South Pittsburg 2012

Roy Dillard

Go back and watch the film TT....SP didn't play no 3-4/3-5 against WC. Most times they had 4 def linemen, and had 9 in the box most of the day.

CAK would have been a touch matchup for either SP or WC, however I think both teams could have beat Milan and FCS and I think SP or WC would have mercy ruled Dresden. Some great football in 1A!

Lol I don't need film as I was there! Perhaps u should look again! SP played 3-5 defense and walked up linebackers and had 8 in the box...Not 9 as u claim...They had 2 corners and safety over the top...They have ran the same style defense for 3 years and rely on blitzing gaps...If a team is fundamentally sound and solid at what they do it causes problems against that defense....ANY team that has gave us fits fits into this category...Thanks for "trying" to correct me though :thumb:

Lol 5-6 years?!? What!!!! Lol we will be without a doubt one of the top 3-4 teams these next two years...No question about it..Sit back and relax...2013 we will b LOADED with about 7-8 SRs on each side of ball

Lol. Let him be suprised. Its better to expect nothing. Im sure PowerP will have him thinking differntly before the season starts though. I thought next year was really going to be a good year with Stone & the backfield coming back. I know we have to replace some people but still. Those 2 guys if healthy will run all over 1A.

Edited by NoCompetition2

From what I have heard, he did have a lingering injury but it was minor. And from watching his 8 carries, he ran like he was fine... I also talked to a couple of players, and they said he was very upset that he wasn't getting the opportunity he thought he deserved. So upset that talks of North Jackson came out of his mouth...

I find this very hard to believe. You never know what people can say in the heat of the moment, but this kid is one of the best discipline wise that SP has from what I hear.

But then again, CAK got taken down by GCA. The real problem with SP was poor field position due to not being able to consistently kick the ball deep. Let the other team start on the 35, 47 and midfield all day and it doesn't matter if it is the split veer, power I or offset I. SP has relied on the big play all year to dig themselves out of starting out pinned deep.

Yeah, wasn't saying that SP or WC couldn't win against CAK, cause I think they would both play them tough, just think it would be a heck of a battle....CAK's air attack and WC/SP's run attack.

And yeah, field position was a major factor in this game....WC's kick-off/kick-off return teams were really good.

But then again, CAK got taken down by GCA. The real problem with SP was poor field position due to not being able to consistently kick the ball deep. Let the other team start on the 35, 47 and midfield all day and it doesn't matter if it is the split veer, power I or offset I. SP has relied on the big play all year to dig themselves out of starting out pinned deep.

The lack off kicking game is a joke...That falls on coaching...Get someone to do nothing but kick...It's pitiful that it's not made a priority...U nailed it on the head about SP's offense as alot of teams that make SP drive the ball just had to sit back and wait until they imploded...Silly penalties like holding calls,false starts, dropping passes, bad snaps and dropping snaps or fumbling....Details and dialing in and focusing was at times the culprit for our offense and why it sputtered at times....Defensively our gameplay is great against lesser talented teams but teams that are remotely close to us in talent moved the ball successfully by just playing fundamentally sound power football in big games....I just don't see why it would be difficult to play 4-3 some and have some flexibility on defense like we do with offense....We have a TON of offensive sets but not nearly as much flexibility on defense

Lol I don't need film as I was there! Perhaps u should look again! SP played 3-5 defense and walked up linebackers and had 8 in the box...Not 9 as u claim...They had 2 corners and safety over the top...They have ran the same style defense for 3 years and rely on blitzing gaps...If a team is fundamentally sound and solid at what they do it causes problems against that defense....ANY team that has gave us fits fits into this category...Thanks for "trying" to correct me though :thumb:

Oh ok I guess you would tell Andy Kelly, who played for QB for TN and in the NFL that he's an idiot too cause he said, "SP's playing with 9 guys in the box!" ('m pretty sure Andy K can read a defense! You REALLY need to go back and watch the film as I have twice! They were NOT in a 3-5 all day there buddy!! They had 9 guys in the box!! What a arrogant idiot you are!

Guest Purplepastry

WOW!!!!If he starts saying North Jackson after playing in 2 state championships and a Me Football Finalist as a Soph then BYE BYE and good riddance....Nobody is above the program and if he is that immature and selfish then we don't need him.....I refuse to believe he would think that or do that...Sky is the limit for him but he needs to chiggity check hisself before he wrecks hisself

probably just homesick.

Guest Purplepastry

Oh ok I guess you would tell Andy Kelly, who played for QB for TN and in the NFL that he's an idiot too cause he said, "SP's playing with 9 guys in the box!" ('m pretty sure Andy K can read a defense! You REALLY need to go back and watch the film as I have twice! They were NOT in a 3-5 all day there buddy!! They had 9 guys in the box!! What a arrogant idiot you are!

It is a waste of time to talk real football with Braintracks. All he knows he learns on here.

Not that it matters, but SP played a base 3 front defense with different looks the entire time.

Your right, it don't matter. I understand there's a lot of different looks you can get out of whatever you call your base D, but it don't matter what you call it....if you've got 3 down lineman, 2 defensive ends, 3 backers, and a corner within 2 feet of the line of scrimmage, then you've got 9 guys in the box. I've got a screen shot to prove it, but can't figure out how to post the stupid thing on here.

Edited by hooplove