AA Predictions For Murfreesboro

bballer1

West Tennessee has a very good chance of winning the AA state the regional winner between Dyersburg vs Obion County and Manassas will represent the west and if they dont get paired up before the finals it will be the west takes all in Murfreesboro... 1.Obion County

2.McMinn Central

3.Upperman

4.Manassas

5.Macon County

6.Livingston Academy

7.Dyersburg

8.Grainger

If Dyersburg and Obion Co. both make it to state, they will be placed in opposite brackets. However, if OC or Dyersburg makes it and the other loses to Manassas in sub-state, Manassas and the other team can be placed in the same side of the bracket at the state tournament.

With that being said, West TN does have some very good teams this year. We can't leave out McNairy Central in te West TN discussion either. However, Middle TN is just as loaded as West. Upperman, Macon Co. and McMinn Central can all make a case for themselves as well.

In my opinion, this year AA is wide open. Over the past few years, you've had clear cut favorites to win it... Marshall - Gibson - McMinn Central... this year seems wide open with several very good teams.

If Dyersburg and Obion Co. both make it to state, they will be placed in opposite brackets. However, if OC or Dyersburg makes it and the other loses to Manassas in sub-state, Manassas and the other team can be placed in the same side of the bracket at the state tournament.

With that being said, West TN does have some very good teams this year. We can't leave out McNairy Central in te West TN discussion either. However, Middle TN is just as loaded as West. Upperman, Macon Co. and McMinn Central can all make a case for themselves as well.In my opinion, this year AA is wide open. Over the past few years, you've had clear cut favorites to win it... Marshall - Gibson - McMinn Central... this year seems wide open with several very good teams.

CPA Lady Lions not getting much "love". Record of 21-3 with losses to Brentwood Acad., Ensworth and Lawerence County. Quality wins include Brentwood Acad., FRA and Lipscomb. They might surprise some folks.

Upperman plays in a very tough district with LA, York, Smith County, Dekalb County, and Cannon County. All of those teams are good to average teams and so far they(upperman) has had a dog fight in almost every game against those district teams...So whoever does make it to the state tournament out of this district had to earn it.

Imagine how hard it would be to get out of this district if Jackson County was still in it!

Hey Jimbo i will be at the Upperman/LA game on friday hope to see you there!

Noticing that CPA isn't getting a lot of love at all, however, Grundy County and York aren't as well. It doesn't matter about the regular season. These two teams could represent Region 4 in the sectionals if they play their best ball and others over look them. Don't sleep on Cannon County either. Also, if you can over come two minute possessions and score, Upperman will be in the rear-view mirror. (Hard to do, only happened twice this year.) Watch out for Macon County as well.

Noticing that CPA isn't getting a lot of love at all, however, Grundy County and York aren't as well. It doesn't matter about the regular season. These two teams could represent Region 4 in the sectionals if they play their best ball and others over look them. Don't sleep on Cannon County either. Also, if you can over come two minute possessions and score, Upperman will be in the rear-view mirror. (Hard to do, only happened twice this year.) Watch out for Macon County as well.

Watch out for Covington coming out of West Tennessee, these ladies are capable of giving any team trouble with their athleticism and guard play.

I agree. Covington gave Obion County a scare and I think they are one of the 3 teams to make it farther than regionals. The other being Dyersburg and of course OC.

Eh, I don't agree. Covington is well coached and athletic, no doubt. I don't see them advancing past regionals. Only 2 teams can advance and I believe those 2 teams will be Dyersburg and Obion Co. And from there, I still say Obion Co. and Memphis Manassas advance to the state tournaments to represent the west side of the state.

Rearview mirror? I noticed that LA used that method against York. It burns clock and can get you a layup, if you can get the defence out of position.

Edited by jimbo44

I never said it wasn't smart. Dana knows her team well and knows that she doesn't have a true scoring team. Their strength is definitely defense. No doubt. So offensively, they must slow you down so you don't have the chance to put up the numbers that they can't match. Smart coaching. LA did do the same thing to York last night. Got a lay-up at the end of a 35 second possession. Smart coaching.