2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Interesting question. I can think of three - Phil Beene, Eddie Brown, and Eric Westmoreland who helped UT win a National Championship.

If you want to add Jasper to it, Eddie Brown not only played at UT, but also for the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins and Los Angeles Rams. He also played some in the USFL in the early 80s. For anyone that don't know who Eddie Brown is, ask some of the 68 and 69 Pirates. He was probably one of the few people in the Valley that had a chance at running Wigfall down. When with the Rams, he also played in the Super Bowl in January of 1980.

Phil Beene helped put UT on the map with the Legendary Butt Whipping of Aladambama by Neylands Vols.

Edited by rlh

Old Pirate says some of you youngons knows a little & heard some great grand pappy stories....there was another one from back in the day! Recon some fellers from Jasvegas jest might have to help you skillet heads out....lol

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says some of you youngons knows a little & heard some great grand pappy stories....there was another one from back in the day! Recon some fellers from Jasvegas jest might have to help you skillet heads out....lol

Eddie Baker, and Bill Hall also were at Knoxville. Baker is now a scout with the Falcons if he has not changed teams.

Old Pirate says not Eddie... but Bill Baker...from the early sixties! Yep..some great grand pappys has done a right smart of edd-you-kating a few youngons...best the rest get caught up for it be too late. OP is a rite smart surprised some ain't done and mentioned another... hum...recon OP will let it stew awhile!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

If you want to add Jasper to it, Eddie Brown not only played at UT, but also for the Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins and Los Angeles Rams. He also played some in the USFL in the early 80s. For anyone that don't know who Eddie Brown is, ask some of the 68 and 69 Pirates. He was probably one of the few people in the Valley that had a chance at running Wigfall down. When with the Rams, he also played in the Super Bowl in January of 1980.

Phil Beene helped put UT on the map with the Legendary Butt Whipping of Aladambama by Neylands Vols.

I believe Eddie was the one getting run down in 69! ;)

Edited by team69

RLH, are you going to make any games this year or just be a radio fan again?

I will be making at least 1 game in the regular season and I usually get a couple of playoff games. Last fall I wasn't counting on my dad getting sick and then passing away. Tallahassee is straight down the Georgia/Bama line to Florida. That is a haul.

I will be making at least 1 game in the regular season and I usually get a couple of playoff games. Last fall I wasn't counting on my dad getting sick and then passing away. Tallahassee is straight down the Georgia/Bama line to Florida. That is a haul.

Truly Sorry For Your Loss...RLH...