District 13-AA 2012

bigredbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just learned a couple of days ago that the fastest two players on Milan's team will not be back this year. They were expected to be big contributors this year. We will still have an outstanding team, but their absence will definitely hurt.

Felt Cov.would win b4 this, shouldn't be any doubt to you either now. What happened? Tranfer, discipline, chose not to play or what? Everything has been falling Cov.'s way the last two years. 10-0 this season.

Felt Cov.would win b4 this, shouldn't be any doubt to you either now. What happened? Tranfer, discipline, chose not to play or what? Everything has been falling Cov.'s way the last two years. 10-0 this season.

Co

One graduated early and the other one, I was told, decided to focus on basketball. However, I am hearing now that the one who decided to focus on basketball may be back after all. Bently, I have alot of respect for Covington, but with Milan's tradition and the fact that Milan has only lost 1 district game since 2006, you shouldn't be so sure. Covington has lost 8 district games in the last 3 years. I promise you Milan has had far less talented teams than this since 2006. And rarely are they beaten. Yes, I do think that if anyone in the district can beat Milan it is Covington. Just don't get the cart before the horse.

'LetMeHearYA'

Is Williams going to play this year? I heard he was not playing Football this year and was just worrying about baseball.

same was stated last year ,then turns out he was injured in 1st or 2nd game== out for season....if hes in NYC for a showcase at this point of season it must be for baseball which I know hes very very good,.. possible LSU commit ?

'BIGPURPLEMACHINE'

One graduated early and the other one, I was told, decided to focus on basketball. However, I am hearing now that the one who decided to focus on basketball may be back after all. Bently, I have alot of respect for Covington, but with Milan's tradition and the fact that Milan has only lost 1 district game since 2006, you shouldn't be so sure. Covington has lost 8 district games in the last 3 years. I promise you Milan has had far less talented teams than this since 2006. And rarely are they beaten. Yes, I do think that if anyone in the district can beat Milan it is Covington. Just don't get the cart before the horse.

BPM,not quite sure how a player graduates early and coaches dont know ?? ..speed isnt everything,however Milan will Always have another to replace ..too tough on D ,have my respect on that cause....best to the Bulldgs and hope the bb player does play football...BTW St B is not a Charger fan who lives there ..D'burg maybe

Edited by DHSFB64

'BIGPURPLEMACHINE'

BPM,not quite sure how a player graduates early and coaches dont know ?? ..speed isnt everything,however Milan will Always have another to replace ..too tough on D ,have my respect on that cause....best to the Bulldgs and hope the bb player does play football...BTW St B is not a Charger fan who lives there ..D'burg maybe

Never said that the coaches didn't know. I just posted the info because I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure the coaches knew and had a very good idea of who would fill that spot. Milan is always good at reloading on talent when players graduate.

Is Williams going to play this year? I heard he was not playing Football this year and was just worrying about baseball.

Good ? But it won't be answered. It relinquishes to much attention. They love the attention of will he or won't he and he's this & that. It won't make logical sense if he does , he was cleared to play last yr for the playoffs and didn't play yet his camp continued to suggest & entertain the question. Why would he play regular season when he wouldn't play in the playoffs with a chance to advance. As for baseball, I don't know if this is 100% factual or speculation but heard that he was going to or verbally committed to Ole Miss and that LSU hadn't offered, as I said hearsay. As far as NY for a showcase, unnecessary & most likely minipulated by want a bees. If a player is good enough they'll find & seek you out, no need to attend these if skills are sufficient. MLB drafts many many players & he may go that route rather than to college. Many are drafted but few make anything of it, however more intensive training is available. I heard his play was negated in the playoffs this Spring when he was playing with better opposition(again hearsay , didn't see to evaluate). Is he talented? Definitely. But to what level, ?'s.

Concerning football this fall, Cov goes 10-0 with or without him. They didn't miss a beat without him last yr, but Williams got more credit than any player and it was about him nontheless. Cov has several small but quick backs and defense throughout the 13AA league has really diminished.

Weak district again and Cov is the benefactor 10-0. thumb[1].gif

Good ? But it won't be answered. It relinquishes to much attention. They love the attention of will he or won't he and he's this & that. It won't make logical sense if he does , he was cleared to play last yr for the playoffs and didn't play yet his camp continued to suggest & entertain the question. Why would he play regular season when he wouldn't play in the playoffs with a chance to advance. As for baseball, I don't know if this is 100% factual or speculation but heard that he was going to or verbally committed to Ole Miss and that LSU hadn't offered, as I said hearsay. As far as NY for a showcase, unnecessary & most likely minipulated by want a bees. If a player is good enough they'll find & seek you out, no need to attend these if skills are sufficient. MLB drafts many many players & he may go that route rather than to college. Many are drafted but few make anything of it, however more intensive training is available. I heard his play was negated in the playoffs this Spring when he was playing with better opposition(again hearsay , didn't see to evaluate). Is he talented? Definitely. But to what level, ?'s.

Concerning football this fall, Cov goes 10-0 with or without him. They didn't miss a beat without him last yr, but Williams got more credit than any player and it was about him nontheless. Cov has several small but quick backs and defense throughout the 13AA league has really diminished.

Weak district again and Cov is the benefactor 10-0. thumb[1].gif

!

Did miss a beat last year? I guess that big "L" Milan dropped on them wasn't considered missing a beat!! LOL!!!thumb[1].gif

since i bashed on crockett last week...im gona be real and shout out to USJ again...they absolutely beat the brakes off liberty last night...so i dont know whether to think that crockett was just bad for getting shut out or maybe...and im sure of it...USJ is just that dang good...

liberty lost 31-14...at least 31...usj did have an INT for a TD...however the 1st 3 series TECH didnt even get a 1st down...it was a ruff night for the crusaders...

however...i believe jackson will get a gold ball out of the bruins this season...they looked fantastic...may not be pretty next week when SS heads crosstown to usj after the beatin SS took from the 1A mustangs last night

Edited by dhstennis

since i bashed on crockett last week...im gona be real and shout out to USJ again...they absolutely beat the brakes off liberty last night...so i dont know whether to think that crockett was just bad for getting shut out or maybe...and im sure of it...USJ is just that dang good...

liberty lost 31-14...at least 31...usj did have an INT for a TD...however the 1st 3 series TECH didnt even get a 1st down...it was a ruff night for the crusaders...

however...i believe jackson will get a gold ball out of the bruins this season...they looked fantastic...may not be pretty next week when SS heads crosstown to usj after the beatin SS took from the 1A mustangs last night

I know that Huntingdon is only 1A, but don't let that fool you. They have one of the best offensive and defensive lines in West TN in any classification. Those boys are nasty good!!