B.T.Washington Warriors

BTWSheriff

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in a previous post, some teams are just terrible. What are you suppose to do, not play? They need a division 2 for public schools. Again, the Coach T strength of schedule means nothing, it only measures wins and losses, not the level of competition. The Carolina Crazy guy, seems to be obsessed with Coach T strength of schedule. I'm still not convinced that BTW will win it all. Their next game could be tough. I'm sure someone will accuse BTW of not being classy or unsportsman like conduct for tonights game. Not a completely fair statement. Power Academy and Scotts Hill are just that bad. Period! But I guess that's not the "politically" correct thing to say.

Nobody forced BTW, almost with 500 enrollment at the last TSSAA count, possibly more, possibly less by now, to move down to Class A during the mid-point of the four year classification period.

Edited by Indian

Back from the games at BTW!The team is for real,they're quick,athletic,and long.They play with discipline,run a slick passing offense,and are agressive with their press.Heads up Middleton,Lake Co.,Humboldt,and anyone else planning on taking the gold ball home Booker T will test anyone out there.For the "issues" that have been hotly discussed for the last few days on here,BTW's coach is a "good" coach.For his team to play with the discipline that they do,and to play with the attitude(or lack of one)that is displayed,and to share the ball so well...he's a good coach.Now for the "bad",he did press the entire game,and when BTWSheriff said he subbed,he ment rotated a 'couple of players in at a time.When it became apparent that Scotts Hill had no shot to win(very early)Coach Anglin subbed(put his entire second string in at one time),and rotated them in and out the rest of the game,with the subs probably playing close to half the game.In his defense it didn't feel as though running the score up was his main goal,just that he has enough talent that you'd have to play to hold the score down,and he didn't.To address the "bribe",yes Carolinacrazy they should have taken the money.BTWSheriff was wrong in the amount offered,it was $2,000.00 plus their cut of the gate,which if you've ever attended a game at Scotts Hill,you know would have been a considerable amount.They chose to play at home(and I don't blame them),but they had less than 100 fans there for the girls game(yes I counted)and probably around 250 by the time the boys took the floor(not counting S.H. fans).If that's what Sheriff calls a packed house,I look forward to him coming to Trinity to see how 15A fans turn out!

Now, with that being said, maybe CarolinaCrazy's attitude will change about their "strength of schedule". Westwood must be pretty stinkin' good too considering they took BTW down to the wire twice and beat them once. I'm telling you, just because some of these Memphis teams that have been discussed have a bad record, their athleticism alone is good enough to beat most teams in Single A.

Now, with that being said, maybe CarolinaCrazy's attitude will change about their "strength of schedule". Westwood must be pretty stinkin' good too considering they took BTW down to the wire twice and beat them once. I'm telling you, just because some of these Memphis teams that have been discussed have a bad record, their athleticism alone is good enough to beat most teams in Single A.

Not just athleticism Pioneer(plenty of it),but a lot of polish.Who knows how their "integrity" holds up under pressure(I don't S.H.couldn't test them),Westwood beat them once and was in both other games somehow,but they impressed me quite a bit,and the last game I watched was Bolivar/Liberty!

Interesting thread...Newby is as good as anyone playing AAA ball in Memphis and THe freshman Spencer will get there too. Also Westwood will scare a lot of teams in Single A because of their size. I'm not saying either will take state but they have a good chance. I would love to see Rafael Tyler and Newby take the same court in the Boro...

Not just athleticism Pioneer(plenty of it),but a lot of polish.Who knows how their "integrity" holds up under pressure(I don't S.H.couldn't test them),Westwood beat them once and was in both other games somehow,but they impressed me quite a bit,and the last game I watched was Bolivar/Liberty!

I actually drove to Lexington to see Bolivar/Liberty Wednesday also. That was a real competitive game. I also would slightly disagree on BTW coach being a good coach.

I know what BTW is about. That's why I've been saying what I've said on here since the beginning of the season. Newby is as good as they come for a Single A player. I'm guesing people on here just think that BTW is a bunch of 6'0 athletic guards that rely on athleticism only, when that is definately not the case. To see who matches up in sub-state with each other will be VERYYYY interesting! Could you imagine BTW v. Humboldt or BTW v. Lake or Westwood v. Humboldt or Westwood v. Lake.... that's 4 teams that are definately capable of winning the Single A state... and then the middle TN people wonder why we talk up west TN ball so much.

I actually drove to Lexington to see Bolivar/Liberty Wednesday also. That was a real competitive game. I also would slightly disagree on BTW coach being a good coach.

He definately didn.t have to be too "cagy" to win this game,but to field a team with as much savy when it comes to team play,says a lot.With that much talent usualy comes jealousness and "me" ball.This bunch plays as a unit,on both sides of the ball.Not saying that he's on par with Rick Rudesill,just that he's not bad.

Back from the games at BTW!The team is for real,they're quick,athletic,and long.They play with discipline,run a slick passing offense,and are agressive with their press.Heads up Middleton,Lake Co.,Humboldt,and anyone else planning on taking the gold ball home Booker T will test anyone out there.For the "issues" that have been hotly discussed for the last few days on here,BTW's coach is a "good" coach.For his team to play with the discipline that they do,and to play with the attitude(or lack of one)that is displayed,and to share the ball so well...he's a good coach.Now for the "bad",he did press the entire game,and when BTWSheriff said he subbed,he ment rotated a 'couple of players in at a time.When it became apparent that Scotts Hill had no shot to win(very early)Coach Anglin subbed(put his entire second string in at one time),and rotated them in and out the rest of the game,with the subs probably playing close to half the game.In his defense it didn't feel as though running the score up was his main goal,just that he has enough talent that you'd have to play to hold the score down,and he didn't.To address the "bribe",yes Carolinacrazy they should have taken the money.BTWSheriff was wrong in the amount offered,it was $2,000.00 plus their cut of the gate,which if you've ever attended a game at Scotts Hill,you know would have been a considerable amount.They chose to play at home(and I don't blame them),but they had less than 100 fans there for the girls game(yes I counted)and probably around 250 by the time the boys took the floor(not counting S.H. fans).If that's what Sheriff calls a packed house,I look forward to him coming to Trinity to see how 15A fans turn out!

Lol it was a good game. Lol. I thought I made it clear that BTW DIDN'T need or want SH money. A nd to be quite frank, much of the community realized we were playing another under matched opponent and decided not to come. And on the same note, a great deal of people from both sides began to leave after the first quarter. I was hearing, "i new I shouldn't have come, its a blowout, waste of money". Guess they want to see a more competitive game

Lol it was a good game. Lol. I thought I made it clear that BTW DIDN'T need or want SH money. A nd to be quite frank, much of the community realized we were playing another under matched opponent and decided not to come. And on the same note, a great deal of people from both sides began to leave after the first quarter. I was hearing, "i new I shouldn't have come, its a blowout, waste of money". Guess they want to see a more competitive game

I said I didn't blame BTW for choosing to play the game in Memphis.I also said that there wouldn't be many people attend the games.Do you honestly expect everyone to believe that more Scotts Hill folk drove 125 miles to watch a high school game that no-one thought we were going to win than BTW fans chose to attend in their backyard and left after the first quarter? :roflol:You said "the house will be packed".BTW has a fine team,but they have the typical Memphis fanbase.

Edited by tradertwo