Match changes.....backing out.....

texas23

For all you wrestling fans in the Harrison Bay area and Bradley county, the plans have been changed.

Walker Valley (ranked number 11) had a match scheduled on Tuesday with Chattanooga Central (ranked number 9).

The "C" has backed out of the deal and cancelled the engagement. Something about banged up wrestlers and what is best for the team. Even though they were able to get after Cleveland just a few days ago, no go for tomorrow.

If you want to hurt the sport of wrestling, cancel your matches cause you are not at your very best. Or help the sport and live up to your commitments and put your best guys that day on the mat.

MikeScott, ScottMike or whatever your screen name is......no more talking crap about this team and what they are going to do, because maybe they will and maybe they will not, it depends on how they feel.

Now wrestling fans, those mighty Mustangs have gotten on the phone and found a match for their team, because they deserve to wrestle on the days they have scheduled. Thank you McMinn County Cherokees for taking a last minute date. That is what champs do.

Ridiculous.

wow Tex, That was a great post! Not that you care what I think but doesnt Tennessee or tssaa have penalties for teams that back out of matches? At the very least dont they have to ff the match? Is their no contracts holding teams accountable for showing up? Just wondering. I would think if they dont have penalties, then any team with few numbers or for strategic reasons could pull out of events or matches which would hurt the sport greatly.

For all you wrestling fans in the Harrison Bay area and Bradley county, the plans have been changed.

Walker Valley (ranked number 11) had a match scheduled on Tuesday with Chattanooga Central (ranked number 9).

The "C" has backed out of the deal and cancelled the engagement. Something about banged up wrestlers and what is best for the team. Even though they were able to get after Cleveland just a few days ago, no go for tomorrow.

If you want to hurt the sport of wrestling, cancel your matches cause you are not at your very best. Or help the sport and live up to your commitments and put your best guys that day on the mat.

MikeScott, ScottMike or whatever your screen name is......no more talking crap about this team and what they are going to do, because maybe they will and maybe they will not, it depends on how they feel.

Now wrestling fans, those mighty Mustangs have gotten on the phone and found a match for their team, because they deserve to wrestle on the days they have scheduled. Thank you McMinn County Cherokees for taking a last minute date. That is what champs do.

Ridiculous.

Dont they have a history of doing that? I think they backed out of several last year and even backed out of a duals tournament and didnt even let anybody know. Didnt they also forfeit almost all the matches to Ooltewah last year? I dont want to get down on any of the kids there as Im sure they are fine hardworking young men but to get on her and spout off like they do or maybe I should say like scott mike does it makes you wonder sometimes. How have they fared against the big teams? Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy, baylor ectt...? How are they even in the small school division in the first place? that should be for teams like Notre Dame, Sequatchie, sale Creek, Whitwell, ectt.. that are truly small schools.

I am with you on this one Texas23 or 23 Texas or whatever your screen name is. I could give you an excuse like THE C already stomped those old country mules a month ago, and that THE C has nothing to gain since the goal is BACK-2-BACK. THE C will win BACK-2-BACK TSSAA CHAMPIONSHIPS next month and this match means nothing to THE C. But I am peeved that I do not get to drive to a place even more out in hicksville to watch my team kick some butt. I may have to change my allegiance to another team after this season due to this chicken scratch move.

As long as we have another thread for me, how to I get to be an Advanced Member again?

Edited by scottmike

I am with you on this one Texas23 or 23 Texas or whatever your screen name is. I could give you an excuse like THE C already stomped those old country mules a month ago, and that THE C has nothing to gain since the goal is BACK-2-BACK. THE C will win BACK-2-BACK TSSAA CHAMPIONSHIPS next month and this match means nothing to THE C. But I am peeved that I do not get to drive to a place even more out in hicksville to watch my team kick some butt. I may have to change my allegiance to another team after this season due to this chicken scratch move.

As long as we have another thread for me, how to I get to be an Advanced Member again?

It was a total chicken scratch move and none of those excuses fly anywhere but a hen house. The match was agreed to have taken place over in Harrison and it may even still happen with two other teams that were suppose to be there. And if that is the case then this is even a bigger chicken squat move in my uninformed opinion.

As far as you post about "back to mexico", huh? I am from Canada!

ScottyMike...News flash, just like yesterday and the day before, nobody cares what you have to say. From what I heard it was a pretty close match the last time the Mules and the Purple Pansies wrestled. Nothing to gain or not, you man up and wrestle. No excuse for that but I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that. I just talked to one of my good friends at Hixson and they haven't backed out of a match this year. I also asked a good friend at Notre Dame, they haven't backed out of a match either. Nor has Soddy, Baylor, or Bradley. All these teams have made a habit out of winning but even when they aren't winning they conduct themselves with dignity and character. Little C could learn from them. Enjoy last years title while it lasts because you don't become a champion by cutting corners and avoiding competition.

ScottyMike...News flash, just like yesterday and the day before, nobody cares what you have to say. From what I heard it was a pretty close match the last time the Mules and the Purple Pansies wrestled. Nothing to gain or not, you man up and wrestle. No excuse for that but I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that. I just talked to one of my good friends at Hixson and they haven't backed out of a match this year. I also asked a good friend at Notre Dame, they haven't backed out of a match either. Nor has Soddy, Baylor, or Bradley. All these teams have made a habit out of winning but even when they aren't winning they conduct themselves with dignity and character. Little C could learn from them. Enjoy last years title while it lasts because you don't become a champion by cutting corners and avoiding competition.

Very well said my friend

I don't have a horse in the race. But I will say this. Should Central have backed out? Probably not. Does it hurt the sport? Probably so. But I am more upset with the fact that WV is complaining of professionalism, but is using the T to bash another program. What does it gain? When I wrestled I learned that you win and loose the same way. Things haven't gone some people's way at both schools and that's unfortunate. If and when I feel slighted in life and in the coaching profession. I don't broadcast it, I take account of it and keep moving forward. Bashing another team for whatever reason, justified or not is foolish. Waller with the pigs and everyone gets dirty, but the pig likes it.

I don't have a horse in the race. But I will say this. Should Central have backed out? Probably not. Does it hurt the sport? Probably so. But I am more upset with the fact that WV is complaining of professionalism, but is using the T to bash another program. What does it gain? When I wrestled I learned that you win and loose the same way. Things haven't gone some people's way at both schools and that's unfortunate. If and when I feel slighted in life and in the coaching profession. I don't broadcast it, I take account of it and keep moving forward. Bashing another team for whatever reason, justified or not is foolish. Waller with the pigs and everyone gets dirty, but the pig likes it.

Tex23- are you in charge of Walker Valley's public relation department?