FCS vs. Perry County

CommanderMan

Yes, and they can still play at least some of them non-district especially in basketball, baseball, softball.

I remember Trousdale moving up to Class 3A (5 class system) for a few years, they didn't seem too thrilled with potentially playing Goodpasture, etc.

Nah, we can live with the current rules. Not to mention- we don't make the rules or even get a vote at the TSSAA table. We like our district just the way it is. Why aren't you complaining about Columbia Academy, boyd buchanon, or Grace Christian? Or South Pitt? Or Alcoa?

Why weren't you complaining about FC two years ago? We have less than 250 students 9-12 and had to play as if we had 450 in football. Keep changing the rules and we'll just keep working on getting better rather than making excuses.

Edited by Volzchamps

Nah, we can live with the current rules. Not to mention- we don't make the rules or even get a vote at the TSSAA table. We like our district just the way it is. Why aren't you complaining about Columbia Academy, boyd buchanon, or Grace Christian? Or South Pitt? Or Alcoa?

Why weren't you complaining about FC two years ago? We have less than 250 students 9-12 and had to play as if we had 450 in football. Keep changing the rules and we'll just keep working on getting better rather than making excuses.

Easy way for T$$AA to solve this problem. Put all the Div I private schools in the highest classification possible. That way it's a level playing field for both of them. I keep hearing all this chatter about getting better well step up and play schools with the same amount of athletes as youhave year in and year out and let's see how you do. The private school doesn't always win but they are always near the top because of the number of athletes that go there. If you're as good as you say you are then petition the school to do it. Let's see what happens to your enrollment when you have to play a Maryville or Riverdale in a district game as opposed to just 7 on 7 drills or a scrimmage. Then get on here and talk about how good you are.

Our coaches and players actually relish playing great competition and bigger schools that you say " smalls schools can't compete with" which is the main reason our kids are prepared no matter the stage. Our region foes like TC & Gville regularly play up in football with the mindset that iron sharpens iron. Your school might want to try it EA, instead of nurturing that "insecure or scared" attitude that life's not fair.

My school plays tough competition every year. They don't hide. I am not speaking for my school. Again my kids are not in high-school yet. Simply I am commenting on the situation. I keep going back to one school winning multiple state tournaments in multiple sports in the same year. This is not common and should not be at a state level. Can you really not see a problem or at least how it looks to be a problem to those on the outside looking in.

Easy way for T$$AA to solve this problem. Put all the Div I private schools in the highest classification possible. That way it's a level playing field for both of them. I keep hearing all this chatter about getting better well step up and play schools with the same amount of athletes as youhave year in and year out and let's see how you do. The private school doesn't always win but they are always near the top because of the number of athletes that go there. If you're as good as you say you are then petition the school to do it. Let's see what happens to your enrollment when you have to play a Maryville or Riverdale in a district game as opposed to just 7 on 7 drills or a scrimmage. Then get on here and talk about how good you are.

Really? We had 35 football players. I'm pretty sure we're playing against teams that are close to our size. Most teams we play in football have more players than we do. I think it's funny how people get mad only because we're doing good. If we were awful at sports then all the publics would love to play us and beat down on us, we would never hear complaining then. But no, we're actually good at sports and now everybody wants to whine about playing us. Go to the TSSAA and complain and maybe you'll get something changed if you cry enough about it like a 5 year old.

Really? We had 35 football players. I'm pretty sure we're playing against teams that are close to our size. Most teams we play in football have more players than we do. I think it's funny how people get mad only because we're doing good. If we were awful at sports then all the publics would love to play us and beat down on us, we would never hear complaining then. But no, we're actually good at sports and now everybody wants to whine about playing us. Go to the TSSAA and complain and maybe you'll get something changed if you cry enough about it like a 5 year old.

It's not about the overall number and you know this. You're just trying to put a different spin on it to try and compare the numbers as opposed to the level of the athletes. The Titans field a 53 man roster so if I use your math Riverdale is better because they have 80+ players?

If we were awful at sports then all the publics would love to play us and beat down on us, we would never hear complaining then.

In the early days, EVERYBODY wanted to play us. Our first victory was at RBS. We played in more homecomings than most people will ever attend in a lifetime. And it really seemed as though we would never get over the hump. Coach still hasn't watched the film of the 2006 championship football game that we lost. It was like a death in the family. And then we moved to AA. I thought that shot any chance we had. I'm very proud of how these students have represented our school and community. And now we'll have a huge target on our backs, as though everyone wasn't already out to get us.

In the early days, EVERYBODY wanted to play us. Our first victory was at RBS. We played in more homecomings than most people will ever attend in a lifetime. And it really seemed as though we would never get over the hump. Coach still hasn't watched the film of the 2006 championship football game that we lost. It was like a death in the family. And then we moved to AA. I thought that shot any chance we had. I'm very proud of how these students have represented our school and community. And now we'll have a huge target on our backs, as though everyone wasn't already out to get us.

How many other schools in the region have billboards on I40 promoting themselves?

Never said we're good. Just said we ain't skeered to work hard and play tough competition. Are you?

By the way devil fan, guess how many of those "superior athletes" you refer to have Jackson Co ties thru parents and grandparents? At least 6-7. How sweet is that? You should be happy that those FC BOYS with J Co ties got to taste victory just like Clay Co girls did. Right?

Edited by Volzchamps