2012 Class A Miss Basketball Ballot

CoachT

Definitely Kelsey Risner at Wayne County...4-year starter who led her team to the state championship last year and is averaging a double-double this year with 17/10 a game...she has really improved her already impressive game this year and does all "the little things"...an opposing coach's nightmare...also has a 4.0 GPA and very active at school...Union definitely got a steal with Risner...hits close to 40% of her threes!

My other two finalists would be Flowers and Warden.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you havent seen the Rhodes girl from Cloudland play you are missing a show,No doubt in my mind will she be a mrs basketball finalist. 6'2 Junior very highly recruited on the D2 and D1 level.

You may be right but if anyone wanted to come watch a show with dribbling between the legs,cross over dribbling,as fast dribbling the ball as most girls can run,then come watch the T.T. Flowers show.And this year,she is knocking down three's.And in most games ,only plays a half.Had close to 20 points against Union City but the UC announcers were talking about how many points she was actually responsible for in the game by driving the lane and dishing off and all the steals.Not only should she be a finalist,she should be MISS BASKETBALL.

Edited by mrbigster

You may be right but if anyone wanted to come watch a show with dribbling between the legs,cross over dribbling,as fast dribbling the ball as most girls can run,then come watch the T.T. Flowers show.And this year,she is knocking down three's.And in most games ,only plays a half.Had close to 20 points against Union City but the UC announcers were talking about how many points she was actually responsible for in the game by driving the lane and dishing off and all the steals.Not only should she be a finalist,she should be MISS BASKETBALL.

I like to watch teams who win games on a tough schedule. Take a look at Cloudland's schedule. Over half their games are against teams who will possibly make the boro. The Rhodes girl will dominate anyone in the paint when she gets the ball. The excellence of execution.

I like to watch teams who win games on a tough schedule. Take a look at Cloudland's schedule. Over half their games are against teams who will possibly make the boro. The Rhodes girl will dominate anyone in the paint when she gets the ball. The excellence of execution.

Again.You may be right.I hope she gets that chance to go against a smaller ,but very quick Carnation Hart who had about 17 points in the State tournament last year in the first half and for some reson quit going to her.Will be height against speed.And Carnation has been to battle against the 6's gitl at Obion Central,the twins towers at Liberty who both were around 6'4.One of them ,Ann Jones is starting at Memphis this year.And as far as T.T..Sur hope Cloudland has some fast quards.Very fast guards.Most teams play a zone against Lake Co.Like Union City and sevearl others.Lake Co has 4 girls that can all shoot the three ball very well.Not saying they'l win stste.Or even get there.But the main 3 players ,T.T. Flowers,Carnation Hart,Shamon Pearson can play with anyone.And if the other players are hitting outside,game over.I/m sure Cloudland is the real deal.Have no idea if other teams in our district would be some of the top teams.Some had Union City being at the top.Lake co has beaten a very good Dyersburg team and some tough teams in Kentucky and Florida.They have beaten several AA teams very very handidly.Weak schedule or not if that's what you believe,all 5 starters are back from last years state tournament team.But again.May be talking about a game that Lake Co may not even make.Could get beat and not even make it to State.Have Madison,Middleton,Union City and Greenfield among others to contend with.

Edited by mrbigster

Kelsey Risner at Wayne County. Averaging over 17 points and 10 rebounds per game. Handles it, guards, and passes on top of the stats. Helped bring home the gold ball in 2011. In the 1400 point area for her career.

I agree here. Kelsey Risner has been a 4 year starter for Wayne County. Handles the ball great and has a very pretty, smooth shot. Kelsey signed with Union last year during her junior season. She is a big reason that Wayne County won a gold ball last year. She is the best player in District 12 and is the only senior on this team and plays her heart out every game. She hates to loose and fights until the end.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

Kelsey Risner should definantly be a serious candidate for Miss Basketball this year.Very good all around player great leader great kid. She could have 25+ a night IMO but is very unselfish but when she needs to she can fill it up. Hope it doesnt hurt her that WC is down a little this year cause she is deserving

sam smith of mcewen. She reached her 1000 points. Her sophomore year she got mvp of her district. Last year she got all region along with other rewards from her district. She is just an overall great player. She is a great ball handler and she knows how to make her team come together to win.

Edited by basetball121

Sara Raby is the best player on her team. She opens things up for others by her presence.

At this point of the year i agree been the most consistent player on the team the last few games and i would say one of if not the most dominant post in A class and now has begun to step out behind the 3 point line. if any she should be a lock for it with the big names from last year and be a dark horse id say Sarah would be one