District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

Bigpurplemachine. I as a fairview fan just want to say i absolutely love your milan tradition. Had the pleasurw of making it down there for the playoffs in 2010 and as much as i disliked the outcome the atmosphere was great! Hope to get a game three rematch with yall this year at our place yours. Either one would be very enjoyable. Hope yall have a great season and wish the best to the whole milan team and yalls runningback (Arkel) is that correct? That kid is a work horse. Love seeing him run. I project the state contender from the west of nashville will come down between yall(milan),us(fairview),or CPA. Heres to a great 2012 season and lets bring the gold ball back to the west!

I really think it will come down to you guys and us if we can stay healthy. I just hope we get you back in Milan if we play again. CPA will be a contender for sure but my guess is they will miss Wharton more than some think. Time will tell.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'redbirdfan'

For starters- it is completely and utterly STUPID to have a district made up of teams who play in different classifications for the playoffs(hopefully that problem gets corrected this summer) as for this district as it stands, here's how it shakes out:

1. Milan (3A) -- DAWGS Always have a top notched program- athletes and always well coached.

2. Covington (4A) -- Chargers return the best runningback in this league(just ask OC)

3. Dyersburg (4A) -- This is a toss up with Westview, so 3 and 4 spots could go either way. D'burg has talent returning.

4. Westview (3A) -- Always a smash mouth, run oriented team, kicking game is solid, were young last year,

5. Crockett (4A) -- Ward is a solid coach and the Cavs always have athletes, they could even be better.

6. Obion Co (4A)-- Senior oriented team last year, young at the Skill positions. will be tested early at UC.

7. South Gibson (3A) - This could easily be flipped with OC at 6, the Walden brothers can play, loads of potential.

8. Ripley (4A) -- New coach comes in and program is in major need of new direction- can be a spoiler late.

9. Haywood (4A) -- Always have been athletic but in the past decade never have been well coached.

10.Gibson Co (3A) -- New Coach will bring a new attitude to Pioneer country- could swap with Haywood at 9..

Overall 1-10 will be better in 2012 after a lackluster 2011 from top to bottom.

Agreed utter chaos with mixture of 3A / 4A teams....cant argue about 3rd/ 4th postions.with returning starters for both .also 6th / 7th postions could be reversed

Bigpurplemachine. I as a fairview fan just want to say i absolutely love your milan tradition. Had the pleasurw of making it down there for the playoffs in 2010 and as much as i disliked the outcome the atmosphere was great! Hope to get a game three rematch with yall this year at our place yours. Either one would be very enjoyable. Hope yall have a great season and wish the best to the whole milan team and yalls runningback (Arkel) is that correct? That kid is a work horse. Love seeing him run. I project the state contender from the west of nashville will come down between yall(milan),us(fairview),or CPA. Heres to a great 2012 season and lets bring the gold ball back to the west!

Thanks Slim!! Classy post!!! I enjoyed going to Fairview last year. You guys have one of the most animated PA announcers I have ever heard. You seem to have very passionate fans and it is obvious Fairview is building a program to be very proud of. I think we will probably see each other again this year. Yes, Arkel Coleman is the big RB. He is a beast. He is a good contrast to Kevius Finch who has outstanding speed. But you guys have a great athlete in Deondre "Money" Moore. That kid is amazing. If we do meet up in the playoffs, gimme a shout out the week of the game!!!

'redbirdfan'

For starters- it is completely and utterly STUPID to have a district made up of teams who play in different classifications for the playoffs(hopefully that problem gets corrected this summer) as for this district as it stands, here's how it shakes out:

1. Milan (3A) -- DAWGS Always have a top notched program- athletes and always well coached.

2. Covington (4A) -- Chargers return the best runningback in this league(just ask OC)

3. Dyersburg (4A) -- This is a toss up with Westview, so 3 and 4 spots could go either way. D'burg has talent returning.

4. Westview (3A) -- Always a smash mouth, run oriented team, kicking game is solid, were young last year,

5. Crockett (4A) -- Ward is a solid coach and the Cavs always have athletes, they could even be better.

6. Obion Co (4A)-- Senior oriented team last year, young at the Skill positions. will be tested early at UC.

7. South Gibson (3A) - This could easily be flipped with OC at 6, the Walden brothers can play, loads of potential.

8. Ripley (4A) -- New coach comes in and program is in major need of new direction- can be a spoiler late.

9. Haywood (4A) -- Always have been athletic but in the past decade never have been well coached.

10.Gibson Co (3A) -- New Coach will bring a new attitude to Pioneer country- could swap with Haywood at 9..

Agreed utter chaos with mixture of 3A / 4A teams....cant argue about 3rd/ 4th postions.with returning starters for both .also 6th / 7th postions could be reversed

Our hopes for a change in the classification system was shot down so everyone in the state will continue to suffer through the mixed classification system

Our hopes for a change in the classification system was shot down so everyone in the state will continue to suffer through the mixed classification system

I am looking at it through 3A glasses, but it only helps my DAWGS for the playoffs by playing the Covington's and Dyersburg's. 4A teams should have no problem playing smaller 3A schools and playing the good ones like Milan and Westview will make them better as well.

'redbirdfan'

Several things

1. Covington wins this, goes 10-0, have 3-4 backs to give it two that are faster than everybody else's, simple as that. Cov is like an intercity team playing against a bunch of country boy teams

2. Milan next

3. Obion doesn't, will not play defense. Will not tackle. Soft.. Back to reality but could still go 6-4,7-3 in again weaker than usual district

4. Haywood nowhere to go but up. Unfortunately helium is in limited quanities these days

thumb[1].gif

Edited by StBentley

Several things

1. Covington wins this, goes 10-0, have 3-4 backs to give it two that are faster than everybody else's, simple as that. Cov is like an intercity team playing against a bunch of country boy teams

2. Milan next

3. Obion doesn't, will not play defense. Will not tackle. Soft.. Back to reality but could still go 6-4,7-3 in again weaker than usual district

4. Haywood nowhere to go but up. Unfortunately helium is in limited quanities these days

thumb[1].gif

I guess Milan is lucky they have a pretty good track record against inner city teams, including last year when they beat covington. I know they are returning most of their team but so is Milan. Should be a good game but for you to say that covington is better is crazy. Either team good win that game with no team being clearly better than the other. If anybody was a favorite it should be us. We have the best and most experienced coaching staff in the district.

I guess Milan is lucky they have a pretty good track record against inner city teams, including last year when they beat covington. I know they are returning most of their team but so is Milan. Should be a good game but for you to say that covington is better is crazy. Either team good win that game with no team being clearly better than the other. If anybody was a favorite it should be us. We have the best and most experienced coaching staff in the district.

Coaching not the factor in Covington, we seen that when the guy was at Ripley. He had some studs over there but couldn't/didn't win. Covington has several backs that they will sweep left, sweep rt, crossbuck then a trap with several speedy backs. Very simple. Boys that run the 4.9 to 5.3 forty aren't gonna catch the 3 or 4 that run 4.6 - 4.7.... Then an ocassional wide open pass after DB's repeately chase the sweep... Simple but others don't have the speed to stop it..

Coaching not the factor in Covington, we seen that when the guy was at Ripley. He had some studs over there but couldn't/didn't win. Covington has several backs that they will sweep left, sweep rt, crossbuck then a trap with several speedy backs. Very simple. Boys that run the 4.9 to 5.3 forty aren't gonna catch the 3 or 4 that run 4.6 - 4.7.... Then an ocassional wide open pass after DB's repeately chase the sweep... Simple but others don't have the speed to stop it..

Is Covington strong in the trenches?

We did a pretty good job of stopping it last year. Yes they had some success, but in the end not enough to win the game. No disrespect intended, this is just my opinion. If you have both teams bringing a majority of their players back, it only makes sense that the team that was better last year will probably be better this year. The only thing is that I don't think there is a clear cut better team between the two. We beat you but it was a two point game that could have gone either way. I just don't know how you can say Covington is clearly better going into this season. Again, I think game will be a toss up this year with it being able to go either way. The only reason I mention coaching is that when you have two evenly matched teams, which they are, coaching can make a big difference. Milan has lost 1 district/region game since the 2006 season. The coaches know how to get it done, plain and simple.