South Pittsburg 2012

Roy Dillard

t.t. harper would have never said something like that. :roflol:

btw, tracks, i stand corrected. t.t. wasn't a finalist for 3a mr. football. :oops:

I never thought he was or atleast didn't remember him being anyways...He was a great player don't get me wrong....I can only hope that was fabricated...SP's winning has taken a backseat to ego's in the past and if this is happening this early in his career it will only get worse...Like I said I hope it was fabricated

Just wondering how yal think we would have faired vs Boyd,FCS,TC this year? Not looking for bighead or nothing but someone said earlier they thought 1A could compete in 2A and yal play or know more about the 2a "powers". Again just wondering

If Wayne played Flawless like they did against SP then they could play with anyone in 2A....Not 3A as CAK would throw all over them...Alcoa's defense is too solid for the Veer...Speed is the only thing they lacked this year and it was just young...TC defense would've shut down the veer too...SP's 3-4/3-5 isn't great for a veer or power running offense...Why coaches are too dumb to not have another set is beyond me and any other fan that has watched them play

Like I said they played great in state but it would be hard to play turnover free and sustain drives like that for several games in a row...People tend to forget but SP had only two offensive possessions in the 2nd half...Really only 6 for the entire game...That's tough but it was Wayne County game plan and they perfected it to a T

Edited by TrainTracks99

If Wayne played Flawless like they did against SP then they could play with anyone in 2A....Not 3A as CAK would throw all over them...Alcoa's defense is too solid for the Veer...Speed is the only thing they lacked this year and it was just young...TC defense would've shut down the veer too...SP's 3-4/3-5 isn't great for a veer or power running offense...Why coaches are too dumb to not have another set is beyond me and any other fan that has watched them play

That was my thinking too. After watching CAK play was very impressed but most of the time 1A will not play with good 3A teams. Dont know much about TC,BB,FCS and others in east,knew yal beat BB but know just because yal beat them and we beat yal doesnt mean we beat them. Appreciate the post, guess I got to much time on my hands now...lol

I never thought he was or atleast didn't remember him being anyways...He was a great player don't get me wrong....I can only hope that was fabricated...SP's winning has taken a backseat to ego's in the past and if this is happening this early in his career it will only get worse...Like I said I hope it was fabricated

yeah, he wasn't a finalist, he actually won it in 2002. roflol.gif

My link

Edited by snoball5278

That was my thinking too. After watching CAK play was very impressed but most of the time 1A will not play with good 3A teams. Dont know much about TC,BB,FCS and others in east,knew yal beat BB but know just because yal beat them and we beat yal doesnt mean we beat them. Appreciate the post, guess I got to much time on my hands now...lol

Wayne and Boyd would be a knock down drag out..Boyd is very disciplined on defense...Wayne could've beaten them if they played lights out like they did against us but would have to rely on more than the Veer to move the ball...Friendship too but no I can't see Wayne beating Trousdale honestly but u never know

• Upvote 1

Like I said they played great in state but it would be hard to play turnover free and sustain drives like that for several games in a row...People tend to forget but SP had only two offensive possessions in the 2nd half...Really only 6 for the entire game...That's tough but it was Wayne County game plan and they perfected it to a T

great post. thumb[1].gif

Wayne and Boyd would be a knock down drag out..Boyd is very disciplined on defense...Wayne could've beaten them if they played lights out like they did against us but would have to rely on more than the Veer to move the ball...Friendship too but no I can't see Wayne beating Trousdale honestly but u never know

+1! thumb[1].gif

yeah, he wasn't a finalist, he actually won it in 2002. roflol.gif

My link

Still didn't think he was as good as Hale last year...Sorry...Jones and Robinson is debatable as they fed off each other... I think David Jones would have had every bit the type of season Hale had if we were in a spread offense in 2008...He wasn't a bruising back like Robinson but much better in space...Just think TT wasn't that great like u make him out to be...I feel like he was in line with a TON of other wings you guys have had but he just got fed the ball because you didn't have as much around him...

Go back and watch the film TT....SP didn't play no 3-4/3-5 against WC. Most times they had 4 def linemen, and had 9 in the box most of the day.

CAK would have been a touch matchup for either SP or WC, however I think both teams could have beat Milan and FCS and I think SP or WC would have mercy ruled Dresden. Some great football in 1A!

Edited by hooplove

Go back and watch the film TT....SP didn't play no 3-4/3-5 against WC. Most times they had 4 def linemen, and had 9 in the box most of the day.

CAK would have been a touch matchup for either SP or WC, however I think both teams could have beat Milan and FCS and I think SP or WC would have mercy ruled Dresden. Some great football in 1A!

But then again, CAK got taken down by GCA. The real problem with SP was poor field position due to not being able to consistently kick the ball deep. Let the other team start on the 35, 47 and midfield all day and it doesn't matter if it is the split veer, power I or offset I. SP has relied on the big play all year to dig themselves out of starting out pinned deep.