Baylor vs Ensworth for State Championship

MBARED

42 members have voted

1. 1. Does Baylor or Ensworth win

I was at the game... Ensworth played dead and the officials helped Baylor in a big way. Baylor also played great. I was at the Baylor / BA game and saw a few of my buddies who went to Baylor with me. We all knew a rematch would be a different story. Ensworth is clearly better than everyone this year. BA and Baylor are more evenly matched. Ricky is the best coach in the league ... Potter not even in the same league at BA

Having payed close attention to the games in November, I was not surprised by the score. That EHS did it without Elder made it truly remarkable. Really made a statement to those that thought they were a one-man team and all you had to do was stop Elder. QB Bowers did a pretty good job of shutting up his detractors too. Looks like the defacto BlueCross Bowl really took place in Memphis last week, and that wasn't close either. EHS clearly a dominant #1. Congrats richly deserved.

Edited by owlbooster

Depends.

Ensworth is a one man team. You saw what happened when Elder was shut down (42-14). Bowers doesn't hold a candle to Parker.

But Baylor hasn't been playing to their potential in the playoffs. Lots dumb of turnovers throughout, and tackling problems against CBHS.

It'll be a fun one.

27-24 Red Raiders

"Ensworth is a one man team".Possibly the most untrue sentance ever posted on these boards(but I'll admit that no one short of a prophet could've known that).Sorry for the Elder kid to "miss" the game from an injury,but poetic justice for the rest of the team who've had to listen to that misconception for their whole career.Great execution by a great TEAM.

"Ensworth is a one man team".Possibly the most untrue sentance ever posted on these boards(but I'll admit that no one short of a prophet could've known that).Sorry for the Elder kid to "miss" the game from an injury,but poetic justice for the rest of the team who've had to listen to that misconception for their whole career.Great execution by a great TEAM.

Untrue and ignorant........This game was not even close I was really disappointed that I drove 2 hours to see such a blowout. So many great players on both teams but Ensworth has the upper hand. Congrats to Ensworth. Really wish Baylor could have played at least half way decent so the game may have been more exciting.

Untrue and ignorant........This game was not even close I was really disappointed that I drove 2 hours to see such a blowout. So many great players on both teams but Ensworth has the upper hand. Congrats to Ensworth. Really wish Baylor could have played at least half way decent so the game may have been more exciting.

My point exactly,in the same post was stated that "Bowers couldn't hold a candle to Parker"...everyone with a pulse saw what a terrific job of decision-making Bowers did,not to mention his ability when he ran the ball,and his touch on the tough throws.Hindsight is 20/20 but maybe Ensworth could have opened up the playbook more during the season with the quality of "other" weapons in their backfield.They have the gold ball so who am I to question,just happy that some of the role players got their 15 minutes in the spotlight.Sorry too for the Baylor kids,they were much better than they'll be remembered.

After the game was not decided until seconds left last year and a Baylor win earlier in the year...I don't think anyone saw this coming. Congratulations to Ensworth. No excuses from this Baylor fan....Ensworth is the best team hands down in the state. Just a powerful performance. It was a long drive home...and I wish it had been a better game. But Baylor had a tremendous season and I am proud of the kids. Again, congratulations. I hope Corn Elder is ok.

....Really wish Baylor could have played at least half way decent so the game may have been more exciting.

Funny how Ensworth keeps bringing out the "indecency" in teams. Really, the comments over the last several weeks about Baylor not playing well or "up to their potential" are boring and a little bit discrediting to their opponents. EHS brings out the worst in their opponents because they have the players to do so.

Edited by owlbooster