District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, Covington came within inches of beating you guys last year on a supposed questionable call. It's not like Milan walked all over Covington. I'm not saying this because I'm a Milan hater or any of that, but to put things into perspective, you act like you whiped Covington off the field when it was literally a game decided by inches. Good luck to your 'dawgs this season, but show respect to opponents, especially Covington.

You know, I have always thought that your comments were pretty much spot on and had alot of respect for your opinion. However, you say I need to show respect to Milan's opponents? To be perfectly honest with you, I find your comment to be rude and disrespectful. Apparently you have not read many of my posts on coach T. I have admitted several times this year and over the summer that Milan's greatest chances for a loss would be to Covington and to Huntingdon. They are great teams and I have acknowledged it many times.

My comment, and many of my other comments on this thread, have been in response to a couple of Covington posters who said that it was a gauranteed thing for Covington to win the district championship and go 10-0. Never did I say Milan "whipped" Covington off of the field. I know it was a close game, I was there. Show me a post where I didn't say it was a close game.

If you think think me saying Milan only has 1 district loss since 2006 is disrespectful, then you are out of your mind. Covington is a great team and very well may give us our second district loss this year, but that still doesn't change the FACT that at this point we only have 1 since 2006. I guess in your signature where you have Gibson Co.'s girls basketball team's record at 70-1 over a two year period is disrespectful? It is true but in no way is it disrespectful. That is the same exact thing I am saying.

Truth be told, Milan has a long history of being district champs. And nothing for Covington is "guaranteed", until they beat us. Like I said to be the man you have to beat the man and this may be Covington's year to do just that. But don't you come on here slandering me and telling me I am being disrespectful for stating FACTS. Why don't you try not being rude and disrespectful!!!!

So far dyersburg has moved one game due to rain and Obion has moved none!...... yet!! If it rains much you better give that dyersburg coach a piggy back ride, protect that lil' fella!

Who wants cup cakes?

Love, themachine!!

Bart Stowe is small in stature only.He earned a starting spot on some pretty good Tiger teams at five feet nothing and a 'hundred and nothing,because of his heart and his brain.If you had a smattering of either you'd have thought better of posting this weak attempt at humor...twice.

Well, right now the standings are:

District________ overall

Milan 1-0___________ 3-0

Covington 1-0____________3-0

Crockett Co 1-0____________3-0

So. Gibson 1-0____________3-0

Westview 1-0____________2-1

Ripley 1-1____________2-1

Dyersburg 0-1____________1-1

Haywood 0-1____________0-2

Gibson Co. 0-1____________0-3

Obion Co. 0-2____________0-3

So, which of these is most surprising at this point in the season?

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Well, right now the standings are:

District________ overall

Milan 1-0___________ 3-0

Covington 1-0____________3-0

Crockett Co 1-0____________3-0

So. Gibson 1-0____________3-0

Westview 1-0____________2-1

Ripley 1-1____________2-1

Dyersburg 0-1____________1-1

Haywood 0-1____________0-2

Gibson Co. 0-1____________0-3

Obion Co. 0-2____________0-3

So, which of these is most surprising at this point in the season?

South Gibson and Crockett are good teams but they haven't had the toughest of schedules so far. Given that fact, I am not suprised to see them both at 3-0. Westview has a good team and a big game coming up with Camden. Will be interesting to see how that goes. Milan has the bye week before we lay the wood to South Gibson. And Covington has a big game coming up with Brighton. ripley will fall in the standings over the next few weeks and Dyersburg will rise. Lots of things will start to fall into place over the next couple of weeks.

Yes Crockett has made a big turnaround, but 2 of there wins are against winless teams. Until they play some more difficult opponents, we won't know how good they truly are. South Gibson was 4-0 to start the season last year, so not much improvement there.

I did find the 2011 record for South Gibson (it was here on Coach T). They were 6-4 in the regular season, then lost in the first round of the playoffs to end up at 6-5.

I did find the 2011 record for South Gibson (it was here on Coach T). They were 6-4 in the regular season, then lost in the first round of the playoffs to end up at 6-5.

South Gibson started 4-0 last year against week non-district opponents. When they got into the meat of their schedule and district play they began to hit some speed bumps. They are a very talented team and I think they are probably better than last year. All I am saying is we won't know until they get further into district action. If they can win some of the games they lost last year, that will tell the story.

1-Covington

2-Milan

3-dyers burg

Rest of district scramble for the bottom .. Purple machine what do you think of the call last year for the two point conversion .. Just want to honest truth..

Was it home cooking

Do you really think that a fan of the winning home team is going to say that his team won because of a wrong call by the officials?