South Pittsburg 2012

Roy Dillard

This is crazy.

A record like Grider has, and it seems some are asking for a coaching change. It doesn't make sense to me.

J agree with you croz to a point seems like its never good enough huh, but will also say that this expectation by fans,coaches and players is part of what makes South Pitt well SOUTH PITT. WC was the better team yesterday but SP had a chance in the 4th to pull it out because nobody on their sideline expected to lose. The mentality that a bunch has has alot to do with the way they play but sometimes you loose to a better team and just have to accept it! Yesterday was one of those days and it wasnt the coaches fault. I take my hat off to SP for what they have accomplished over the years and hope they are proud of it but dont turn on coach that has done so much.

P.S. think there are a couple of programs headed in SP's direction and G'ville one of them

J agree with you croz to a point seems like its never good enough huh, but will also say that this expectation by fans,coaches and players is part of what makes South Pitt well SOUTH PITT. WC was the better team yesterday but SP had a chance in the 4th to pull it out because nobody on their sideline expected to lose. The mentality that a bunch has has alot to do with the way they play but sometimes you loose to a better team and just have to accept it! Yesterday was one of those days and it wasnt the coaches fault. I take my hat off to SP for what they have accomplished over the years and hope they are proud of it but dont turn on coach that has done so much.

P.S. think there are a couple of programs headed in SP's direction and G'ville one of them

Yeah Wayne was yesterday...They had a much better game plan than us and flat out hit us in the mouth something only Signal was able to do consistantly for a whole game...Props to them on a special season...Our own worst enemy yesterday outside of 21 running was still untimely mistakes...It would've been nice to see us score and knot it up but it wasn't meant to be....Those kids will always wonder what if but they went 3 straight years which is something nobody at SP or in 1A can claim outside of Boyd 02,03,04

GVille is a great program but they have 6 generations before they can catch SP....We don't win everytime 5 out of 10 but we have been 10 times 69,74,85,86,94,99,07,09,10,11

That is pretty special and something even the mighty Trousdale Yellow Jackets can't match

PS SP and Gville are alone in the east for the next two years or until a small private explodes on the season...I look forward to playing UC and Wayne again someday

Edited by TrainTracks99

GVille is a great program but they have 6 generations before they can catch SP....We don't win everytime 5 out of 10 but we have been 10 times 69,74,85,86,94,99,07,09,10,11

That is pretty special and something even the mighty Trousdale Yellow Jackets can't match

PS SP and Gville are alone in the east for the next two years or until a small private explodes on the season...I look forward to playing UC and Wayne again someday

Thanks TT if that were to happen WC would like to play you again also. You never know could happen sooner than later and will add WC still has repect for SP

Thanks TT if that were to happen WC would like to play you again also. You never know could happen sooner than later and will add WC still has repect for SP

Lol no problem...You guys should be proud of your guys! You could tell they played well togther as a TEAM...Its something I wish our teams could do every year but winning alot spoils everyone...I can be arrogant and a butthole as well as annoying but I call it like it is....SP fans even hate me most of the time and that's fine but somebody has to walk the path...

Ps in no way I'm I saying this SP didn't yesterday but we struggled at times this season as well as past seasons

Edited by TrainTracks99

Yeah Wayne was yesterday...They had a much better game plan than us and flat out hit us in the mouth something only Signal was able to do consistantly for a whole game...Props to them on a special season...Our own worst enemy yesterday outside of 21 running was still untimely mistakes...It would've been nice to see us score and knot it up but it wasn't meant to be....Those kids will always wonder what if but they went 3 straight years which is something nobody at SP or in 1A can claim outside of Boyd 02,03,04

tc championship appearances. 22(g),72(g),73(s),74(s),75(s),90(g),93(g),97(g),98(g),05(g),08(g),09(g). we don't win every time, 9 out of 12. but we have been 12 times. that wasn't hard to match. roflolk.gif

i know, rlh, t$$aa wasn't around in 1922, therefore we can't prove that football or the state of tennessee actually existed in 1922. roflolk.gif

Edited by snoball5278

Even though it was a disappointing ending, the Pirates still had a great season. I heard someone say it is not a season to remember unless you win it all...but I don't always believe it. My senior year, we played Trousdale County for the first time and lost in the semi-finals. That was a heart breaking loss, but paved the way for the 1994 state run. Sometimes you just have to take some knocks when you climb to the top so to speak. If you look at the program since then, the Pirates usually endure a tough loss in the playoffs before an eventual state championship year. I am not going to predict that now, but I see the Pirates having another successful year next year once some holes are filled this coming spring. The Pirates will be a force again and should have a deep playoff run again. They just need to get in that weight room, work hard, and come out hungry and ready to play some football in August 2012.

• Upvote 1

Even though it was a disappointing ending, the Pirates still had a great season. I heard someone say it is not a season to remember unless you win it all...but I don't always believe it. My senior year, we played Trousdale County for the first time and lost in the semi-finals. That was a heart breaking loss, but paved the way for the 1994 state run. Sometimes you just have to take some knocks when you climb to the top so to speak. If you look at the program since then, the Pirates usually endure a tough loss in the playoffs before an eventual state championship year. I am not going to predict that now, but I see the Pirates having another successful year next year once some holes are filled this coming spring. The Pirates will be a force again and should have a deep playoff run again. They just need to get in that weight room, work hard, and come out hungry and ready to play some football in August 2012.

+1 great post. thumb[1].gif

Edited by snoball5278

Lol no problem...You guys should be proud of your guys! You could tell they played well togther as a TEAM...Its something I wish our teams could do every year but winning alot spoils everyone...I can be arrogant and a butthole as well as annoying but I call it like it is....SP fans even hate me most of the time and that's fine but somebody has to walk the path...

Ps in no way I'm I saying this SP didn't yesterday but we struggled at times this season as well as past seasons

I said earlier in the year that it would be an honor to play SP because of what yall have done as a program,and I have just as much respect for SP today as I did before the game. I hope we get to do it again some day.

tc championship appearances. 22(g),72(g),73(s),74(s),75(s),90(g),93(g),97(g),98(g),05(g),08(g),09(g). we don't win every time, 9 out of 12. but we have been 12 times. that wasn't hard to match. roflolk.gif

i know, rlh, t$$aa wasn't around in 1922, therefore we can't prove that football or the state of tennessee actually existed in 1922.

roflolk.gif

Wasn't those years in 70's 2A? I knew you guys went several times in early 70's but I thought you didn't move to 1A until early 90's...Alcoa went 2-3 years in 70's as well...Regardless we still have more silver balls :)