Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

Eye like tha jumbotron two Rebullsman....Enstunt replays sponsired bye S-N-B garbige and recrutin servuss!!!....Pluss thay sed hit needed two be swept evur so oftun...Well ewe'uns ort two sea mommaSTARS on tha bidnuss end ov a push brume..... :popcorneater:

http://www.thedailytimes.com/Local_News/story/Fake-grass-JumboTron-eyed-for-Maryville-High-stadium-id-020980

Edited by STARSNBARS

The Daily Times is reporting that the City Council approved a project to install an artifitial turf field at Maryville High School. This is badly needed due to drainage problems. The field is usually in pretty bad shape by playoof time. Apparently there is a large amount of community support. :thumb:

Maryville City Council is "receptive" to the idea, but I don't think they've approved anything so far.

The Daily Times is reporting that the City Council approved a project to install an artifitial turf field at Maryville High School. This is badly needed due to drainage problems. The field is usually in pretty bad shape by playoof time. Apparently there is a large amount of community support. :thumb:

Heck, to save yourselves alot of money why not have your playoff games at Dobyns Bennett. We got a nice turf field that we don't need past the regular season. Would give us something to do in Kingsport since we seem kinda lost that time of year.

I wonder if by the time my youngest gets up there, will they have a dome over the field? :lol: There are probably enough sponsors for that as well. Dubbs Arena? Ghatti's Stadium?

I hope it happens, but my only concern is the safety. I don't believe it is safer than grass as the school member said. That is just too hard to believe. Maybe I could sell him some oceanfront property somewhere close! :roflol:

I predict that there are gonna be some pi$$ed folks. I can't say I blame them. The fort craig folks who lost their school, the baseball and softball groups who don't have their own fields, or the numerous grades in the system that don't have enough books to take home. They will all probably see this as a little lower priority than us "has beens" here on coacht. It would be better "sold" if nike would "sponsor" it - IMO.

I wonder if by the time my youngest gets up there, will they have a dome over the field? :lol: There are probably enough sponsors for that as well. Dubbs Arena? Ghatti's Stadium?

I hope it happens, but my only concern is the safety. I don't believe it is safer than grass as the school member said. That is just too hard to believe. Maybe I could sell him some oceanfront property somewhere close! :roflol:

I predict that there are gonna be some pi$$ed folks. I can't say I blame them. The fort craig folks who lost their school, the baseball and softball groups who don't have their own fields, or the numerous grades in the system that don't have enough books to take home. They will all probably see this as a little lower priority than us "has beens" here on coacht. It would be better "sold" if nike would "sponsor" it - IMO.

A lot of people are already complaining.

Fellers eye thank tha strongust argeemint eye hurd agin turf wuz yisterdee inn tha Mairvul Misprint on line...This gurl hoo wint two Will-Yum Blunt sed hit weren't fare....And that evurbodee ort two git turf then two beecaws... "Mairvul ain't tha onlee one's wif a footbawl teem".... :blink:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Fellers eye thank tha strongust argeemint eye hurd agin turf wuz yisterdee inn tha Mairvul Misprint on line...This gurl hoo wint two Will-Yum Blunt sed hit weren't fare....And that evurbodee ort two git turf then two beecaws... "Mairvul ain't tha onlee one's wif a footbawl teem".... :blink:

Don't pay any attention to her Stars. She doesn't represent us true William Blount folk. We realize we don't NEED artificial turf on our field because us county folks actually know how to grow and maintain the real stuff! :flower:

Edited by GovMan

Don't pay any attention to her Stars. She doesn't represent us true William Blount folk. We realize we don't NEED artificial turf on our field because us county folks actually know how to grow and maintain the real stuff! :flower:

Eye'm glaid ewe kleered me up on that Gov-Man...

Evun a Old AllinWick boy like me nose that growin' grass (tha leegull kind), backhur, paintin' undurpasses (bye tha way, APB haid a uh-print-us-ship undur me), tha PA announcur, and tha big ole speekurs iz always top notch inn Blunt Cowntee's gardin spot!!!..... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS