Diswtrict 14-A Tournament

wardawg2038

Lake County rolls over Halls tonight 73-41. Falcons came out playing with great intensity and jumped out to a 24-2 lead at the end of the 1st period. They never looked back leading comfortably the entire game. Now it is on to the semifinals against Greenfield on Friday in Trenton. Greenfield defeated Trenton tonight as well. Not sure of final last I heard was the Yellowjackets were up 20 with about 5 minutes to play. Great job guys!! Stay focused and keep playing unselfishly and with the effort you gave tonight !! Great job.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City wins a good one in over time 67-66. It was a well fought game by both teams, congratulations to south fulton on a good game yall r going to be a tough team in the future. Union City moves on and faces Humboldt on friday at 7:30.

I said in my posts that watch out for South Fulton.thought they were very capable of beating Union city.Maybe a good thing Union city had that home court advantage.Heard South fulton shot about 60 percent to Union city's 40 something percent.Heard Union City won the game at the free throw line,shooting over 70 percent,which has been their thorn.A good win and at least know if they lose the next two games will still be in th hunt.

Edited by mrbigster

Greenfield boys played a great game tonight against Lake Co. We couldnt get the 3 to keep falling in the 2nd half, or things could've gotten really interesting.

But anyway, the Jackets will be playing UC tomorrow at 4 for 3rd place. I just hope we can stay on the opposite side of Lake Co. in the Regional Tourney.

Lake County survives Greenfield tonight 62-53. Hats off to Greenfield as they played as good as I have seen them play this year. They came out hot from three point range and #3 was almost unconscious. Falcons were able to weather the storm and close out the half on about a 7-0 run to tie it at 30. Second half the Falcons were able to convert enough to gain a double digit lead of about 12 and hold on to win by nine. The yellowjackets came ready to play and scrapped for loose balls and flat out hustled all night. The game was tight for those reasons and Greenfield will be a tough out for anyone in the region if they play that way again. Next up is Humboldt in the district championship game monday night. THe vikings handled Union City tonight and seem to be clicking on all cylinders as they have won 8 or 9 games straight. The teams split during the regular season with both teams winning at home. Now they meet on a neutral court so it should be a dandy. Good luck and go get'em green.

Lake County survives Greenfield tonight 62-53. Hats off to Greenfield as they played as good as I have seen them play this year. They came out hot from three point range and #3 was almost unconscious. Falcons were able to weather the storm and close out the half on about a 7-0 run to tie it at 30. Second half the Falcons were able to convert enough to gain a double digit lead of about 12 and hold on to win by nine. The yellowjackets came ready to play and scrapped for loose balls and flat out hustled all night. The game was tight for those reasons and Greenfield will be a tough out for anyone in the region if they play that way again. Next up is Humboldt in the district championship game monday night. THe vikings handled Union City tonight and seem to be clicking on all cylinders as they have won 8 or 9 games straight. The teams split during the regular season with both teams winning at home. Now they meet on a neutral court so it should be a dandy. Good luck and go get'em green.

Where was D Swift///I hope for LC's sake that he will be back....You guys are the only hope for 14A this season and without him I dont see u guys repeating....the rest of West Tn is just not on par with years past

Where was D Swift///I hope for LC's sake that he will be back....You guys are the only hope for 14A this season and without him I dont see u guys repeating....the rest of West Tn is just not on par with years past

------------------------------------------------------------------

He played or at least channel 7 said it was him on several; plays shown

GO JACKETS !!!!!!!! GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!

Derrick Swift has not played thus far in the post-season(vs Halls and Greenfield) for the Falcons due to a disciplinary issue but should return provided he fulfills all requirements. The other Swift on the team, Stetson, was probably the one mentioned on the news. I am not sure we are the only west tn team that can make a deep run because Humboldt is paying very well lately as well. They are long and athletic.I know they struggled some early in the year and people kinda wrote them off but they have won about 8 or 9 straight games now. Should be a good game monday night in Trenton when the Falcons and Vikings tangle for the 3rd time.