2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

I hope this team wins every game and breaks records in the process but the deck is stacked against them! Teams dont win championships with just 4-5 Seniors...FACT! Deal with it...That is all

You are right and wrong. The deck is stacked against this team, but some teams with small senior classes have won it all. Those teams are few and far between, but it has happened. Now, the majority of those times it was a little team called Trousdale County that won those titles. This year's team has 7-8 seniors, but only 4-5 play so they have their work cut out to become leaders and lead this team.

You are right and wrong. The deck is stacked against this team, but some teams with small senior classes have won it all. Those teams are few and far between, but it has happened. Now, the majority of those times it was a little team called Trousdale County that won those titles. This year's team has 7-8 seniors, but only 4-5 play so they have their work cut out to become leaders and lead this team.

Lol I will bite my tongue for a moment and just say this.....SP is not TC and second those TC teams your referring to had more than 3-4 SRs starters that played on either offense or defense....Like I said I HOPE this SP team changes its attitude and outlook on how the game should be played...These last few years SP has had talent to win but that doesnt always equal championships! Teams that have Seniors with leadership that doesnt neccessarily care who gets the credit goes a long way...That kinda unity doesnt seem to exist with these kids the last few years....Like I said I hope for the best but I dont see it happening this year

Btw those statements are echoed from those in the know that have been involved with the program for years along with anyone else that actually has paid attention to players body langauge, sideline theatrics,etc these last few years...Fact is SP has had it to easy last few years getting to the top and its obviously made individuals divide...What do I know maybe kids these days just dont care about winning as much but 10-15 years nobody remembers who all made all state or lead team in rushing or this and that....People remember Champions and nothing else...Thats just the way it is in sports especially football...That is all

Btw those statements are echoed from those in the know that have been involved with the program for years along with anyone else that actually has paid attention to players body langauge, sideline theatrics,etc these last few years...Fact is SP has had it to easy last few years getting to the top and its obviously made individuals divide...What do I know maybe kids these days just dont care about winning as much but 10-15 years nobody remembers who all made all state or lead team in rushing or this and that....People remember Champions and nothing else...Thats just the way it is in sports especially football...That is all

There is definitely a generational aspect. These kids come from Generation Y and are a totally different breed. Coaches have to learn different methods to connect with them and get them to work as a team, rather than a group of individuals. Age old dilemma, but old methods of coaching won't work with these kids.

There is definitely a generational aspect. These kids come from Generation Y and are a totally different breed. Coaches have to learn different methods to connect with them and get them to work as a team, rather than a group of individuals. Age old dilemma, but old methods of coaching won't work with these kids.

Hmmm...Maybe Bonfires And Hooch, Should Be The Approach? :roflolk:

• Upvote 1

Lol I will bite my tongue for a moment and just say this.....SP is not TC and second those TC teams your referring to had more than 3-4 SRs starters that played on either offense or defense....Like I said I HOPE this SP team changes its attitude and outlook on how the game should be played...These last few years SP has had talent to win but that doesnt always equal championships! Teams that have Seniors with leadership that doesnt neccessarily care who gets the credit goes a long way...That kinda unity doesnt seem to exist with these kids the last few years....Like I said I hope for the best but I dont see it happening this year

TT, sometimes you come across as just being bitter for some reason. As if your class didn't achive all that you expected or hoped for, and now you have to downplay every upcoming class as being spoiled and not having the leaders needed to get the job done. South Pittsburg Football is fun to follow and I for one just watching them compete and watching how each year the dynamics are different based on the personalities of that particular class. Just sit back and have fun. Afterall it's only high school football.
  • Upvote 1

TT, sometimes you come across as just being bitter for some reason. As if your class didn't achive all that you expected or hoped for, and now you have to downplay every upcoming class as being spoiled and not having the leaders needed to get the job done. South Pittsburg Football is fun to follow and I for one just watching them compete and watching how each year the dynamics are different based on the personalities of that particular class. Just sit back and have fun. Afterall it's only high school football.

Touche! :roflolk:

. . . South Pittsburg Football is fun to follow and I for one just watching them compete and watching how each year the dynamics are different based on the personalities of that particular class. Just sit back and have fun. Afterall it's only high school football.

Those are words of wisdom!

Edited by rlh

Bitter? Lol well yeah to a degree that my team didnt win it but thats where it ends...My life doesnt flow with how my former school does though BP...I want SP to win it every year and that will never change...If u dont like the truth that I speak then DONT READ...Lol its really that easy...Im not losing sleep either way! I dont get to make it to every game like some but if you dont see issues these past years with players mouthing, finger pointing and bickering within each other on sidelines then you are freaking blind. I enjoy sitting back and watching or hearing about the outcome just like everyone else. I think SP should win talent wise atleast 9 games in regular season this year but if the mindset hasnt changed much from last few years they will implode from within with having so many JR players being counted on this year...Thats why I say 7 wins 8 at most during season is ceiling this year! I hope Im wrong...Cheers and beers! That is all

Troll you are right about generation Y and I 110% agree