best and worst P.A announcers in tennessee high school football.

Governm

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be kidding, right? Every time we go to South we laugh non stop thru the game at this guy. If Charlie Brown had a male Princial, that is how this guy sounds on the loud speakers... not good at all.

Now, 1 that is getting very good is Jon Cleary for Dobyns-Bennett. I think this will be Cleary's 4th season and he nails it game after game without being to big of a homer. That cat at Oak Ridge does a good job too if he is still there...it's been a few years since I have gone to the "Ship".

Scince Hill's accouncer is very annoying, I agree to that

The announcer at Oak Ridge is second generation. His dad was an outstanding announcer, we are very lucky to have both of them.

LOL That is from a Cleveland who is going to "hate" anything at Bradley. Disregard his comments as jealnousy.Especially since his osn announcer doesn't follow that advice either icon_e_smile.gif

Bless your heart, and your bear-colored glasses. As I said before, not about the program or the person..it's about his delivery. I'm far from the only one on here who finds it annoying when he makes comments between plays and tries to rally the crowd. Great if you want to do that mess during basketball. It just doesn't fit in football...Ever been to a game outside Bear Stadium?

And, no...I don't care for ours either...but at least he doesn't act like a game-show host. bored.gif

Bless your heart, and your bear-colored glasses. As I said before, not about the program or the person..it's about his delivery. I'm far from the only one on here who finds it annoying when he makes comments between plays and tries to rally the crowd. Great if you want to do that mess during basketball. It just doesn't fit in football...Ever been to a game outside Bear Stadium?

And, no...I don't care for ours either...but at least he doesn't act like a game-show host. bored.gif

Let's see' after 35 years I think I may have been to one or two away games. ;) And just maybe possibly heard a few other announcers.

Is he a homer? Yep. Worse than others; naw more middle of the road as far as that goes. But he's OUR homer so that's OK for a change. I think the world of our previous announcer, but I actually enjoy the fact our new guy gets excited about our team doing something good.

Could he tone a few things down? I could go along with that probably. But I will take the fact he he annoys some others as a good payback for being annoyed myself at those other places a few times. Including Oak Ridge. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, the Cookeville guy is horrible. Hendersonville used to have a guy who was sure he was doing the game on the radio instead of PA. Not sure if he is still there. He never shut up.

The guy at Oakland last year did the same thing. Don't need a play by play. We are there. We see it. I believe he has been replaced with the one and only Stork Montgomery.

The announcer at Oak Ridge is second generation. His dad was an outstanding announcer, we are very lucky to have both of them.

You are correct sir. I know Guy personally and he was outstanding on the PA.

As for the announcers who get too "homerish", if I'm not mistaken, there is a TSSAA rule stating that PA announcers are "supposed" to remain neutral in their statements over the PA. They are not supposed to be cheer leaders, or say anything to make them sound like they are rooting for the home team.

• 2 weeks later...