B.T.Washington Warriors

BTWSheriff

UNDERFUNDED???? Are you kidding me. before u say crap like that u really should know the facts. I looked them up so I will enlighten u with them. The Volunteer state spends on average 7987.00 per student, the national average is 10,499.00 per and MEMPHIS SPENDS 10,677.00 per student. In comparison, Utah spends 6300.00 per. With that said, again, this thread wasnt about Memphis, Its about BTW, and them running up the scores on inferior opponants and there arrogant fans, coaches and administration allowing it to happen! I was coming home from the West/Marville game last night(or should I say Knoxville West), and a TSSAA commercial came on the radio and talked about how HS sports instills, integrity, citizenship, sportsmanship,leadership, as well as life skills. How does beating a team 149-23, and in 3 games beat them by an average of over 110 per game, do any of these things that commercial talked about? Theres no way in the world You or anybody else can convince me with a running clock from the second qtr. on, they did not set out to humiliate and embarrass this poor team! EVER!!! Thats The argument here not Memphis. The more I talk about this the madder I get, Heck, I might start a campaign to get this jerk fired and the AD removed! This is Uncalled for, Its high school kids!

While you're campaigning, go check out the conditions at Manassas, Melrose and Overton and get back with me on that bud.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you're campaigning, go check out the conditions at Manassas, Melrose and Overton and get back with me on that bud.

Thats not my problem. We all have these schools in our districts. I do all I can for the ones in my district. I never said Memphis didnt have talent, They have great talent!! I just tried to show that all that great talent doesnt compute to all these state championships you guys think your getting. The rest of the state has talent too, and their fair share of gold balls.

Dont let Westwoods record fool you and Please don't try and compare westwood to Wayne county. That's absurd. Westwood is a contender and great team. Please don't forget 3 of their 9 losses came from BTW. And their other losses came before they acquired their starting 5. 3 of their starters weren't even on the team during the first semester, which is when they lost the other 6 games.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....3 starters not on the team during the first semester????????? Academic failures?????????? Transfers????? How all of a sudden tdo 3 starters on a team magically apear from nowhere?????? Recruiting maybe? Grade fixing? Please explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont see this around 12A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....3 starters not on the team during the first semester????????? Academic failures?????????? Transfers????? How all of a sudden tdo 3 starters on a team magically apear from nowhere?????? Recruiting maybe? Grade fixing? Please explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont see this around 12A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

being a big PC fan, you may not want to get into this seeing as PC made national headlines on yahoo with their little recruiting scandal.

But if that is the facts.. it is a little suspicious.

Only Time will tell

Thats not my problem. We all have these schools in our districts. I do all I can for the ones in my district. I never said Memphis didnt have talent, They have great talent!! I just tried to show that all that great talent doesnt compute to all these state championships you guys think your getting. The rest of the state has talent too, and their fair share of gold balls.

Memphis & Jackson Area Championships since 98: Add em up

1998 – Kingsbury

1999 – Carver

2000 – Ridgeway, Whitestation

2001 – Booker T. Washington, Bartlett

2002 – Ridgeway, Whitestaion

2003 – Whitestation

2004 – Bolivar, Whitestation

2005 – Bolivar, Ridgeway

2006 – Liberty, Hamilton

2007 – Liberty,

2008 - Ridgeway

2009 – Mannassas, Whitestation

2010 – Bolivar, Melrose

2011- Liberty, Craigmont

1998 – Kingsbury

1999 – Carver

2003 – Whitestation

2005 – Bolivar, Ridgeway

2006 – Liberty, Hamilton

2007 – Liberty,

2008 - Ridgeway

2010 – Bolivar, Melrose

2011- Liberty, Craigmont

Even though Bartlett, Liberty, and Boliver are not Memphis teams I think the point shouldn't be so much about how many state championship teams Memphis has produced but rather how hard it is to get out of Memphis just to have a chance at a state title.

The bottom line is of you make to the final field of eight you deserve to be there wherever you hail from. How you got there and who you went through makes for nice message board banter but all that matters is what you do in the Murphy Center.

Edited by Pantherbert

I think their competition is horrible, and that they will get a rude awakening when they play some of the teams from District 14, or when they get to state. Im not saying they won't win it all(which I don't believe they will) I just don't think they will dominate in Sub-State or State.

Teams out of Memphis play brutal meat grinding schedules every year! No matter what class they are in! 1A 2A 3A all classes play tough teams and they dont have to leave the Memphis Metro area to do it! I pulled for 14A but best respect BTW and the opponents they play. I looked for them to be the team to beat! Like someone posted before Memphis is a hot bed for High School Basketball as good as anywhere in the country no doubt!

Edited by zebra99

Even though Bartlett, Liberty, and Boliver are not Memphis teams I think the point shouldn't be so much about how many state championship teams Memphis has produced but rather how hard it is to get out of Memphis just to have a chance at a state title.

The bottom line is of you make to the final field of eight you deserve to be there wherever you hail from. How you got there and who you went through makes for nice message board banter but all that matters is what you do in the Murphy Center.

And, I think Bolton has more than any other school in the state.

btw, BTW forgot to show the private school champions in Memphis and the girls.

And, Bartlett is Memphis. Just like Millington, Bolton, Arlington, Collierville, Germantown, Cordova, and Southwind and Ridgeway. They're just county schools.

btw, BTW forgot to show the private school champions in Memphis and the girls.

And, Bartlett is Memphis. Just like Millington, Bolton, Arlington, Collierville, Germantown, Cordova, and Southwind and Ridgeway. They're just county schools.

No they dont

btw, BTW forgot to show the priva7te school champions in Memphis and the girls.

Bolton and Perry County are tied with 6 titles a piece. But we hope to remedy that this year.

1998 – Kingsbury

1999 – Carver

2003 – Whitestation

2005 – Bolivar, Ridgeway

2006 – Liberty, Hamilton

2007 – Liberty,

2008 - Ridgeway

2010 – Bolivar, Melrose

2011- Liberty, Craigmont

Whats your point? I said since 2000 I could find 11 and u found 12. Same difference. Simply no domination there, Im sorry if it hurts all u memphis guys feelings but u proved my point