Maryville to get new turf

Rebelsman

Wow, nice comeback. At least the privates(also Alcoa/Riverdale) are stepping up and challenging teams from other states. You must be proud to be the big fish in the little pond.

Dang wasn't beating the "greatest" team on the planet for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP back in DECEMBER enough for you. Maryville does not care about national rankings because they mean nothing. Now go troll for some carp.

WOW, old rebel If you new what you were talking about I might take you seriously. Fort Craig has consistently been at the top when it comes to T-cap scores, check it out before you speak next time.

So your school is being closed , you love your school and I understand that but I believe that some of you do not seem to realize that it is not a private school , it is a municipally funded school. The pilot school for year round education , which was not wanted by the majority of Maryville city residents/ tax payers so the entire system was not rolled over into this. The funding of this field has nothing to do with the closing of this school. This is a bond issuance funding of which will be paid off with mainly private donations. I have an idea for you , why don't you get some private funding and buy the Fort Craig bldg from us and then reopen it as a privately funded private school.?

As far as I could see YOU were the one that decided to take the jab at FC. I didn't see anything else about those that use Baseball or Softball fields nor the MHS textbook issue. Instead you thought you would interject a shady statistic that shows nothing of past comparisons. Since I am mobile and really have no desire to drum up figures to justify it with someone who obviously could care less, other than to blindly throw out moot stats, then I will let it go. Rest assured that FC won't be used as the next scapegoat for Maryville City School and their funding or lack of for MHS athletics or overcrowding issues. Peace for MHS athletics - at least until they decide they can re-arrange the high school to accommodate only Juniors and Seniors and then the new re-organization of re-opening FC when new funding is needed. They can then make Coulter's Grove the new Middle School (7-8 grades) to go along with Maryville Junior High (9-10 grades). That will free the board to re-open Fort Craig for K-3, John Sevier & Sam Houston can be K-3 and Foothills Elementary can just be integrated into MIS for 4-6. Makes sense so we can keep Maryville with only 1 high school.

As Kevin Bacon would say in "Animal House" - ALL IS WELL!

Is your name Mark Cates? or Jackie Palmer? :roflol: Why does Maryville need two high schools?

Edited by weaklink

So your school is being closed , you love your school and ...

I believe it was our school and one of our murvil city schools. To think the savings in one area of funding does not impact other areas of funding is ... uh...duh...naive?

I say we close all of them down and build us a baseball field and a softball field. Everyone knows the TN public schools stink anyway. What would we really lose?

What's up at the middle school this year? I drove by to see only about 35 kids in spring football practice.

I know we have lost some kids to webb, grace, cak, etc, but I didn't think the impact would be that big. I know some left over being pi$$ed about the fort craig deal, but I can't believe that is all of the reason.

Anyone know where the kids went?

I believe it was our school and one of our murvil city schools. To think the savings in one area of funding does not impact other areas of funding is ... uh...duh...naive?

I say we close all of them down and build us a baseball field and a softball field. Everyone knows the TN public schools stink anyway. What would we really lose?

What's up at the middle school this year? I drove by to see only about 35 kids in spring football practice.

I know we have lost some kids to webb, grace, cak, etc, but I didn't think the impact would be that big. I know some left over being pi$$ed about the fort craig deal, but I can't believe that is all of the reason.

Anyone know where the kids went?

Onlee 35?....sx...eye'll git two werk on that rite away....Ov corse sum ov tha recroots won't bee hear till fall....

Butt eye will say tha Mairvul June-Your Hi Bulldawgs...uhh... Red Devulls ..eye meen Rebulls will haiv enuff two play eye hoap.....Jist hoap will haiv good qwalitee and qwantitee...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS