9-AAA

SCBEST10

Cheatham County scored 5 times and only allowed 2 scores in their scrimmage with Portland this spring. Either Cheatham County is real good or this post was meant to be a joke....

Beach, Mt Juliet and Hendersonville will have good teams. You can't count Gallatin or Station Camp out. It will be tough for anyone to get through the district undefeated.

Edited by BKisler

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cheatham is supposed to be pretty good this year. Portland scoring any points would be an upgrade.

Portland had some big boys on their freshman team last year. All the freshman teams were good; so there is a bright future in the district.

There are a bunch of real good backs in the 9AAA this year ( Beach, MJ, SC, H'ville, Gallatin ) just to mention a few. I have heard that Wilson Central has some very impressive freshman this year.

There will be alot of good games and it will be very competitive.

Cheatham County scored 5 times and only allowed 2 scores in their scrimmage with Portland this spring. Either Cheatham County is real good or this post was meant to be a joke....

Cheatham County has one of there best teams, their option game is really good. As far as the portland scrimmage goes the varsity score was 2-2 and only 4-2 overall. then i hear Portland shutout Macon Co 5-0. i would agree that they probably had a pretty good spring.

With spring practice cancelled will Lebanon be WORSE than the 2-8 they put up last year? I know they lost several seniors last year and I don't really remember much excitement from the underclassmen. Maybe the d-lineman that was a frosh on the varsity last year (Crutchfield). Not seeing much to look forward to this season.

So far its sounding like the only positive thing going for them football wise is the new stadium/facilities.

With spring practice cancelled will Lebanon be WORSE than the 2-8 they put up last year? I know they lost several seniors last year and I don't really remember much excitement from the underclassmen. Maybe the d-lineman that was a frosh on the varsity last year (Crutchfield). Not seeing much to look forward to this season.

So far its sounding like the only positive thing going for them football wise is the new stadium/facilities.

Didn't Lebanon FINALLY change Head Coaches this year also? :?:

One thing I just do not understand is why Lebanon cannot field a competitive team year in and year out. They have good size and plenty of athletes to choose from. Why they cannot seem to hire a good coach that can turn the program around is beyond me.

I would think that with the trouble Crane got into in the offseason, his leash would be very short going into this year. If his team doesn't show some significant improvement LHS may get another shot at hiring a good coach in the not too distant future.

But I shouldn't get to far ahead of myself. HS football always offers up plenty of surprises each year. Not sure LHS will be one of those this year but I'll just wait and see.

Edited by firstandgoal

Heard there's been more trouble at Beech with kids quitting and many failing a drug test.

Anybody have any information?

This is pretty old news. Several kids chose not to return next year for various reasons, many because of lack of expected playing time. Others choosing to focus on other sports or other activities. Only one starter from last year chose not to come back. As for the failed drug tests, I'm fairly close to the program and am not aware of any drug tests being given, so I think it would be hard for any to be failed. Beech does have one starter from last year that will be suspended for about half the year for disciplinary reasons. Neither this kid or the kids who quit participated in spring drills.

Edited by tandem

Cheatham County has one of there best teams, their option game is really good. As far as the portland scrimmage goes the varsity score was 2-2 and only 4-2 overall. then i hear Portland shutout Macon Co 5-0. i would agree that they probably had a pretty good spring.

Cheatham scored 5 times. Potts had 2 TD runs and 2 TD passes to Brinkley. Brown ended the scrimmage with a TD run of his own. That is 5 scores. The varsity score was 4 to 2 in favor of Cheatham's (Brown's run came in JV action late). Portland's scores were on a direct snap to the upback on fourth and short & a deep pass where the receiver got behind the coverage. Portland will be better. They moved the ball well. Switching to the "single wing" has definitely been a good transition for the Panthers. I also heard that Portland whipped Macon County in a scrimmage in the spring. That's impressive considering Macon has been a 4A playoff team each of the last 2 seasons. I am not sure what this means for the fall and District 9-AAA play for Portland Panthers football but I do know that Macon & Cheatham are comparable to what they will see when they play the likes of White House, Greenbrier, and Clarksville Academy.