Diswtrict 14-A Tournament

wardawg2038

Greenfield won a big game tonight against Union City 50-49. The game was well worth the price of admission. Greenfield led the entire game....even pulling out to a 15 point lead at one point....but #4 of UC got hot from 3 pt. range, and he must have hit 5 or 6 3's in the 3rd and 4th quarters....great win for the Jackets!

Also, I just want to compliment the Asst. Coach of UC...the bigger, black fella. I sat behind the UC bench, and I watched him try to calm down Sisco and the players, and he was the first one to congratulate the Jacket players after the game....he seems like a nice guy and class act. Does anyone know his name?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to our Greenfield boys on beating Union City tonight. I wish I could have been there but I listened to the game on the radio and enjoyed every minute of it. Its really sad that the Union City coach can say and do anything he wants without any recourse. Union City fans have got to be proud of their coach after his wild and crazy remarks on the radio. Wow! The coach ripped the officials, he rant and raved about how his team got mistreated and he never ever gave Greenfield any credit, poor me and poor Union City. The UC coach may know his basketball but he is one classless guy that is a bad example for kids.

Congratulations to our Greenfield boys on beating Union City tonight. I wish I could have been there but I listened to the game on the radio and enjoyed every minute of it. Its really sad that the Union City coach can say and do anything he wants without any recourse. Union City fans have got to be proud of their coach after his wild and crazy remarks on the radio. Wow! The coach ripped the officials, he rant and raved about how his team got mistreated and he never ever gave Greenfield any credit, poor me and poor Union City. The UC coach may know his basketball but he is one classless guy that is a bad example for kids.

as are you, greenfield fan...........however I do congratulate the Jackets and their other fans for a job well done

Greenfield won a big game tonight against Union City 50-49. The game was well worth the price of admission. Greenfield led the entire game....even pulling out to a 15 point lead at one point....but #4 of UC got hot from 3 pt. range, and he must have hit 5 or 6 3's in the 3rd and 4th quarters....great win for the Jackets!

Also, I just want to compliment the Asst. Coach of UC...the bigger, black fella. I sat behind the UC bench, and I watched him try to calm down Sisco and the players, and he was the first one to congratulate the Jacket players after the game....he seems like a nice guy and class act. Does anyone know his name?

Coach Preston Barbee... good person and a cool guy!

Edited by GCPioneer

Big win for Greenfield as I said after their game with the Falcons last night they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the regional tournament. I will have to respectfully disagree on the Sisco comments however. I was listening to the radio on the way in to watch the lady falcons play and heard Sisco's remarks. The first thing he said before his remarks about the officials was to tip his hat to greenfield and the way they played. I expected him to say more than he actually did given the circumstances and ending. I would suspect any coach would be mad and upset at the way the game ended provided they were on the losing end. Good luck to the jackets next friday.

Big win for Greenfield as I said after their game with the Falcons last night they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the regional tournament. I will have to respectfully disagree on the Sisco comments however. I was listening to the radio on the way in to watch the lady falcons play and heard Sisco's remarks. The first thing he said before his remarks about the officials was to tip his hat to greenfield and the way they played. I expected him to say more than he actually did given the circumstances and ending. I would suspect any coach would be mad and upset at the way the game ended provided they were on the losing end. Good luck to the jackets next friday.

Greenfield fan conveniently forgot this little tid-bit....whatever fuels his crusade

no, the coach is Ronald Ward a former player....Preston is no longer at UC and hasn't been this year.

Oh wow! haha... I thought Preston was still at Union City. I was even at Trenton the other night and I thought that was Barbee sitting over there on the bench. Anyways, it seems that Coach Ronald Ward is a good person as well. My bad to Preston and Coach Ronald Ward

Not much being posted about the Humboldt vs Lake County District Championship Game tommorrow night. What time does this one start 7 i would think. Comes down to the best two in the District. This one to me will simply come down to the team that plays the best defense! It can go either way and i am sure like always with these two teams it will be a nail biter! Good luck to both the Falcons and the Vikings!

Greenfieldfan, you and I have noticed the same thing. Humboldt is hot right now. People kinda put them on the back burner after a couple of unexplainable losses but I have felt they are the 2nd best team in the district all year. Lake Co. should be at full speed, player wise, I believe tomorrow night which will help as well. I think everyone will see a determined Falcon squad that will be up to play. I know the Vikings will be as well. This is mostly likely a prelude to the region Championship game as well in my opinion. the team that defends the paint the best and makes their free throws wins. I gotta go with my Falcons 74-67.