Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

Now your talking the important stuff. From the 40 yard line to the 40 yard line. If you and C-Reb can get manage to get that flag put on the field, just go ahead and count one more kid on the roster, I couldn't stay away from that.

Dang jake, if we had known that's all it would take to get that boy of yours in the red and black, we would've snuck up there last year and done some painting on the field. If it's going to affect our recruiting, we will have to get it cleared thru Stars.

By the way, would you like to buy some advertising space on our new jumbotron? Or on the side of our stadium? For the right price, you might even get your name on the side of the school. That would be a real "hoot" for you, wouldn't it?

Let me try to explain it to you this way, It's not the numbers that you presented - it's HOW they are presented. When a school like Fort Craig has been at the very top of any such ranking for as long as they have been there is almost no where to go but down. Especially in a year where there is so much transition. The context of those numbers are put out there in a vague way to back up the "supposed" way that closing Fort Craig is not a bad thing. That is how people validate the justification to close it. The reality is that if you were to check to see who has led the city schools for years it is Fort Craig. A good example is seeing these "rankings" as bad for a school that has been on top versus a school that was at the bottom (John Sevier). For comparison, John Sevier had nowhere to go but up while FC would have been hard pressed to improve their outstanding performance in trying circumstances.

It doesn't matter in any way that Maryville High School is getting a new field but don't try to point out that FC was failing with their students to justify the point. That premise is false.

You say those grades are presented in a misleading way, and that FC has always had better scores than all the other elementary schools - but you don't come here with any facts.

Fort Craig is set up in a way that their students should be far and above better than the rest of the system, but they aren't. I posted about FC b/c another poster brought up that FC parents would be mad b/c of the field upgrade.

As far as the complainers: this field will pay for itself. There really isn't much more to say about it. Maybe if Fort Craigers were more concerned with not finishing at the bottom then they would have a school worth keeping.

As far as I could see YOU were the one that decided to take the jab at FC. I didn't see anything else about those that use Baseball or Softball fields nor the MHS textbook issue. Instead you thought you would interject a shady statistic that shows nothing of past comparisons. Since I am mobile and really have no desire to drum up figures to justify it with someone who obviously could care less, other than to blindly throw out moot stats, then I will let it go. Rest assured that FC won't be used as the next scapegoat for Maryville City School and their funding or lack of for MHS athletics or overcrowding issues. Peace for MHS athletics - at least until they decide they can re-arrange the high school to accommodate only Juniors and Seniors and then the new re-organization of re-opening FC when new funding is needed. They can then make Coulter's Grove the new Middle School (7-8 grades) to go along with Maryville Junior High (9-10 grades). That will free the board to re-open Fort Craig for K-3, John Sevier & Sam Houston can be K-3 and Foothills Elementary can just be integrated into MIS for 4-6. Makes sense so we can keep Maryville with only 1 high school.

As Kevin Bacon would say in "Animal House" - ALL IS WELL!

Stars, does that big thing painted in the middle of the TV field mean it is suppose to taste like clover? :roflol:

I hope y'all get the field you want as it will be nice to play on when y'all whip us and send us home.........as usual!

LOD....Knotts Cathlick cain grow big ole clovurs like that....Eye nose thay waturs hit good... :blush:

Instead you thought you would interject a shady statistic that shows nothing of past comparisons.

How was it shady? It was from an independent group & front page news.

Since I am mobile and really have no desire to drum up figures to justify it with someone who obviously could care less, other than to blindly throw out moot stats, then I will let it go.

I don't want you make anything up. Your point is that FC is a great school that's always had top of the system test scores. I have reason to believe that FC's scores are no better (even with the built in advantage) and as someone else said, they aren't better students at the next level.

BTW - I went to FC K-5th

Yessir Stars, that video was really interesting. Maybe there is some oceanfront property close by. I 'm always forgetting about Tellico Beach. :thumb:

The torn acl's or torn up ankles with be something to keep up with. I know we have had some on the real stuff. Time will tell. It will look awesome. After it goes in, I hope my kid is a statistic for the fake turf and not against it. I wonder why UTK doesn't use it?

Yep, greyrider could give us a rebel flag to be seen from outer space! :roflol:

Should we go with some colored turf (red or black) to give the black hole some extra home field advantage like Boise State?

Yessir Stars, that video was really interesting. Maybe there is some oceanfront property close by. I 'm always forgetting about Tellico Beach. :thumb:

The torn acl's or torn up ankles with be something to keep up with. I know we have had some on the real stuff. Time will tell. It will look awesome. After it goes in, I hope my kid is a statistic for the fake turf and not against it. I wonder why UTK doesn't use it?

Yep, greyrider could give us a rebel flag to be seen from outer space! :roflol:

Should we go with some colored turf (red or black) to give the black hole some extra home field advantage like Boise State?

UTK does NOT have as many games played on its field every year. <_<:roflolk:

Cain we git baik two sumthin moore emportunt than test scorrs.. :bored: ...??..........

Like tha turf..... :thumb:

Eye cain garr-un-tee ewe boys if'un tha lett Greyrider inn kuntroll ov tha flag size hit wood go frum gole line two gole line....

SX eye red sumthin sum whur abowt a basebawl feeled out behind Koltur Growve skool..... :popcorneater:

Since they are right here next to the trailer, I'll see if Monroe Salvage would be interested in having their name on the field. Stars I hope this will not conflict with your business.