Battle at the Pig Palace

bear cat brown

Cupcake, agree with your analysis on the Watson match. BCB, where was the major? Robinson is actually an all american. Suggest you use his name next time versus the sarcasm and maybe you won't have to go 15 rounds with mocs90210. Cupcake, your first paragraph is just whining, How about CBHS drove 300 miles and 5 hours to get to Soddy, got lost on the way, gets their late and loses a close match in a hostile environment. The next day they beat Soddy and run a couple of backups with a confortable lead.

Great job by the Brothers!!!! An amazing job against a tough Baylor team that was favored to repeat at the beginning of the year.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cupcake, agree with your analysis on the Watson match. BCB, where was the major? Robinson is actually an all american. Suggest you use his name next time versus the sarcasm and maybe you won't have to go 15 rounds with mocs90210. Cupcake, your first paragraph is just whining, How about CBHS drove 300 miles and 5 hours to get to Soddy, got lost on the way, gets their late and loses a close match in a hostile environment. The next day they beat Soddy and run a couple of backups with a confortable lead.

Great job by the Brothers!!!! An amazing job against a tough Baylor team that was favored to repeat at the beginning of the year.

Congrats Papa!

I always b!$ch and whine this time of month,,,very emotional right now! I remember when I drove down to west Memphis in '07 to train some SEAL team 6 guys before their Iraq rotation,,,I was so tired when I arrived I took the rest of the day off,,,so I feel you on the 5 hour nap ride up,,,point noted

My point is: CBHS lost to SBG, then didn't wrestle one tough / close match the next day save a worn out SBG in the finals,, and barely winning that one. But my more current point is this,,,,I think 3 teams in TN (not ranked nationally) can split wins with #31 CBHS any day of the week,,,especially if CBHS has to battle all day,, and deplete a couple top shelf kids along the way.

I disagree,,,beating a 90% 3rd ranked Baylor by 1 (given how the last match ended and the national ranking of #31) ,,,,isn't a great job,,,its a thank God we just got very very lucky again.....

I do agree 126 was amazing,,,,not to sure their was anything great overall,,, save Baylor's performance. (bcb and the rest of the state loves and respects Tate)

On second thought,,,maybe my real point is a few TN teams should be nationally ranked if CBHS is #31,,,,if that's whining,,,then CBHS has been whining for many years on this board

CC,,,sends...

I always b!$ch and whine this time of month,,,very emotional right now! I remember when I drove down to west Memphis in '07 to train some SEAL team 6 guys before their Iraq rotation,,,I was so tired when I arrived I took the rest of the day off,,,so I feel you on the 5 hour nap ride up,,,point noted

My point is: CBHS lost to SBG, then didn't wrestle one tough / close match the next day save a worn out SBG in the finals,, and barely winning that one. But my more current point is this,,,,I think 3 teams in TN (not ranked nationally) can split wins with #31 CBHS any day of the week,,,especially if CBHS has to battle all day,, and deplete a couple top shelf kids along the way.

I disagree,,,beating a 90% 3rd ranked Baylor by 1 (given how the last match ended and the national ranking of #31) ,,,,isn't a great job,,,its a thank God we just got very very lucky again.....

I do agree 126 was amazing,,,,not to sure their was anything great overall,,, save Baylor's performance. (bcb and the rest of the state loves and respects Tate)

On second thought,,,maybe my real point is a few TN teams should be nationally ranked if CBHS is #31,,,,if that's whining,,,then CBHS has been whining for many years on this board

CC,,,sends...

We agree on your last paragraph...there are likely several teams from TN that could be nationally ranked. I posted that a month or so ago. CBHS is ranked due to finishing ahead of other nationally ranked teams in KC, placing second at Granite City behind nationally ranked Oak Park River Forest and beating Blue Springs, the number one ranked team in Missouri and also nationally ranked, 35-18 in a convincing dual victory. Send in Soddy's resume to Intermat and maybe they will get ranked.

It does say alot about the level of competition in TN that the duals here are so tight. But that's wrestling, either as an individual or team, there are great opponents out there and the margin of victory, especially the higher you get in this sport becomes very thin. Being an "All American", nationally ranked or a national champion does not mean you are going to win every match. It actually puts a target on you and makes the losses hurt more. Brett Metcalf is the poster child for this. As we all have experienced, this sport has a way of humbling you very quickly.

Two very good teams went at it last night, Baylor won some matches we did not expect and made some brilliant lineup changes. We had run their lineup a million ways and they still came up with an unexpected change. Great job by their coaches and wrestlers!

We will have to agree to disagree on the way to handle a loss. Coach Henry takes the high road and has done nothing but encourage our coaches and team. While I am sure we could find something easier to do on the night before Cleveland duals, I am certain that we will be back in your gym testing ourselves again next year.

Best of luck to Soddy today! Go Brothers!

Edited by smwwrest

Congrats to both teams competing in what should have been the DII state dual finals and certainly not the semi-finals. Regardless, in order to win it all, you have to beat your toughest opponent along the way, no matter where they are in the bracket. My guess is we will once again see some of these coveted match-ups in two weeks. Nonetheless, good luck to both Baylor and CBHS as they compete today.

Its very obvious having a collegiate program in Chattanooga is benefiting wrestlers from that area. And now the kids from CBHS running the rough and deadly streets of Memphis is proving to be a benefit afterall. And to think, all of us taxpayers over here thought our leadership was failing us miserably. Turns out it was covert mission to improve the quality of rasslin' along the Mighty Mississippi.

In all seriousness, its no doubt Tennessee wrestlers are finally getting the recognition they deserve on the national level. And this is not to discredit any other who previously held such accolades. But seeing guys like Leen and Marable in coaching spots, Simpson at the OTC, and all the recent high schoolers' to into DI programs has to make us all proud of the direction wrestling is growing in our state.

CC,,,sends...

Rankings Smankings, you are worried about the fact that CBHS is ranked nationally and SD nor Baylor are? If you want them to be ranked, tell them to get out of TN and go wrestle the top teams in the nation. I'm sorry, but 'for now' no one is going to rank teams based on beating TN teams. Doesn't matter if that TN team is ranked or not, just not going to to happen. Maybe one day, but for now if you want to get ranked, you have to get up north and wrestle the teams that are.

As for #3 almost beating the #31 team, yup they sure did. Gave them one heck of a run, but the true fact remains that the only thing that counts is the final score. And let's put some numbers down here just to let some folks can see where things stand and maybe (just maybe) give CBHS some credit. In the past 3 years, CBHS is 3-1 against Baylor, and 2-1 against SD. I do believe that puts them up there with the best that TN has to offer. Give the CBHS coaches some credit, these guys have built one heck of a program out of an area not known for wrestling in the past.

AND, one last thing, with the programs we have in TN with CBHS, Baylor, Father Ryan, Soddy, Cleveland and the up and some of the up and coming teams, TN is going to be noticed nationally and hopefully here soon we see several of our teams getting national attention.

Congrats to the team out West, I knew you could do it....

Now you must face The Fisheaters from The Purple Team. Me and Bobby Magee think you will win it all. Good luck.

Bcb iii :flower:

Cupcake, I think you are a little hard on the team out west, but I dug the story about the training of the Seals.

I will not be able to make it, cause I'm going to go watch mocs90210 son wrestle down in ga, and then take him out for a Pepsi, diet of course.

Bcb iii sends...

So here we go.......match starts with the Big Boys

Hwy.... Thomas vs Hadney...... tow 6

106..... Oliver vs Eckhart......... tow 5

113..... Santi vs Wesknofske... tow 3

120..... Gray vs Fisher..............tow 5

126..... Robinson vs Simpson...tow 4

Now comes the biggest match of the night

132..... Johnson vs Akers.........FI 3

138..... Parish vs My Main Man Marchetti. FI 4

145...... Baker vs Cosgrove..... tow 5

Coach Simpson uses his last timeout and huddles the team where not more than a week a go Chiglet the 359 lb hog, died of a heart attack while performing his attempt of eating his weight in m&m's.

Coach is seen turning a new shade of red, while the singing/ stomping cowboy pulls off his boot and threatens to stick it where the sun don't shine, if the intensity doesn't pick up.

We return to the match...l

152....Hataway vs Cathy Moselys son..... FI 3

160...Islom vs Nolan ......"........l.l..............tow 3

With 4 matches remaining it appears that the privileged parents of the tow is starting a fire to roast that damnn monkey .

We return to the match....

170... Walthall vs Mr Hooker... Bam. FI 6

180... McOlgen vs Holmes...... Bam FI 6

192 .. Brandon vs Laguttola.... FI 4

Comes down to the last match

220...Nichols vs Fisher.................... Bam FI 6

Purple team wins in what is called the Greatest Comeback Ever....

The purple daddies are very happy cause the purple mommies are very very happy

On a happy note the monkey was seen swinging from the rafters wearing an Irish visor..

Great job both teams!!!!

Bcb iii sends

AND, one last thing, with the programs we have in TN with CBHS, Baylor, Father Ryan, Soddy, Cleveland and the up and some of the up and coming teams, TN is going to be noticed nationally and hopefully here soon we see several of our teams getting national attention.

That and 20 bucks will get you a private dance at the Mouse's Ear.

Sends ...