Tennessee All Star Game

Tnball23

Read an article in the Memphis newspaper, the Commercial Appeal, today and a coach discussed the possibility of having an All Star game held at USA Stadium at the conclusion of this season. Possibly public school vs. private school. He said there have been over 20 signees in the Memphis area alone already. Any thoughts?

I think it is a great idea and a good opportunity for the private school kids to play against the public school kids. Memphis area private schools are better overall anyways. Looking forward to this!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about we have like a team Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville , and memphis. Get the best players from each city and have like a tournement and see whos the best. Just an idea.

Tennessee has this each summer at the TBCA showcase. Four teams compete over two days.

Regions 1 and 2 have a team, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8.

They take BP and have a showcase for college coaches and scouts on Friday afternoon and the games start Friday night.

Tennessee has this each summer at the TBCA showcase. Four teams compete over two days.

They take BP and have a showcase for college coaches and scouts on Friday afternoon and the games start Friday night.

How is this advertised? Many players in the small towns never hear about tryouts or anything about these showcases.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

In previous years the TBCA event has been on the same weekend as the USA Baseball Jr. Olympics which are held in Arizona (72 teams) and Florida (72 teams). If this is still true the best 16 year old's will probably not be at the TBCA event as they will be trying to make Team USA for the World Championships.

In previous years the TBCA event has been on the same weekend as the USA Baseball Jr. Olympics which are held in Arizona (72 teams) and Florida (72 teams). If this is still true the best 16 year old's will probably not be at the TBCA event as they will be trying to make Team USA for the World Championships.

Very few kids have ever missed the TBCA because they were trying out for something like that. Also, I believe Jordan Sheffield played in the TBCA event last year and played for Team USA.

Someone else asked about where this is advertised. You can go to TBCA.org and find everything you need to know. You should also encourage your local high school coach to join the TBCA or it won't matter. Only players whose coach is a member can play in the game. A lot of small town coaches don't join and that is why those players don't here about it.

Very few kids have ever missed the TBCA because they were trying out for something like that. Also, I believe Jordan Sheffield played in the TBCA event last year and played for Team USA.

Someone else asked about where this is advertised. You can go to TBCA.org and find everything you need to know. You should also encourage your local high school coach to join the TBCA or it won't matter. Only players whose coach is a member can play in the game. A lot of small town coaches don't join and that is why those players don't here about it.

So if Billy Allstar from Onehorse Co. High School is one of the better players in the state, it boils down to his hillbilly high school coach to pay dues to the TBCA for him to go play in a TBCA event? I bet mommanem would be plum flustered if that kept Billy Allstar from playing. I can hear a college coach now "Where is the Billy Allstar kid we been hearing about?". TBCA director responds, "His coach didn't pay his dues."

So if Billy Allstar from Onehorse Co. High School is one of the better players in the state, it boils down to his hillbilly high school coach to pay dues to the TBCA for him to go play in a TBCA event? I bet mommanem would be plum flustered if that kept Billy Allstar from playing. I can hear a college coach now "Where is the Billy Allstar kid we been hearing about?". TBCA director responds, "His coach didn't pay his dues."

Welcome to TN HS baseball. Poor Billy.

Edited by haderade