FCS vs. Perry County

CommanderMan

Ok so your sayin that WC couldn't beat y'all when you've never played them? So your talkin down on WC players this year but way to again show your stupidity and hypocrisy with your statement....staying Classy!

[/

Dude, I have read my post 20 times and how you get that I said FC would beat WC is beyond me. I was clearly mocking a poster and his perception of the type of ball that was played at the 2A level and if his analysis is true then it is a good thing we are in region 4A. I am done with you because your material is weak. Stay clueless!

Edited by orangecrush

I never said no one had a chance to win, in fact I haven't posted on this subject. If one program is winning every athletic program that participate in at the state level then there is a recruiting problem going on. No one program should win that many states. When that team can select players or should I say students and reject other, then they should not be allowed to compete with public schools. Step up and play with the privates! I am not a Perry Co fan but I do send my kids to a public school. We play local league baseball and travel ball. Private schools competing with public schools is the same as a local league baseball all-star team competing with a built and recruited travel team. They are not on equal ground. My kids are not in high-school yet. Public schools are held to boundaries privates select who they want. How is this fair?

Clueless. You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

I never said no one had a chance to win, in fact I haven't posted on this subject. If one program is winning every athletic program that participate in at the state level then there is a recruiting problem going on. No one program should win that many states. When that team can select players or should I say students and reject other, then they should not be allowed to compete with public schools. Step up and play with the privates! I am not a Perry Co fan but I do send my kids to a public school. We play local league baseball and travel ball. Private schools competing with public schools is the same as a local league baseball all-star team competing with a built and recruited travel team. They are not on equal ground. My kids are not in high-school yet. Public schools are held to boundaries privates select who they want. How is this fair?

Here is why you are wrong about this. First of all to even up the score between Public and Private schools TSSAA puts a 1.8 multiplier on every private high school student the private schools have. So in other words public schools can have almost double the number of students to choose from for their athletic teams.

As far as why FCS is winning so many titles this year it has more to do with having senior heavy teams in football and basketball this year and good coaching to go along with that. That was the first time any FCS boys basketball team ever made it to the state tournament, much less win it. The girls volleyball team won it because the girl's basketball coach who has been there a long time, has a daughter who is tall and has worked very hard to become one of the better volleyball players in the state. 1A schools don't have the number of good athletes that bigger schools have so 1 or 2 really good players can make a hugh difference at that level. Plus the coach there worked their butts off this year and it paid off.

I can't tell you one kid that has been recruited to come to FCS however I do know that FCS gets students from other schools because many parents want their children to get a Christian education not just an education. FCS gets a lot of kids that may or may not make sports teams at the bigger schools, but are good enough to flourish at a smaller 1A and their parents want them to have that opportunity. That is why I sent my sons to FCS and it has been the best decision I've ever made.

Edited by BostonCeltics17Champs

Here is why you are wrong about this. First of all to even up the score between Public and Private schools TSSAA puts a 1.8 multiplier on every private high school student the private schools have. So in other words public schools can have almost double the number of students to choose from for their athletic teams.

As far as why FCS is winning so many titles this year it has more to do with having senior heavy teams in football and basketball this year and good coaching to go along with that. That was the first time any FCS boys basketball team ever made it to the state tournament, much less win it. The girls volleyball team won it because the girl's basketball coach who has been there a long time, has a daughter who is tall and has worked very hard to become one of the better volleyball players in the state. 1A schools don't have the number of good athletes that bigger schools have so 1 or 2 really good players can make a hugh difference at that level. Plus the coach there worked their butts off this year and it paid off.

I can't tell you one kid that has been recruited to come to FCS however I do know that FCS gets students from other schools because many parents want their children to get a Christian education not just an education. FCS gets a lot of kids that may or may not make sports teams at the bigger schools, but are good enough to flourish at a smaller 1A and their parents want them to have that opportunity. That is why I sent my sons to FCS and it has been the best decision I've ever made.

They have recruited. I'm 100% on that. But I've also seen public school coaches recruit so it can happen anywhere. FC did have a lot of pieces fall into place in every sport this year. They are not a major problem when it comes to the public private split like CPA is. I don't mind playing private schools though. Makes it that much sweeter when ya do beat them.

In three classes, especially (basketball, baseball, softball), some schools don't move up even with the multiplier. Even when they do they can still be dominating year in and year out. Sure that's on the staff and players but it's been proven in Division I a private school is more likely, on the average, to have a strong team or at least a competitive team.

Can someone explain to me why the private schools in Division I refuse to play Division II? It's not travel, and anyone saying so isn't looking at it enough. It's not financial aid, there are more strong teams, in various sports among the the Division I private schools than the small and mid size Division II teams.

I think it's funny that it is always the privates breaking the rules when the two biggest scandals this year was Signal Mountain and Perry County. Also you act like Friendship has nothing but athletes in their school when in reality it's the same kids playing every sport, and most of them have been there since seventh grade.

In three classes, especially (basketball, baseball, softball), some schools don't move up even with the multiplier. Even when they do they can still be dominating year in and year out. Sure that's on the staff and players but it's been proven in Division I a private school is more likely, on the average, to have a strong team or at least a competitive team.

Can someone explain to me why the private schools in Division I refuse to play Division II? It's not travel, and anyone saying so isn't looking at it enough. It's not financial aid, there are more strong teams, in various sports among the the Division I private schools than the small and mid size Division II teams.

This is an argument that will never end because some really believe they "know" what they are talking about. But the truth is FC never recruits or gives financial aid. Please don't confuse us with the other privates who do break the rules. And yes I know they are out there giving us a bad reputation.

As previously stated, most of these kids have been at the school for years before participating in sports. We had 16 seniors (I believe) in football out of about 35 total players. We had 8 senior basketball players. We can't switch to Division II because we don't have an endowment to support scholarships. And we can't provide scholarships out of annual operating revenues because we have to raise money every year to make up the difference between tuition and expenses. And yes travel is a real hindrance as well. And don't forget, private School parents pay tuition and property taxes and make donations to support our kids. We should be jealous that public school kids don't have to pay tuition. We don't get ANY government funds. Are any of you willing to actually name names? If you really think you "know" we are rule breakers why haven't you done anything about it?

Please confine your complaints to how big a crowd we bring or how " unchristian" you think we are. Those are things that might have a grain of truth at times. But you really show your ignorance and jealousy when you keep bringing up this lame, false accusation. And by the way, if you are a gambler, I wouldn't bet against this group of FC seniors. Theymdont like to lose in baseball or softball either. And the school year ain't over yet. Go big Green!

I can't tell you one kid that has been recruited to come to FCS however I do know that FCS gets stwudents from other schools because many parents want their children to get a Christian education not just an education. FCS gets a lot of kids that may or may not make sports teams at the bigger schools, but are good enough to flourish at a smaller 1A and their parents want them to have that opportunity. That is why I sent my sons to FCS and it has been the best decision I've ever made.

The 1.8 multiplier is a student count and not an athlete count. It is easy for a private school to go out and get 4-6 kids regardless of how many students are in the school. Counting heads and counting athletes are 2 completely different things. It is an attempt to even things up but a poor attempt by TSSAA. Playing under two different set of rules.

Edited by EAsports

The 1.8 multiplier is a student count and not an athlete count. It is easy for a private school to go out and get 4-6you kids regardless of how many students are in the school. Counting heads and counting athletes are 2 completely different things. It is an attempt to even things up but a poor attempt by TSSAA. Playing under two different set of rules.

I'm sorry, but this makes my head spin. What a ridiculous argument. The reason for the "student" multiplier is to "equalize the playing field." The TSSAA thinks that we recruit so they make us compete against larger schools in football. It doesn't even affect us in the other sports. We are Class AA in football and Class A in everything else.

You make it sound like we can only use 2.78 basketball players or 6.2 football players at a time. Athletes are students.

Edited by GeorgeBailey

This is an argument that will never end because some really believe they "know" what they are talking about. But the truth is FC never recruits or gives financial aid. Please don't confuse us with the other privates who do break the rules. And yes I know they are out there giving us a bad reputation.

As previously stated, most of these kids have been at the school for years before participating in sports. We had 16 seniors (I believe) in football out of about 35 total players. We had 8 senior basketball players. We can't switch to Division II because we don't have an endowment to support scholarships. And we can't provide scholarships out of annual operating revenues because we have to raise money every year to make up the difference between tuition and expenses. And yes travel is a real hindrance as well. And don't forget, private School parents pay tuition and property taxes and make donations to support our kids. We should be jealous that public school kids don't have to pay tuition. We don't get ANY government funds. Are any of you willing to actually name names? If you really think you "know" we are rule breakers why haven't you done anything about it?

Please confine your complaints to how big a crowd we bring or how " unchristian" you think we are. Those are things that might have a grain of truth at times. But you really show your ignorance and jealousy when you keep bringing up this lame, false accusation. And by the way, if you are a gambler, I wouldn't bet against this group of FC seniors. Theymdont like to lose in baseball or softball either. And the school year ain't over yet. Go big Green!

Key word here people is "MOST", as in "MOST" of these kids have been at the school for years. The private school actively recruits, year in and year out in every sport. There is no way this school is competitive year after year after year without recruiting, the student base just won't allow it on a normal basis. Eventually every public school will have a year or two or more where they just don't have the athletes to compete at a high level. FCS never has a down year, every year they bring in new kids from outside of their part of wilson county. Just last year you had a kid move in there that couldn't play until after christmas because he was at a different school the year before, everyone knows this. There is no way you field the kind of football teams you do year after year without recruiting. In basketball all you need is one or two really good players to move in to have a good team, any decent coach can put together a team with the talent thats at these private schools. The multiplier is a farce, its useless and should be done away with. The only fair thing to do with these privates is either "A" move them all into Div II or "B" if the private school chooses to stay Div I then they play at the highest level i.e. 6A in football and AAA in every other sport. Then the playing field would be leveled somewhat, but then they would all start complaining because they would be getting beat like they beat the Red Boiling Springs of the world and then no athletes would want to play there because they wouldn't be guaranteed a winning season every year. Tuition would drop dramatically, and all they would have left in the christian school were the actual christian students that want a good education with christian values! T$$AA needs to separate the privates or put them at the highest level period! Lets all start a petition and get this done!!!!

Edited by devilfanatic