South Pittsburg 2012

Roy Dillard

This is crazy.

A record like Grider has, and it seems some are asking for a coaching change. It doesn't make sense to me.

Hey Croz, the ones suggesting a change are probably the ones who always leave with 8 minutes left on the clock in the 4th qt.Win or loose it is done as a team and that includes the coaches and players.Defeat is always harder to accept than victory and it is always easier to point the finger,but I bet this group of seniors would rather play for Vic than any other coach.This group of seniors with Grider has put 2 silver balls and one gold ball in the cabinet at SPHS and it didn't just happen by accident.

With all that said I would like to give a shout out to my son Coltin Blevins(aka BIG 50)as I refer to him,I am proud of all of your accomplishments and achievements on the field and off the field!!

Your Dad and also your "Biggest Fan"

Always put God first and everything else is easy!!

Crossbones, your boy was a good player for the pirates for the past 3 seasons. You should be proud of his accomplishments. We all would have liked for this year to end with the gold, but it wasn't in the plans. Going to the state finals 3 straight seasons is something alot of kids would only dream.

As for 2012 according to steamroller, we are apparently getting some key personnel changes. I assume he thinks SP is getting a change in leadership. I havent heard anything about Coach Grider giving it up and I wouldn't expect that to happen next season. The 2012 team returns some key ingredients to hopefully have a fighting chance. The last stat totals I saw were in the paper this past week. Unless my calculations are wrong then Lankford finished with over 2200 yards rushing. Johnson had probably 1300 yards rushing, Stone had close to 1700 yards passing and over 600 yards rushing. Again, I am just going on what I saw in different news articles last week plus whatever they got on Friday. I believe Traintracks was close with his estimate of total offense returning. That is around 5800 yards of offense returning next season. They will all be a year older so that should help. Hopefully the pirates will develop a couple of young linemen to come along next season and help them make another run.

I hope Grider told our boys to rest up this weekend, cause its time to start lifting weights tomorrow. Grider better get that durn strength coach to make those boys start lifting weights tomorrow. I garuntee you that Marshall man and that Rice man will start lifting weights tomorrow. If we get behind like Grider did last year, we will get beat again. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, you know that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) won't let yer boys start liftin' for 21 days from Friday. If he finds out Grider has them boys in the weight room tomorrow, he will come make them empty out ther lockers and might not let them practice til summer. Coach Grider better not make that Childress boy mad.

I cant even think about next season so soon. I would think it will take atleast until the new year to turn focus to 2012. Guys are still hurting and we lost alot and next season is a loong time away so until Spring everything is pure speculation as to what we would even look like. I know this JR class is thin but they will have a chance to shut up any doubters and put to rest the PBurg wall crazies. Im sure there will be chatter of potentially guys leaving to go to North Jackson or somewhere else. You will hear others saying Grider should retire or something else dumb. You cant make everyone happy.

As far as some of these other post by Sherlock Holmes and Watson. Well threads like these are why most normal people dont even get on here. Being popular on here is like sitting at the cool table at a mental hospital

Bahahahaha..........that's a big swing and a miss, JUNIOR! You may want to get a better spy gear detective kit .Lets face is cupcake.....You are getting STEAMROLLED. THAT IS ALL! BAHAHAHAHA! :roflolk:

SteamRolled?!? Lol hey now that's kinda catchy...You have learned well young padone...I didnt miss anything Junior!! Lol that's really funny coming from you...There can only be one me and I love being me....Your more than welcome to spout off and "ACT" like you know what your talking about though! You will even fool some on here but I know your true colors... ;) lol do work sweetcheeks

PS maybe u think I care to argue but in reality I don't care who coaches or who plays where next year as long as we win....Keep swinging mini me keep swinging

I cant even think about next season so soon. I would think it will take atleast until the new year to turn focus to 2012. Guys are still hurting and we lost alot and next season is a loong time away so until Spring everything is pure speculation as to what we would even look like. I know this JR class is thin but they will have a chance to shut up any doubters and put to rest the PBurg wall crazies. Im sure there will be chatter of potentially guys leaving to go to North Jackson or somewhere else. You will hear others saying Grider should retire or something else dumb. You cant make everyone happy.

As far as some of these other post by Sherlock Holmes and Watson. Well threads like these are why most normal people dont even get on here. Being popular on here is like sitting at the cool table at a mental hospital

Haha 1 mini me is no def Watson to me and I'm no Holmes well.....Well maybe John but not Sherlock anyways :roflolk: ...Your right about being popular on here though...It takes alot to be as popular as me and Roy....Everybody loves Roy!! Everybody hates me.....I'm good with that but what really gets them going is when we are both right :thumb:

Come around more often! U may learn a thing or two ;)

Haha 1 mini me is no def Watson to me and I'm no Holmes well.....Well maybe John but not Sherlock anyways :roflolk: ...Your right about being popular on here though...It takes alot to be as popular as me and Roy....Everybody loves Roy!! Everybody hates me.....I'm good with that but what really gets them going is when we are both right :thumb:

I don't always agree with you TT,or Roy for that matter but I do have a LOT of respect for you both(and most of the other South Pitt. posters) because you are realists,at least as far as football fans can be.No excuses when y'all lose,maybe explain where the problems lie,as you know the program pretty well,but are consistant in congratulating the better team on that day.I can only imagine the program that I support building half the tradition that you guys enjoy,so bask in the glow,you'll be back year in and year out,and once in a while someone will have that "magic" combination and S.P. will lose, just don't forget to enjoy the ride...some of us would love to see our kids raise that silver ball.Congrats again on a great season and I'll be pullin' from the western part of the state for y'all to be back in Cookeville in 2012. :thumb:

I don't always agree with you TT,or Roy for that matter but I do have a LOT of respect for you both(and most of the other South Pitt. posters) because you are realists,at least as far as football fans can be.No excuses when y'all lose,maybe explain where the problems lie,as you know the program pretty well,but are consistant in congratulating the better team on that day.I can only imagine the program that I support building half the tradition that you guys enjoy,so bask in the glow,you'll be back year in and year out,and once in a while someone will have that "magic" combination and S.P. will lose, just don't forget to enjoy the ride...some of us would love to see our kids raise that silver ball.Congrats again on a great season and I'll be pullin' from the western part of the state for y'all to be back in Cookeville in 2012. :thumb:

Thanks TraderTwo...We have alot of good fans but others can be delerious at times but it comes with the territory down there..They will be back

Edited by TrainTracks99

The Goat sez; John's early work was ok, I'm not so much a fan of the later stuff. I guess those scenes with women was just "acting." :rolleyes:

Nothing to hang your heads about Pirates. Great season for you all. The silver ball is a fine season. Wayne County was just the much better team all the way around. One question for you that are in the know at South Pitt. Where will you get the linemen from for next season? I am the Watch Dog and I will be watching what kind of line play you all will get for 2012.

They have several younger linemen that will be counted on to step up. The two returning linemen that started most of this season are Fehr and Collier. Fehr will be a junior and Collier a senior. They need to get Chance back out next season as well. Also several of the Mitchell boys need to step up and help out with the line play. I think the key to next season is developing 3-4 linemen. That will be the key to how far next years team can go. Having the qb and rbs returning will be big if the line comes along.

Wasn't those years in 70's 2A? I knew you guys went several times in early 70's but I thought you didn't move to 1A until early 90's...Alcoa went 2-3 years in 70's as well...Regardless we still have more silver balls :)

Technically, it was A, AA and AAA until after 1992 which is a big difference than the current 2a. Alcoa was always one of the larger A schools. Their line always looked a lot like our O line the past 2 years regarding size and speed. Ask Bo Haden and Tim Moore.

SP needs to develop a kick off kicker and work on punts and P.A.T. That is what bit this team in the rear this year. It translated into very good field position for W.C. and on the flip said we started out on the 15, 12 and 1 the first 3 possessions. This as been a big problem since the very beginning of the 2009 season.