9AAA

TSSAABaseball24

Gallatin, if they are hosting should have resources in place to play games as schedule.

No excuses, they owe it to every team in 9AAA .

prom is important, but not ever player goes to prom. just as not every student plays baseball.

So prom should have been scheduled at a different time to at least try to avoid a conflict. Thr prom is for one school the district tourney is for 8 schools.

Gallatin, if they are hosting should have resources in place to play games as schedule.

No excuses, they owe it to every team in 9AAA .

prom is important, but not ever player goes to prom. just as not every student plays baseball.

So prom should have been scheduled at a different time to at least try to avoid a conflict. Thr prom is for one school the district tourney is for 8 schools.

Wow, interesting to hear a sane reaction. Check back over the last few pages and see the BS from their side. You'd think indefencible, yet please enjoy. Pretty sure all the other districts/regions got their act together.

Wow, interesting to hear a sane reaction. Check back over the last few pages and see the BS from their side. You'd think indefencible, yet please enjoy. Pretty sure all the other districts/regions got their act together.

I have read the post, its a bunch of crap. Portland had a prom scheduled and all games were played on time. However the debacle at Gallatin actaully helps MJ....... I'm sure MJ has the field tarped in case of rain tonight or tomorrow.

We are spoiled! 3 state championships in a year will do that to anyone! Don't you think? Cause I know you don't know from experience! Oh and storm rider if your reply has anything to do with being single a keep your mouth shut we have already heard it all

Ouch! must of hit a nerve there class82. I'm sure you have heard all of small jokes by now. O by the way the 4 State Championship Winning teams I played on gives all the experiance i need. Lets agree to end this. Good luck for the playoffs and hopefully we can play next year.

Guess you've been able to tell that Gallatin botched this side with their parks dept. and prom. We play maybe Mon. And as far as FC, good for them, but they're not 9AAA. Surely they have a thread to follow. Good luck to them.

The parks department had nothing to do with the cancellations. They would have stayed and worked on the field if that is what Gallatin had wanted them to do. Driving by the park Saturday around 1:30 and the place was packed with rec teams playing.

You know what really sucks? nowhere to find brackets for the district playoff games. If this was football the TSSAA would have it plastered all over the web site. Unless someone at the local school prints something out most people have no idea of the schedules. Just goes to show that baseball will always be the forgotten stepchild of the TSSAA.

Edited by Stormrider

Ouch! must of hit a nerve there class82. I'm sure you have heard all of small jokes by now. O by the way the 4 State Championship Winning teams I played on gives all the experiance i need. Lets agree to end this. Good luck for the playoffs and hopefully we can play next year.

Who is we?

Once again Mr Haberle you are what 40 years old? You argue like your in high school. Give it up man, and support your kid for his game tomorrow instead of talking trash

Ive been around Gallatin all of my life. I would like to clear the Parks and Rec department of any wrong doing at all. They would have fixed the field. As already stated, there were rec games going on all day. There was a softball tournament going on at the park next to the baseball fields. They have over 20 fields to keep up and they do a great job. The Parks and Rec had nothing to do with Prom. As far as a tarp goes, have you ever put one on a field? It takes 20 to 25 people to do it. I dont know about your cities budget, but I doubt it allows for a 25 man crew at the Parks dept.

I work at the park...We have 23 total ballfield's with a handful of workers. You have to have the proper finances to have really nice fields, and that is a luxury we don't have..I worked a 13 hour day on Friday getting fields ready, and worked 7 hours on Saturday, and 3 on Sunday... Before some of you know it all's rip on a park, get your facts straight..Our high school baseball field holds more water than old hickory lake, but it takes LOTS and LOTS of money to get that fixed... I know our field is not one of the best in the district i agree, but it's a financial problem, and NOT A WORKER PROBLEM.. We absolutely BUST our tails to make that field halfway decent, but you can only do so much...

Edited by chapelheels23

I work at the park...We have 23 total ballfield's with a handful of workers. You have to have the proper finances to have really nice fields, and that is a luxury we don't have..I worked a 13 hour day on Friday getting fields ready, and worked 7 hours on Saturday, and 3 on Sunday... Before some of you know it all's rip on a park, get your facts straight..Our high school baseball field holds more water than old hickory lake, but it takes LOTS and LOTS of money to get that fixed... Our field is probably the worst in the district i agree, but it's a financial problem, and NOT A WORKER PROBLEM.. We absolutely BUST our tails to make that field halfway decent, but you can only do so much...

Agreed you guys bust your tails everyday to maintain the fields . If Gallatin wanted to play Saturday the parks dept would have had the field ready to play. Gallatin has never had a tarp to cover the entire infield. Props to Wase Bruce and Troy Martin for the jobs they do with the fields

The guys in Gallatin Parks have always done the best they can getting those fields ready. They are not exactly working with the Yankees budget, and they keep the HS program from having to worry about getting fields ready...if you want to see what they have to deal with, go spend a week with them.

And I remember it was the parks dept. who got the SC field up and going several years ago...