Donovan Stewart's 1A Preseason Top Ten

pegleg

First off Chipper, remember in 2 games last year LC and UC were 1-1. Seems people forget LC beat UC at UC in the regular season. Second of all LC blew a 21-0 lead in the playoff game vs UC with the Falcons down two starters in LB/G Craig Lewis and Ricky Boyd who got injured on the 3rd TD drive of the game and could not play in the 2nd half. With that said don't want to take anything away from UC they fought back ad held on in the end stopping a 2 point conversion attempt that would have given LC the lead late and by running the clock out at the end of the game converting a couple of huge 3rd downs. Now onto this year I keep hearing that LC lost all this talent when they lost only 3 skill players in Tyler, Boyd and Bledsoe. They gain a better Athlete at WR than Bledsoe in Raheem Flowers, who started for 4A Dyer Co. as a Sophomore and picked up a comparable athlete at WR to Tyler in Coleman. Will he be as good or better than Rafael?? That remains to be seen BUT instead of being able to double up on Tyler teams will possibly have 2 speed guys to worry about. Again this will play out in the season. The UC faithful might want to ask the Dyersburg and West Carroll's coaches about LC's athletes as they saw them 1st hand this spring. As far as Ricky, he was a good back BUT Devon was the falcons number 2 threat last year and he returns for his Sr. season. After playing with 4 new starters in the OLine last year, the Falcons return 4 of 5 OL starters this year. As I have said numerous times it will not be LC's offens but their play on defense that determines this year's success.

I think you're kin to Roy!

I know where to go, to look at the Donovan's poll, so I just go check it out every chance I get. I've been doing that every since he moved out of Jasper.Where to I go to look at Murphys poll?

http://www.murphyfair.com/default.aspx

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/7/24/230861/South-Pittsburg-No.-1-In-Murphy-Fair.aspx

South Pittsburg No. 1 In Murphy Fair Class A Preaseason Rankings

Signal Mountain, Boyd-Buchanan, Baylor Also Ranked

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - by special report to chattanoogan.com

South Pittsburg's Pirates have been ranked No. 1 in the Preseason Class A high school football poll released this week in Murphy Fair's Tennessee High School Football magazine.

The preseason rankings:

Class 1A

1. South Pittsburg

2. Gordonsville

3. Huntingdon

4. Union City

5. Wayne County

6. Coalfield

7. Greenback (tie)

7. Jo Byrns (tie)

9. Lake County

10. Eagleville