2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Let me ask you a question. I was down at Foodland yesterday and some man told me that Grider has gotten us a game with some team in Atlanta and their coach was a runner in the SEC and the NFL. What kind of mess is this? Grider did not play in the SEC, he was only a manager. I looked at that team picture and I garuntee you they got some boys that can run real fast and a few big ole boys that can nock a hole. That Edwards man down their can teach them to run like he did in the SEC and NFL. Let me ask you another quesiton. Is Grider going to be at this game or does he have that fall softball practice that week? If not, who is he going to get to coach our team? If Grider loses this game that he thinks is going to be real easy, it could cost us going to the durn playoffs. You think im joking but im not.

Wow! SP is searching high and low for games if they gotta dig up some team from Atlanta! After looking at the website it was probably a smart choice...Small team in numbers with some speed it looks like but based on their games from last year it looks like a offensive league with no defense played...I have to agree will be a W come whatever week we play but you never know about a team like them...Doesnt mean anything with a team this young but pretty cool they get a chance to play a Ga team. 7 wins is still the ceiling for this team come regular season....That is all

Let me ask you a question. I was down at Foodland yesterday and some man told me that Grider has gotten us a game with some team in Atlanta and their coach was a runner in the SEC and the NFL. What kind of mess is this? Grider did not play in the SEC, he was only a manager. I looked at that team picture and I garuntee you they got some boys that can run real fast and a few big ole boys that can nock a hole. That Edwards man down their can teach them to run like he did in the SEC and NFL. Let me ask you another quesiton. Is Grider going to be at this game or does he have that fall softball practice that week? If not, who is he going to get to coach our team? If Grider loses this game that he thinks is going to be real easy, it could cost us going to the durn playoffs. You think im joking but im not.

Calm down Roy. Grider will know what to do. LMAO

Wow! SP is searching high and low for games if they gotta dig up some team from Atlanta! After looking at the website it was probably a smart choice...Small team in numbers with some speed it looks like but based on their games from last year it looks like a offensive league with no defense played...I have to agree will be a W come whatever week we play but you never know about a team like them...Doesnt mean anything with a team this young but pretty cool they get a chance to play a Ga team. 7 wins is still the ceiling for this team come regular season....That is all

Anything is better than a 9 game schedule though. I'm betting a lot of work was put in to find this game. It will be cool for Robert Edwards to come to The Pitt.

You might be right about the win total, but I hope you are wrong.

Edited by TheAmbassador

I can see them going anywhere from 6 -4 to 9 - 1 in the regular season.

I can see them going anywhere from 6 -4 to 9 - 1 in the regular season.

This team will show their youth against Knox Grace, Signal and Boyd and lose all 3 some maybe ugly losses but will recover enough and make it to round 4 before getting a dose of venom served against Gville! 9 wins wont come until playoffs....Not enough Seniors to carry the leasership roles and keep rest of team in line...Too many ego's exist on that team that wont b controlled this season....Not even by the coaches....Young defense with new coord will take lumps this year but should have SP primed to reclaim Gold in 2013 regardless of reclass

This team will show their youth against Knox Grace, Signal and Boyd and lose all 3 some maybe ugly losses but will recover enough and make it to round 4 before getting a dose of venom served against Gville! 9 wins wont come until playoffs....Not enough Seniors to carry the leasership roles and keep rest of team in line...Too many ego's exist on that team that wont b controlled this season....Not even by the coaches....Young defense with new coord will take lumps this year but should have SP primed to reclaim Gold in 2013 regardless of reclass

Old Pirate bout had a stroke out there today. Dad burnit, pert near heat stroke weather round the Speedway. Leastways TT sounds as he is feeling a fuzzy headed! Ain't sure...but OP is a thinking TT jest might be the youngon to talk about........lack of seniors on this team to carry the leadership roles & keep rest of team in line. TT, is you finally coming clean bout the 98 team's failure to do the same? Sure nuff sounds like a crawfish acknowledgement to OP! ..Loved all the youngons thru the last 50 yrs..venom served! LOPAO.......

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate bout had a stroke out there today. Dad burnit, pert near heat stroke weather round the Speedway. Leastways TT sounds as he is feeling a fuzzy headed! Ain't sure...but OP is a thinking TT jest might be the youngon to talk about........lack of seniors on this team to carry the leadership roles & keep rest of team in line. TT, is you finally coming clean bout the 98 team's failure to do the same? Sure nuff sounds like a crawfish acknowledgement to OP! ..Loved all the youngons thru the last 50 yrs..venom served! LOPAO.......

Lol your a idiot old bird....Ur blood is truely tainted...Eazy does it...98 team was one of best teams to EVER come through SP...Our records speak for themself...U continue to try and compare teams with no leadership to our team in 98 which is just plain ignorant...This team has 3-4 Seniors to count on much like 1997 with loads of talent under them...This is easy to see to everyone else but not to u...Dare I say why??? ;) Please do yourself a favor and quit with the comedy....Any remotely negative thing spoken about this team ur in quick defense to compare to mine or make excuses...98 team would beat the absolute shat out of this team and last years by as many as they wanted...Enough with the garbage leastways and skillet talk...U stink this forum up with...Let it go before your feelings get SQUASHED!

I hope this team wins every game and breaks records in the process but the deck is stacked against them! Teams dont win championships with just 4-5 Seniors...FACT! Deal with it...That is all

Sp will win more than 7 games in the regular season, not saying they will beat signal though cause that will be very tough...WingT offense will help with new linemen...this team is not depleted of talent like some seem to believe....linemen will be ok they just have not had an opportunity to prove themselves yet because they have been waiting behind upperclassmen their whole life..this team has a lot of potential.....SP will be just fine this year...ready for some pirate football..