Springfield Yellow Jackets 2012

OldJacketFan

I heard the same thing. I heard Springfield has very good receivers. I heard Pearl-Cohn looks very much like Oregon offensively in what they are trying to do.

No Not Oregon but a More of a carolina panthers offence but against smyrna they ran the spread but also ran out of the I...They worry was how was pc defense going to hold up this year losing all those playmakers but from the looks of it now without the new kids they look great...3 to 4 "#9 ran a 4.35 this summer and #11 runs a 4.4"hard running Rbs..all 3 qbs are looking good and the WR are making plays and getting open...Middle Tn is playing ball this year in 3A

Middle Tn is playing ball this year in 3A

I agree about the midstate being stronger in 3A this year. There are about 6-7 teams that can make some serious noise this upcoming season. Pearl-Cohn, CPA, Smith County, Fairview, Cheatham County, and Lewis County all appear to be teams that are ready to contend this year. You also can't leave out Goodpasture because they will always be tough year in and year out!

• 2 months later...

For the upcoming season, before the Jr. Grimes "other direction" plan, I thought 7 maybe 8 wins. Whoever the next coach is, they will inherit a team with two all-state players who are listed on the Unapproved Website list, a QB who threw for a whole lot of yards and many returning starters who have been to the play-offs three straight years.I just hope the "other direction" is not back to the days of: the only folks at the game are band parents and parents of a few players, with the best atheletes walking the halls of the school. This is where we have been in the past and it was not a good thing, I just hope the Jackets are not going back to this. Your'e right commish things should be very interesting at Boyce Smith Field this year.

How did Springfield look last night?

Greenbrier controlled the line of scrimmage, controlled the clock, and controlled the game. However SHS did a better job defensively in the 2nd half but offense could not move the ball. GHS did great job defensively, swarming the ball. GHS wanted the win more than the Jackets. Springfield had about 10 penalities that didnt help either.