District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

Well, I have read this thread with interest. As a Covington fan, I can answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, Carlos Williams is going to play football for the Chargers this year. However, he will be a wideout, not a running back, this year. Johnston White will be the primary ball carrier. Carlos will also return kicks and punts and will play some on defense as a DB. At least that is what went on at the jamboree last night.

2. I am glad to see people picking Covington to go undefeated in the district. I don't make predictions liike that, but I do think we will be heard from again this year. Undefeated? I would not bet on that.

3. As far as Milan vs. Covington, I look forward to getting Milan at our place. There may have been a little home cooking at Milan last year, and we would welcome the chance for some of that at home this time. Milan is always tough and we respect them. Their record over the years proves that they are hard to beat. If Milan fans are looking at recent Charger records and seeing some losses, realize that we had a couple of down years under other coaches before we went and got Coach Wheeler to come back. BTW, Bulldog fans, Rod Smith is an all-time favorite of mine. He is still a graduate assistant on the Mempis Tiger footall staff. I was talking to him last year at the Tiger football banquet.

4. I don't know enough of the ins-and-outs of the other teams in the district to predict where they finish. I did see Haywood against Munford last night. It ws 35-0 Munford in the jamboree and could have been worse. Haywood has a long way to go to be a good football team, IMHO.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have read this thread with interest. As a Covington fan, I can answer some of your questions.

1. Yes, Carlos Williams is going to play football for the Chargers this year. However, he will be a wideout, not a running back, this year. Johnston White will be the primary ball carrier. Carlos will also return kicks and punts and will play some on defense as a DB. At least that is what went on at the jamboree last night.

2. I am glad to see people picking Covington to go undefeated in the district. I don't make predictions liike that, but I do think we will be heard from again this year. Undefeated? I would not bet on that.

3. As far as Milan vs. Covington, I look forward to getting Milan at our place. There may have been a little home cooking at Milan last year, and we would welcome the chance for some of that at home this time. Milan is always tough and we respect them. Their record over the years proves that they are hard to beat. If Milan fans are looking at recent Charger records and seeing some losses, realize that we had a couple of down years under other coaches before we went and got Coach Wheeler to come back. BTW, Bulldog fans, Rod Smith is an all-time favorite of mine. He is still a graduate assistant on the Mempis Tiger footall staff. I was talking to him last year at the Tiger football banquet.

4. I don't know enough of the ins-and-outs of the other teams in the district to predict where they finish. I did see Haywood against Munford last night. It ws 35-0 Munford in the jamboree and could have been worse. Haywood has a long way to go to be a good football team, IMHO.

I too am looking forward to the Milan Covington game. Should be a great game and for the district title!!!

I believe Milan and Covington will be the class of the district. Westview will be solid as usual. Dyersburg was greatly improved last year and it will be interesting to see if they can keep it going. Very anxious to see what Craig can do in Ripley. South Gibson lost alot of steam as the season went on, but return alot of good athletes. Crockett picked some momentum at the end of the season and I think Ward has them going in the right direction. Here are my picks below.

1. Milan

2. Covington

3. Westview

4. Dyersburg

5. Obion

T6. Crockett

T6 South Gibson

8. Ripley

9. Haywood

10. Gibson

Not a real relavant question as to who wins this district, but does Gibson Co. drop from this district next year? maybe go from 3A to 1A. Guess the S. Gibson school opening took several enrollment numbers away from them.

Just curious as a 1A follower

Edited by irishman1

Not a real relavant question as too who wins this district, but does Gibson Co. drop from this district next year? maybe go from 3A to 1A. Guess the S. Gibson school opening took several enrollment numbers away from them.

Just curious as a 1A follower

They will more than likely fall, but I think probably to 2A. Alot of S. Gibson's enrollment is kids coming out of Jackson. Yes, opening the school did hurt Gibson Co's enrollment, but kids are coming from other places.

They will more than likely fall, but I think probably to 2A. Alot of S. Gibson's enrollment is kids coming out of Jackson. Yes, opening the school did hurt Gibson Co's enrollment, but kids are coming from other places.

I see, then 13A or 14A will look different next year then. which ever they put them in.

I see Gibson Co. in 2A eventually. We are around 500 students right now and about 25-30 players on the team. It would be nice to get out of 13AA by the next reclassification. I think we could win games and compete in a 14A or 13A classificiation. With that being said, Coach Cruse has came in and worked this years team extremely hard this summer. He has brought an upbeat and positive attitude to this team and made some changes on the team that needed to be made. If Gibson ever drops to 2A, I think he could get this team rolling in the right direction. It's unfortunate that our schedule is so brutal this year. We have Halls this upcoming week so maybe we can get a W to start off the season!!!!

I see Gibson Co. in 2A eventually. We are around 500 students right now and about 25-30 players on the team. It would be nice to get out of 13AA by the next reclassification. I think we could win games and compete in a 14A or 13A classificiation. With that being said, Coach Cruse has came in and worked this years team extremely hard this summer. He has brought an upbeat and positive attitude to this team and made some changes on the team that needed to be made. If Gibson ever drops to 2A, I think he could get this team rolling in the right direction. It's unfortunate that our schedule is so brutal this year. We have Halls this upcoming week so maybe we can get a W to start off the season!!!!

Didn't realize you guys still had those numbers, hang in there. Maybe will see ya in 13A or 14A next year.

Didn't know if the Williams kid was playing for Covington or not. If he's there- it gives them another weapon on offense. the returning RB , Johnston White I believe is his name, is the real deal. He's legit and will play at the next level if he chooses. Covington will be tops in the area of rural West TN in 4A, Milan probably the same in 3A..

i see milan tops the dirty dozen...i have to respectfully disagree...i think usj has the best chance to bring a gold ball back west this season...followed by huntingdon and milan 3rd...sorry guys

just because usj might win a gold ball and milan might not, doesn't mean usj is better than milan. think about it dude. milan would beat usj hands down on any field anytime. usj has never beat milan and never will. why do you think they went to the private class? think about it.unsure.png