District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

Is Covington strong in the trenches?

From what I saw last season, they are very good in the trenches. As a whole, I thought the were undersized, except for the huge center, but had very good technique and footwork. The center was a monster but I thought he was kinda raw on his technique. He had a ton of potential though. Is he coming back this year Bentley?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'themachine'

How many tickets will the dyersburg coach get for not being in a booster seat?

1_

2_

3_

4 or more_

' 0 ' not that lol ...still have Covington over Milan too much speed ,Dyersburg 3rd....Chargers play both Trojans and Bulldawgs; whereas Bulldawgs play only the Chargers..

bentley...you keep comparing wheelers teams at ripley and covington...i saw those ripley teams often...practice and games...they never had anything more than lineman...huge lineman...no skill positions to speak of...the very few skill position guys they had were always injured and under the knife...this could be seen in basketball as well...doormat...the only team that was competing at a high level when wheeler was at ripley was baseball...thank goodness things have turned around the past few seasons for some of the other sports...

would also like to point out that those 1st couple seasons under wheeler at ripley his defense was only giving up 12 points per game...the reason they lost...there was no one to execute the offense...hes a much better coach than some of you are giving him credit for

went to the Crockett Co/USJ scrimmage last night...its gona be another long season for CC fans...Crockett has some speed but i dont think its enough to blow anyone off the field...USJ is great at stopping the run and it showed yesterday...after seeing westview and south gibson earlier in the spring id take them over the cavs at this point...not sure how many offenses in district 13AA are as complete as USJs and i expect not many with the passing proficiency...but CC had a lot of issues trying to slow down the passing game...USJ 1st string 5 TDs on offense 0 given up on defense...crockett had their way with the 2nd and 3rd strings

covington

milan

dyersburg

westview

s gibson

obion

crockett

ripley

haywood

gibson

i guess if winning the District really mattered Milan would be like Gods but in the big scheme of things it means nothing.Yes here we are again at the beginning of the season.Such high hopes and questions "Who will make it to state"? "Will the gold ball ever see the light of day in the West again"? It really doesnt matter because the whole season is being played to be the runner-up.There is no team in 3A or 4A in West or Middle Tn that can compete with the likes of Alcoa or CAK.CAK made Milan look like a Middle School team last yr and guess what?Thats not going to change anytime soon.So lets get pumped for the season, paint our faces and cheer our teams on.But in the end its all going to turn out the same.But hey at least you can hold that District Title high.

i guess if winning the District really mattered Milan would be like Gods but in the big scheme of things it means nothing.Yes here we are again at the beginning of the season.Such high hopes and questions "Who will make it to state"? "Will the gold ball ever see the light of day in the West again"? It really doesnt matter because the whole season is being played to be the runner-up.There is no team in 3A or 4A in West or Middle Tn that can compete with the likes of Alcoa or CAK.CAK made Milan look like a Middle School team last yr and guess what?Thats not going to change anytime soon.So lets get pumped for the season, paint our faces and cheer our teams on.But in the end its all going to turn out the same.But hey at least you can hold that District Title high.

Leon, it is obvious that you are a true scholar. The fact is, there are alot of student athletes in schools in West TN, Milan and many others, that work hard and will celebrate their accomplishments at the end of the season whether its a district championship or not. They will deserve any accolades they receive no matter how big or small. However, I hope you feel better for your comments. You just showed everyone on coach T the true character you posses.

did not go to the SS, camden, covington 3 way yesterday...but heard covington was not nearly as impressive as last year...plenty of speed but nothing that puts them head and shoulders above anyone else according to my source who was very impressed with them last season...13AA is a two team race between milan and covington...but now im not so sure that covington wins it going away as i thought they would