Diswtrict 14-A Tournament

wardawg2038

Greenfieldfan, you and I have noticed the same thing. Humboldt is hot right now. People kinda put them on the back burner after a couple of unexplainable losses but I have felt they are the 2nd best team in the district all year. Lake Co. should be at full speed, player wise, I believe tomorrow night which will help as well. I think everyone will see a determined Falcon squad that will be up to play. I know the Vikings will be as well. This is mostly likely a prelude to the region Championship game as well in my opinion. the team that defends the paint the best and makes their free throws wins. I gotta go with my Falcons 74-67.

will D. Swift be back tomorrow night

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said in my earlier post ,maybe on the PC thread when they were talking about Lake Co,Union City and Middleton being the top threats.I said Lake Co and Humboldt.I believe Humboldt lost some early games while Bryson was on a recruiting trip.Humboldt has the athletes to match Lake Co ,size wise and athletically.Humboldt is going to come out in a zone and make Lake Co shoot from outside while Lake Co is going to play a man.Probably press.So that will probably be the key.Will the Lake Co press be enough to have Humboldt turn the ball over or does Humboldt get a lot of easy layups.If they do,may should get out of it and set up and play tough defense.Also ,LC may at some time against Humboldt decide to zone on their own.I dont think they have great outside shooters except for Brooks.May have another around the free throw lane but Brooks is probably the really long threat.Maybe Lake Co will press just to hopefully wear the Vikings down,especially the bigger Bryson.I hope to win but really too close to call.Both teams have a lot of athletes.I'd trade a win tonight for a spot in the region championship and a win there though.The region championship could be the key to whoever goes in our district to the stete.At least the winner will get a home game whether it's Lake Co.UC,Greenfield or Humboldt or the other district.The loser may end up going to BTW.Not saying any of our teams wont beat BTW as i think we can but I'd rather have a home game no matter who we played if we as fortunate enough to make it that far.

Edited by mrbigster

what i saw tonight was humboldt just flat out outplay lake county...lake county seemed to jump out the gate as if they were gonna blow humboldt out but humboldt had other things in mind... i also seen 2 good athletes go toe to toe tonight in tyler and brooks neither team had an answer for the other seems like humboldt is coming together at the right time i like the way they are playing as a unit and that will only get better making them harder to beat in the regions...as for lake county they need to start playing more team ball and better themselves on the defensive side of the ball and they will be fine need to get some kind of understanding of their roles as players as well...it's win or turn in the uniforms now let the fun begin :?

Collegeguru I have to pretty much agree with you on your summary of the game. The team that played the best TEAM ball tonight won and it was Humboldt. As much as I hate to say it the Vikings remind me alot of the LC team from last year in they are peaking at the right time and seem to be very hungry. They may not be a better team than LC but they were the better team tonight. It was a great performance offensively from Tyler and Brooks. Brooks was unconscious tonight shooting and made some deep threes with a hand in his face. He along with #1 were the difference in the game. Now it is on to the region and LC must step their game up on the defensive end and earn a rematch with the Vikings in the regional final.

Collegeguru I have to pretty much agree with you on your summary of the game. The team that played the best TEAM ball tonight won and it was Humboldt. As much as I hate to say it the Vikings remind me alot of the LC team from last year in they are peaking at the right time and seem to be very hungry. They may not be a better team than LC but they were the better team tonight. It was a great performance offensively from Tyler and Brooks. Brooks was unconscious tonight shooting and made some deep threes with a hand in his face. He along with #1 were the difference in the game. Now it is on to the region and LC must step their game up on the defensive end and earn a rematch with the Vikings in the regional final.

I'm not a Humboldt fan by any means...but they were much,much more impressive than the score would indicate. Brooks was by far the best player on the floor tonight. He and Tyler both had 28pts but Brooks got his with about 10 fewer attempts and 5 less turnovers...LC was very undisciplined and out of control for much of the game. I think LC can repeat but they better figure it out quickly...Hope both teams can get to the Boro

I'm not a Humboldt fan by any means...but they were much,much more impressive than the score would indicate. Brooks was by far the best player on the floor tonight. He and Tyler both had 28pts but Brooks got his with about 10 fewer attempts and 5 less turnovers...LC was very undisciplined and out of control for much of the game. I think LC can repeat but they better figure it out quickly...Hope both teams can get to the Boro

I agree.Brooks was on fire,hitting three's from way out.We have seen him play enough the past 4 years and know what he can do so you know the players are aware of him and cant let him get an open look.Some of the shots he just shot over a player though.But still,someone from Lake Co is going to have to stick to him like glue if they meet again.Exciting and close game for 3 quarters and Humboldt had Brooks drive and dish the ball off a few times for open layups and about 3 trips down the floor ,Humboldt scored on tip ins after a missed shot.Maybe Greenfield has an answer for the Vikings.I look for them to play a zone against Humboldt,maybe extend it out a little more on brooks and see what the rest of the Viking players can do.Congrats to Humboldt.They were the better team tonight when the horn sounded.Played too selfish.Instead of taking a layup,several times LC decided to dipsy do and do a reverse.Had a chance in the 4th quarter but lost the ball on about 4 consecetive trips down the floor with the same player .I think LC was within 3 in the 4th quarter and had a chance maybe at a layup but decided to do a Michael Jordan from the free throw line and missed a dunk.It brought ooh's from the crowd but no points.Maybe next game ,he makes those plays though.Hopefully Lake Co will take care of business and meet the Vikings one more time.Would have been nice to have won last night but the big game will be whoever wins the region championship and host a sub state game.And not have to travel to Memphis and play Westwood or BTW.I think LC and Humboldt would have a great chance if they were to make the trip.Not sure about BTW yet as to the teams they have played.Congrats to the Vikings last night.