Patton vs Charlie?

JSamson7

Pepvol, Swipes, & Strongx... Thank you guys!! These jokers don't realize just how little Patton got to show his ability this year. Maybe they need to go back & see some of the other QB's he beat out to get to the Elite 11 camp... I guarantee High won't even get a sniff of that camp.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepvol, Swipes, & Strongx... Thank you guys!! These jokers don't realize just how little Patton got to show his ability this year. Maybe they need to go back & see some of the other QB's he beat out to get to the Elite 11 camp... I guarantee High won't even get a sniff of that camp.

Agreed High wont... Because he's not 6'5. Chad Voytik, who I think most people would agree was better than Patton as well, didn't respect from a ton of programs because he wasn't your prototypical 6'4 or 6'5 frame. I think the factor that is weighing in the minds of all the non-biased fans here is the state championship game. As a fan of high school football, I did get to watch a few of Maryville's games over the last 2 seasons and at no point said "WOW" about Robinette's throwing ability. His running ability at times did make me say that. Anyone who watched CAK's final game said "WOW" when watching Charlie though. And people that say, "Well if Patton played against the competition that Charlie did, he'd tear them up!" remember that is the same thing as me saying "If Charlie was Patton's height..." we'll never know on either...

Edited by CoachLogan74

:roflol: Why so defensive?

There wouldn't be any Blount County bias in your point of view, would there? Nah...we're "jokers" :popcorneater:

Okay, so what exactly is the point of your thread? You start by asking which QB is better, when according to you, it's a no-brainer. So why even make a thread about it? Are you just angry that the hometown school didn't offer your team's QB, but they just so happen to have an interest in somebody else's? Seems like a petty attempt to vent your frustration over something that really doesn't even matter. Robinette is getting his shot at a big school, in the SEC none the less. If UT really did miss out him, then I'm sure they'll regret it sooner rather than later. And if that's truly the reason behind your post, then why even bring Charlie High into it? Propping up Robinette and using that as a reason to put down High is asinine. Both are/were excellent players at the high school level. Robinette making it to the Elite 11 camp doesn't change that fact. Why some schools have an interest in one or the other is between those schools' staffs and the players.

It's really easy to see the guys who only saw 3 or 4 of Maryville's games last year . Yes Patton was 6'5" and athletic , but in several games he made so many perfect throws it was unreal . I don't agree with comparing these 2 QB's , because you'll always have some who think they have to bash one high school kid to make the other one better . Patton Robinette was the best High School QB i've ever seen , and I've saw all 30 games the last 2 years in person . The CAK QB has a chance to be very special too , good luck to him .

No doubt wingman!

This one isnt even close. That great Championship game coach is talkin about HIgh threw 2 ints and if he was playin a team with any kind of secondary he would have threw 6, High throws 50/50 balls that his great WRs come down with. 6'0 175lb i dont think thats what UT is looking for. So as far as high school QB, i seen high play 5 times last year and Patton play 5 times and Patton was miles better, now on the college level High will end up at a smaller D1 school and have an outstanding career, and Robinette is at an SEC school who has 6 QBs on their roster so i doubt he has a great college career..IMO

Its a joke to say either one of these guys isn't GOOD. I think with all the talk of High's system that is going around, it should be fair to note that Maryville's system is the one that is really impressive. I think they've won 8 out of 10? I might be wrong but Patton Robinette is good but Maryville wins state without him, just as they did last year when he got knocked out. CAK doesn't win state without High. That is what I'm going to base this off of. Maryville could've ridden Shawn Prevo to a state championship, just as they will next season. CAK lives and dies by whatever Charlie High does.

Its a joke to say either one of these guys isn't GOOD. I think with all the talk of High's system that is going around, it should be fair to note that Maryville's system is the one that is really impressive. I think they've won 8 out of 10? I might be wrong but Patton Robinette is good but Maryville wins state without him, just as they did last year when he got knocked out. CAK doesn't win state without High. That is what I'm going to base this off of. Maryville could've ridden Shawn Prevo to a state championship, just as they will next season. CAK lives and dies by whatever Charlie High does.

Maryville does not win state without Patton this year if you have ever seen maryville play. You are right CAK doesn't win against State without High but If Alcoa was as good as they have been in the past CAK doesn't win a state championship! In the championship game his WR's made him look like Peyton Manning throwing the ball and going to get it. There are alot of if's and buts....both are great high schools QB's. Patton has way more tools than High and that has been shown in his running skills and his passing skills (over 70% completion). Where has anyone is CAK's system went so far? There has been great high school QB's for the past 5 years at CAK that have put up great numbers

Edited by Swipes

No there have been very good QBs at CAK. Epperly was very very good. High is the first great one. Every CAK QB has played at least one season of college football. Austin Peay, Western Carolina, UT twice (one walk on and one preferred walk on), and Princeton respectively. Where have the last few Maryville QBs gone before Patton? GQ has a way of making players look like studs but very few (I can't remember any outside of C. Thompson, T. Maples, C. Stewart and now Guillermo and Robinette) have had a shot at a big time school. I've obviously watched that CAK title game and I can only remember 1 instance in which a receiver outplayed a DB for a 50/50 ball too... I think this is a circle argument so I will stop but I do find people's opinions (when they're not bashing 17 or 18 year old kids) very fun to read. Last thing I'll say is I really do not believe for a second that Robinette has more physical tools outside of his height than High. High is an accomplished runner but is a pass first QB whereas I wouldn't necessarily list Robinette in that same category and High completed 74% of 484 pass attempts, which along with his other stats, give him the 7th or 8th best passing season in high school football history. Yes, CAK has produced good QBs but there's a reason none of them have ever gotten even close to what High was able to do this year, because he's the best CAK has had, and the best the PrepXtra area has seen in a very long time.

Edited by SlaughterRedSmith

I've watched both on a few occassions this past season and they are both very good QBs. Hard to say which one is better. But I will say this.....It is hilarious to me that a Maryville fan never has anything to complaion about due to the fact that they are always winning, so they have to dig this deep to find something to complain about. Give me a break!! Both are very good wherever they end up going to school has a lot of different factors involved, for instance they are in different graduating classes. Bray will be closer to leaving when High comes out. It's all in Gods hands and they will make the best of whatever opportunity they get.