bigredbird

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Covington

2-Milan

3-dyers burg

Rest of district scramble for the bottom .. Purple machine what do you think of the call last year for the two point conversion .. Just want to honest truth..

Was it home cooking

You know... Chargerfan made a good point in a post about me being a Milan fan. No matter what I say, it is going to come across like I am being a homer, but if you want my HONEST opinion I will give it to you.

At the end of each Milan game, I start walking around to my car at about the 2 min mark to minimize problems getting out of the parking lot. I always park behind the vistor stands. On that night, I started walking around as normal but stopped on the track in the back of the endzone behind the back right endzone pylon. This gave me a great view of the play as this was the endzone Covington was driving towards.

When they went for the 2pt conversion, they ball carrier went right off-tackle and came down at the 1 yd line. He then, on his hands and knees, tooks two steps and stretched the ball out across the goal line. I was only about 15 yds from the play and had a great look. The goal line official on the far side of the field threw his hands up and signaled TD when he saw the ball stretch out over the goal line. Only problem is he was on the far side line and many players were between him and the play. The goal line official on the near sideline was only about 10 yds from the play and had a great look. He signaled the ball carrier down. After the officials confered they made the correct call in ruling the ball carrier down.

Do I think it was homecooking, No...it was the correct call. Am I glad we stopped them, Yes.... because Covington would have beaten us in overtime. They were getting stronger as the game was going on and looking like the better team. There I said it. So all the Covington fans that are going to disagree with what I have said, just know that I am giving your team props because you would have won if the game went into OT!!!

You know... Chargerfan made a good point in a post about me being a Milan fan. No matter what I say, it is going to come across like I am being a homer, but if you want my HONEST opinion I will give it to you.

At the end of each Milan game, I start walking around to my car at about the 2 min mark to minimize problems getting out of the parking lot. I always park behind the vistor stands. On that night, I started walking around as normal but stopped on the track in the back of the endzone behind the back right endzone pylon. This gave me a great view of the play as this was the endzone Covington was driving towards.

When they went for the 2pt conversion, they ball carrier went right off-tackle and came down at the 1 yd line. He then, on his hands and knees, tooks two steps and stretched the ball out across the goal line. I was only about 15 yds from the play and had a great look. The goal line official on the far side of the field threw his hands up and signaled TD when he saw the ball stretch out over the goal line. Only problem is he was on the far side line and many players were between him and the play. The goal line official on the near sideline was only about 10 yds from the play and had a great look. He signaled the ball carrier down. After the officials confered they made the correct call in ruling the ball carrier down.

Do I think it was homecooking, No...it was the correct call. Am I glad we stopped them, Yes.... because Covington would have beaten us in overtime. They were getting stronger as the game was going on and looking like the better team. There I said it. So all the Covington fans that are going to disagree with what I have said, just know that I am giving your team props because you would have won if the game went into OT!!!

you and me must have been standing by each other. i seen the play from thay spot too, and he was definitely down a yard short. even a covington fan standing there agreed he was down and couldn't believe the ref on the other side of the field would call it a touchdown, but said he would take it but milan got screwed. after the conference and the right call was made the fan told me he was dissappointed but that was the right call to make. anyway it was a great game but if it would have went into overtime i still think milan would have won it. probly will see 2 undefeated teams meet when they play and expect it to be another great game. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, BPM. I'm honestly not upset about "The Call" anymore. It almost festered for a year. But your account of the play is the first that seems to have credence.

I appreciate the kind words. You know not all Covington fans will speak so kindly of what I said. But I think the important thing is that in the end, the officials got together and tried to do the right thing. You have to agree that no matter the call, they tried their best to do the right thing.

I just wanted a opinion of a milan fan ?? My bad I guess ?? Its not like I'm holding it against Milan or tryin to change the call now .. I just wanted an opinion .. Cause I was just thinkin about the game last year and that was the first thing that popped in my mind and I knew you were a Milan fan ... Ready to see these two teams play this year in the cov.

Milan and Covington will be a Spectacular game this year. It will probably be for the Region Championship. I think if Covington can make the game last all 4 quarters they will win. Covington is in GREAT shape and work really hard for 4 full quarters. Milan is a great team but they will have to beat Covington in the first half. Plus Covington has the Home field advantage.

Yes Crockett has made a big turnaround, but 2 of there wins are against winless teams. Until they play some more difficult opponents, we won't know how good they truly are. South Gibson was 4-0 to start the season last year, so not much improvement there.

The teams the cavs beat are "winless" but they were pretty good teams ....no push overs for sure! But I'm ready to see how my cavs will step up and respond to a better quality opponent !!

The teams the cavs beat are "winless" but they were pretty good teams ....no push overs for sure! But I'm ready to see how my cavs will step up and respond to a better quality opponent !!

If you think that any of the team that your cavs have beat are anything better than AWFUL then you are an idiot. Crockett has beat some awful teams and probably wont win a game when they actually play some decent teams