2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

TT you are simply bringing out the truth. I like that. Time will tell. Btw if things go bad early in the season it could be difficult to recover without senior leadership. good luck

What is the truth he is bringing out? It is hard to win with small senior classes, but hopefully this class can lead the team to a decent season.

Works for me! rasta.gif

Gotta have some fun. 8942.gif

You have a way of keeping it light and by that you keep us from telling TTracks what we really think of his opinions!! Looking forward to this season and you guys coming down to the pit. Maybe I can introduce you to the goat man this year, if you'll bring the Monkey!!!

After all, in the words of a very wise man, it's only high school football. redthumb.gif

Let me ask you a question. I was down at Foodland yesterday and some man told me that Grider has gotten us a game with some team in Atlanta and their coach was a runner in the SEC and the NFL. What kind of mess is this? Grider did not play in the SEC, he was only a manager. I looked at that team picture and I garuntee you they got some boys that can run real fast and a few big ole boys that can nock a hole. That Edwards man down their can teach them to run like he did in the SEC and NFL. Let me ask you another quesiton. Is Grider going to be at this game or does he have that fall softball practice that week? If not, who is he going to get to coach our team? If Grider loses this game that he thinks is going to be real easy, it could cost us going to the durn playoffs. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, ran into powerp and he was making them little boys he is coaching run around a bunch of them yellow cones that he borrowed from the city, and he said he is about ready to make some predictions about this season.

TT, sometimes you come across as just being bitter for some reason. As if your class didn't achive all that you expected or hoped for, and now you have to downplay every upcoming class as being spoiled and not having the leaders needed to get the job done. South Pittsburg Football is fun to follow and I for one just watching them compete and watching how each year the dynamics are different based on the personalities of that particular class. Just sit back and have fun. Afterall it's only high school football.

Old Pirate says it's a waste of time responding. Bitter is an understatement and is easily seen by others. Recon this team is like all the others before & all the teams to follow until they take the field and are battle tested we can only speculate! Too much praise & negativity can have an effect on the season.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

You people are funny...Like a bunch of little babies needing their poopy diapers changed....This is a football message board...People state some factual statements while others like to talk about red bulls, fudegrounds and skillets....I said that I hoped we won them all...Who knows maybe we will! We sure have the talent to do so but since 2005-2006 many of our teams cared more about individual glory and records more so than winning as a TEAM...Its easy to do when u have alot of success...Last years team overcame more than any team injury wise but at the end of the season were beaten by a team that played together better..Thats why having alot of Seniors starting helps...We had more overall talent and speed and still lost! Gville will be alot like that this year....SP can win talent wise against them all if they get the SR's they have to play BIG roles and lead them...I just think they are a year away....Cry me a river

OP u of all people get on here and talk non stop about others pumping past teams up early on so much before they deserved it, yet u dont like it when someone states a more maybe they can but wait and see approach....Thats funny...Some of the SP people on here are truely entertaining

TT you are simply bringing out the truth. I like that. Time will tell. Btw if things go bad early in the season it could be difficult to recover without senior leadership. good luck

There is a difference between fact and opinion. Spouting opinion as fact doesn't make them facts. At this point, every thing is speculation and predictions.

You people are funny...Like a bunch of little babies needing their poopy diapers changed....This is a football message board...People state some factual statements while others like to talk about red bulls, fudegrounds and skillets....I said that I hoped we won them all...Who knows maybe we will! We sure have the talent to do so but since 2005-2006 many of our teams cared more about individual glory and records more so than winning as a TEAM...Its easy to do when u have alot of success...Last years team overcame more than any team injury wise but at the end of the season were beaten by a team that played together better..Thats why having alot of Seniors starting helps...We had more overall talent and speed and still lost! Gville will be alot like that this year....SP can win talent wise against them all if they get the SR's they have to play BIG roles and lead them...I just think they are a year away....Cry me a river

OP u of all people get on here and talk non stop about others pumping past teams up early on so much before they deserved it, yet u dont like it when someone states a more maybe they can but wait and see approach....Thats funny...Some of the SP people on here are truely entertaining

Teamwork

Edited by wildcatpride70
  • Upvote 1

I never said there wouldnt be any SR leadership just dont think there is enough to bring home the gold...SP lost ALOT last year..They will be just as strong offensively but weaker on D...As far as early season struggles go, outside of Signal in the words of NoComp there is NoCompetition..I believe my thoughts and your hopes arent the same...SP will likely mercy rule the other 6 of 7 on the schedule

There is a difference between fact and opinion. Spouting opinion as fact doesn't make them facts. At this point, every thing is speculation and predictions.

Over the last few years Ive seen it, fans have seen it, opponents have seen it as well as talk about it, coaches have been heard saying it and film shows it.....Its not a opinion that at times SP has struggled with team Unity game in and out and sometimes are their own worst enemy last few years...Hopefully this years Sr's and Jr's put in the work and make a run

The consistent point Old Pirate attempts to make is this. This team like all others that were hit heavy by graduation is nobody.........knows how this team will respond. Teams of yester year proved teams that return majority of starters don't have the chemistry to be successful, most noticeable to OP was the 64 team. SP folkes generally have high expectations every year & the youngons are taught at an early age to expect to be successful. It is often the case individuals point fingers but until this unknown team & chemistry has had an opportunity to even practice together it is unfair to this team. OP posted early in this thread from looking at the names the Pirates aren't destitute. TT to talk about the players on this team pointing fingers & are openingly critical of them yet you point fingers still......at your former teammates & coaches for falling short. Hopefully this team will not have players that point fingers some 12-14 years later like you. That is all, venom served, don't like what OP posts DON'T READ, either way OP won't lose sleep. BTW, the 98 team is a fan favorite & it pains SP fans to think about it coming up short. Yes the 98 team would beat this team so there is something that will perhaps help your pain! Dad burnit, OP jest knows you ain't reading OP's posts anyhow, figure you do as you tell others to do! LOPAO! It's all good.....

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Wow! Im not pointing fingers Mr Sensitive...As far as when I played ANY player and most fans will agree we got outfoxed..I've never pointed fingers at individual players on my team and to say so is a lie...As far as this year I said hopefully they wont be like the last few years...U obviously just like to argue no matter what the topic...Venom lol thats cute!

U remind me of a older version of Allen from the movie "The Hangover"

Edited by TrainTracks99