalizing every word doesn't make much sense either. Great post :thumb:

It hard trying to explain stuff to people that wont even take the time to go look at the tssaa website and see how sports are classified and that playing down is not permitted :thumb:

They Chose to play where they where classified. They decided to do this to win state championships and help out in ever sport not just football. And we have won state championships in more than just football since the reclassifications. Its hard to win state championships when you competing with schools twice the size of you :thumb: They still are not playing down a class like you want to put it they chose to stay put and just not PLAY UP since no one can Play Down.

Ah you say potatoes I say taters. You say stay I say play down. Don't really matter how you word it Greeneville does not play the teams it traditionally has and that is the only reason it is winning these state championships.

I have another question for you though swipes...why did Greeneville play up a classification to begin with? Who made that decision and when?

I. May have exaggerated a bit.... GV-89 SG-50... Considering the second half would be a dunk contest...

BACK TO FOOTBALL!!!!!!! Saturday's on the way baby, and the snow Is rolling through :thumb:

Although 89-50 may still be a stretch, I do think Greeneville will win the conference. I just don't think it will be a breeze! Dunk contest in 2nd half? How many players on greenevilles team can dunk? Now I don't mean how many can dunk in practice by running in from the 3-pt line while their teammates say "hey, watch this johnny can dunk". How many can actually dunk while dribbling (required in basketball) and with the other teams playing defense (most teams at least try this, some better than others).

As for this Saturday: greeneville wins!

In the new classifications (which are awful) the teams that Greeneville did play are now 5A correct? Greeneville had the option to play them which in the old classifications is exactly where they were, correct? Instead they chose to play in the new classification system in 4A, thus putting them in the BRAC. From my point of view they are playing down because they have never been here, and shouldn't be here. BTW, I appreciate your middle school attempt to insult my intelligence, but it actually shows your childishness rather than my lack of intelligence. I understand that it is illegal to play down.

First Question is Correct except some schools were classified to 6A like Maryville. Second Question is correct (anyone in the state of TN has the option to play up not just GHS that includes ever team in Greene CO.) Greeneville has been in 4A for forever the County teams have never been in 3A so they have never been there. The BRAC didn't even exists till 09 so how can you say they have never been here? Neither had any other team :rolleyes: If you think they shouldn't be here then complain to the TSSAA for Greeneville only having 850 kids and playing where they were classified

Edited by Swipes

Ah you say potatoes I say taters. You say stay I say play down. Don't really matter how you word it Greeneville does not play the teams it traditionally has and that is the only reason it is winning these state championships.

I have another question for you though swipes...why did Greeneville play up a classification to begin with? Who made that decision and when?

Well playing down is not permitted so that would be a false statement but anyways I agree with you that Playing where we are classified has helped us win state championships. Its easier playing against schools your size instead of schools twice the size of you.

Greeneville played up to begin with because all the schools that use to be in the IMAC were all the same size back in the day (50-60's). They grew over the years and GHS didn't. GHS wanted to keep rivalries, not to mention more gate money is why they played up for so long. I have no clue who had the final say so but they had been playing up since the 80's when there was only 3 classifications

Well playing down is not permitted so that would be a false statement but anyways I agree with you that Playing where we are classified has helped us win state championships. Its easier playing against schools your size instead of schools twice the size of you.

Greeneville played up to begin with because all the schools that use to be in the IMAC were all the same size back in the day (50-60's). They grew over the years and GHS didn't. GHS wanted to keep rivalries, not to mention more gate money is why they played up for so long. I have no clue who had the final say so but they had been playing up since the 80's when there was only 3 classifications

So when reclassification comes up again will GHS move up again or stay where they are?

Although 89-50 may still be a stretch, I do think Greeneville will win the conference. I just don't think it will be a breeze! Dunk contest in 2nd half? How many players on greenevilles team can dunk? Now I don't mean how many can dunk in practice by running in from the 3-pt line while their teammates say "hey, watch this johnny can dunk". How many can actually dunk while dribbling (required in basketball) and with the other teams playing defense (most teams at least try this, some better than others).

As for this Saturday: greeneville wins!

Ok heres one for ya.... Why dont all the county schools play down... I bet if we all write TSSAA and tell them how jealous you all are of GHS they may let you.... OH WAIT... County schools would have a problem in that classification to and then they would start saying that some other school needs to play up... PUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

This is a dumb post compliments of all of your alls STUPID posts about GHS's playing up a classification so you all wouldnt be so JEALOUS...

On the real topic..... Here's my prediction-------> GHS wins and all the haters on here are still Jealous... :popcorneater:

Go Greene!!!!!!!

Ok heres one for ya.... Why dont all the county schools play down... I bet if we all write TSSAA and tell them how jealous you all are of GHS they may let you.... OH WAIT... County schools would have a problem in that classification to and then they would start saying that some other school needs to play up... PUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

This is a dumb post compliments of all of your alls STUPID posts about GHS's playing up a classification so you all wouldnt be so JEALOUS...

On the real topic..... Here's my prediction-------> GHS wins and all the haters on here are still Jealous... :popcorneater:

Go Greene!!!!!!!

I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I do know the difference in basketball and football and I'm pretty sure gcfball was talking about how ridiculous nohands post was saying it would be 106-20 then 89-50 in BASKETBALL...Come on now greene4747 if you cant keep up its probably better to stay out.

So when reclassification comes up again will GHS move up again or stay where they are?

I believe they will stay where they are classified. I've heard talk that the tssaa might go back to the old 5 classifications system though.

I wonder why yall don't give Maplewood any flack....they were in 4A in the old classification too :popcorneater: