South Pittsburg 2012

Roy Dillard

After todays mess, Grider better have our boys in the weight room come Monday. I went through my Murphy Fair book on my way home and crossed out the seniors. Grider has our passer and our runners coming back next year. That Stone boy, Johnson boy, and Lankford boy need to get their ankle weights on Monday and start lifting weights so they will be real fast and strong for next year. Grider better find some blockers for next year. Alot of our blockers are graduating. Grider needs to show them this mess that happened today everyday to make them real mad for next year. You think im joking but im not.

• Upvote 1

After todays mess, Grider better have our boys in the weight room come Monday. I went through my Murphy Fair book on my way home and crossed out the seniors. Grider has our passer and our runners coming back next year. That Stone boy, Johnson boy, and Lankford boy need to get their ankle weights on Monday and start lifting weights so they will be real fast and strong for next year. Grider better find some blockers for next year. Alot of our blockers are graduating. Grider needs to show them this mess that happened today everyday to make them real mad for next year. You think im joking but im not.

Mr. Coach Grider kneeds to take sum time this off seasun to re eevaluwait his Head manager position. We had sum thangs geaux wrong two-day and know wear wuz it more evedented than wit hour managers. Rest ashured that Mr. Coach Grider will bee getn moar hihe lite reals from me showcasing mi skills four hiz con sitterrayshun.

Edited by RoyDillardJr
  • Upvote 2

Roy,I'm real sorry that those boys season is over,but they played in the last game anyhow.I hope Grider has some more boys big and strong enough to nock holes for that Johnson or Lankford boy to run through so you wont have to be real mad next year.Maybe if they wear ankle weights all summer they'll get strong enough to nock a hole for each other.I'm real glad you read out of your Murphy Fair book and gave your synopsis on all Griders games this year because I didn't get to buy one.You may think I'm joking,but I'm really not.I hope your not real mad at powerp because he made that Rice mans team mad and they played real good,I think they were going to play good anyway.

Roy, I read one time about a feller named Milo from Kroton. His daddy give him a baby bull calf when the boy was young. One day the daddy asked to see the calf. Milo run out and lifte up the baby calf and carried it in to show his daddy. His daddy then asked about the calf every day and as the calf got bigger, Milo got stronger and bigger. Do you reckon those Wayne County boys have been doing this? I think there are lots of farms in Wayne County and probably lots of baby calves.

Someone brought this up and I wanted to touch on it

Bigtime games SP has played in where talent level was close to the same:

Overall Record 16-19 = 45% winning percentage(Take away Mckenzie, Moore County and JB) which were no where close to us and it's 13-19 = 37% winning percentage

1998 Trousdale -Loss (Losing with E Moore)

1999- Boyd -Wx2 ; Courtland,AL - W; Trousdale - W ;Moore Co - W(Undefeated season)

2001 - MC-L ; Cloudland - L

2003 - Boyd - Lx2

2004 - MC - L (Hailmary)

2005 - MC - L (failed 2 pt) Gordonsville - L

2006- Temple - L ; Friendship or Gordonsville - L (can't remember which)

2007- Tyner - W; Friendship - W ;(Mckenzie - W)

2008-Tyner -W ; Boyd - W; Trousdale - L

2009- Signal -W; Polk - L; Boyd - L; Union City - L

2010 - Signal - L; Polk - L; Gordonsville - W; JB -W

2011- Signal -L; Polk - W; Boyd - W; GCA - L ; Gordonsville - W; Wayne County - L

I won't say I could do better because I'm no coach but the numbers done lie

This is crazy.

A record like Grider has, and it seems some are asking for a coaching change. It doesn't make sense to me.

If that is what they are saying, they need to get their collective heads out of their collective arses. The games that individual posted had some close games that were lost and most of them had some poor execution by the players at time that lead to dropped balls, unforced fumbles etc. My the coaches need to take video games and such away from the players. Phil Beene wouldn't even let his boys drink Coca Cola or go on dates.

Yesterday, the lake of a kicking game bit us. SP has been flirting with that for nearly 4 years. We started out on the 15, 12 and 1 on the initial drives while they are on the 35, 37, 47. That starts adding up, especially against a ball control team. They need a kid to make kicking his purpose including kick off, P.A.T. and field goals. Punting wouldn't hurt either.

Ouch! Valid points...We have had players fall flat in some of those big games so it all doesn't fall on coaching however that is eye opening....Truth Hurts indeed...I think every pirate fan is wanting to blame someone but we do lose alot of bigtime games but that comes with the territory of being a bigtime program....

We will have another great run next year....Like I stated many times we aren't going away anytime...4 out of 5 years we have made it...Winning twice...It hurts but in the next several years we will be adding other Gold balls while others are still talking about 09 and 11....