District 12-AA 2012

bigredbird

12AA's Predictions for the district

3. Spring Hill (They are ready to bounce back from two bad seasons)

8. Summitt

Spring Hill lost their best players from a bad team last year. They have the same coaching staff in place. They have talent but are completely undisciplined. I've lived through a couple of seasons with some of the younger players who will be expected to produce next year. There is no way the same staff will all of the sudden change these players into a competitive/ cohesive unit. As evidence, the Raiders gave up 700 yards rushing to Kenwood the other night.

For the record Summit is spelled with one T; not two. I also hope that all the players and coaches from the other schools in the district think the way their fans do about how the Spartans will perform next season. Because we all know, programs never get any better in year two of their existence and freshmen and sophomores don't ever get bigger, faster, and stronger.....

.......... p.s. ///// And by the way ......... SH beat summit like 41-7 last year. If they are so bad, what does that make you?

.......... p.s. ///// And by the way ......... SH beat summit like 41-7 last year. If they are so bad, what does that make you?

A first year program with freshmen and sophomores that did not have the benefit of a spring practice in 2011 or a weight room until the season started. We had the season everyone expected us to.

I didn't know there were four new coaches at SH. That's good because the staff you had sure had trouble getting it together for an entire season.

And btw, not saying you are wrong b/c I wasn't there, but Kenwood thinks they beat y'all according to a post I saw on the AAA board. I am not a Raider Hater; pulled for you guys in the basketball tourney and will do the same in baseball. Just saying in football you all probably have as much if not more talent than anyone in the district. If you had had a coach that could keep personalities and attitudes in check you would be third in the district. I just don't see that happening. But I have been wrong before and I am sure you will let me know next October if I am.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Summary Judgement seems to be a perturbed by my predictions. Please tell me what teams have gotten worse this off-season that SummitT could pass in the standings? You don't make up 5 or 6 TDs in one off-season. Your boys are a year away. You will win 2 games this year (East Hickman and Northwest) and that will be considered a success. Please enlighten me on who else you think you can compete with.

Summary Judgement seems to be a perturbed by my predictions. Please tell me what teams have gotten worse this off-season that SummitT could pass in the standings? You don't make up 5 or 6 TDs in one off-season. Your boys are a year away. You will win 2 games this year (East Hickman and Northwest) and that will be considered a success. Please enlighten me on who else you think you can compete with.

Not perturbed in the least. You don't see me capitalizing letters out of mocking spite. Just know what I see regarding SH based on years watching talented teams struggle because of coaching and player issues. And I know well the dysfunctional systems (rec and middle school) that feeds them their players. Undisciplined kids make for undisciplined teams. But like I say I could be wrong and I am sure you will let me know as well.

My early predictions are already listed in this thread. I will add that the teams that are clearly the top of the league are Giles, Marshall, Fairview, and Lewis. After that it is wide open.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Can someone give an objective explanation for what is going on with SH ? I've heard everything from no talent to no coaching, inadequate feeder system ? It seems to me the time for making excuses has come and gone. The problem is, I remember SH as a "football school" now it seems as it's just an afterthought ? It's great they've hired four new coaches, who are they and whats their background ? And maybe the most important question.... Is there any support from Administration ? or is it a "don't rock the boat" mentality ? With the exception of baseball (excellent coach) and boys basketball, I don't see any promise for SH Athletics at all. just mho

Marshall Co. had a great spring practice. We lost a couple of talented players from last year that will be tough to replace but coach will have us ready to go Week 0.

How did Giles look in their scrimmage Friday night? I think they will be our major competition for the district title this year.

I love how Lewis fans always come on here and talk about how great they look in scrimmages then comes the regular season where the real Lewis comes out. 4 or 5 guys that can't be taught?? Please, Lewis was one of the slowest teams we played last year.

My Predictions for the district

1. Giles

2. Marshall (It is tough to win down in the Brickyard)

3. Spring Hill (They are ready to bounce back from two bad seasons)

4. Fairview

5. Page

6. Lewis Co.

7. Hickman Co.

8. Summitt

9. East Hickman

There is a word for your disorder. It's jealousy.

How will district 12-AA shake out in 2012?

Page

Summit

Fairview

Lewis County

East Hickman County

Hickman County

Giles County

Spring Hill

Marshall County

Im going with:

Fairview - strong and return a good core. But have been known to lose big games.

Giles - game with fairview will be a toss-up and could vault them to 1st

Marshall

Page - always seems unpredictable, seems to play up or down to their competition

Hickman - think they will improve even more from last years playoff team

Lewis - tough team that could easily move up a spot or two.

Spring Hill

Summit - young and improving, i think they beat EH this year

East Hickman - struggling team, with talent that just can't seem to translate it to the field

Im going with:

Fairview - strong and return a good core. But have been known to lose big games.

Giles - game with fairview will be a toss-up and could vault them to 1st

Marshall

A toss-up?.....How you figure, fairview has never beaten Giles Co. and it won't happen this year. fairview will be a middle of the pack team this year.

A toss-up?.....How you figure, fairview has never beaten Giles Co. and it won't happen this year. fairview will be a middle of the pack team this year.

Giles may win the district but there's no way Fairview finishes in the "middle of the pack". They return Ramey, Buttrey, Stevenson, Wall, Moore, Franklin, Myatt, McDonald, and a host of others from teams that have been very good each of the last 2 seasons (10-2 in 2010 & 11-2 in 2011).

Outside of Giles there isn't a team in this district that is capable of beating Fairview in 2012....