2000 2-7. Bad Team

1999 15-0 State Champs. Power I offense

1998 13-1 Semifinals Power I offense

1997 11-2 Quarterfinals. Power I offense

1996 10-2 2nd Round. Power I offense

1995 12-2 Semifinals. Power I offense

1994 14-1 State Champs. Power I offense

1993 11-2 Semifinals. Power I offense

From 2006-2011 SP lost 11 games in 6 years.

From 2000-2006 SP lost 27 games in 7 years.

From 1993-1999 SP lost 10 games in 7 years.

SP lost 48 games in the past 19 years

SP lost 15 of those in 4 years of spread offense.

SP lost 33 of those in 15 years of traditional offenses.

15 out of 48 losses is 31.25% That percent of the losses came during 4 years of running the spread.

The other 68.75% of the losses came in 15 years of traditional running offenses.

38-15 Spread .717 Winning Percentage

164-31 Others .841 Winning Percentage

You do the numbers.

Also 202-46 in the past 19 years

4 State Championships

2 State Runnerups

10 Semifinal Appearances

Let's be thankful for what we have.

Records Courtesy of TSSAA record books. Thanks

What are the p-values for a multi-variate analysis of various offensive and defensive schemes?

Well your right "THEAMBASSADOR". numbers don't lie......but its 29 L from 2000 to 2006......here i broke it down for you.... trips to the state.......2 out of 11 in the power I, 1 out of 4 in the wing t, 3 out of 4 in the spread.....2007 to 2011 the only lost to 1a teams was in the state.....so, its 3 out of 15 running and 3 out of 4 throwing and running.....

It's about championships. SP has one a state championship in the spread, single wing, wing T and two in the power I. SP threw a lot more the past few seasons because of a surplus of receivers at that given time. And yes you are right offense sells tickets but defense wins championships.

I didn't count them all, but the majority of the starters didn't play against McMinn Central. I know a lot of starters rested during that one.

Them speedsters can sure score some points fast, but they seem kind of scrawny and frail from the knees down. Best to keep them on the sidelines, where they can't get hurt, until you really need them.

Well your right "THEAMBASSADOR". numbers don't lie......but its 29 L from 2000 to 2006......here i broke it down for you.... trips to the state.......2 out of 11 in the power I, 1 out of 4 in the wing t, 3 out of 4 in the spread.....2007 to 2011 the only lost to 1a teams was in the state.....so, its 3 out of 15 running and 3 out of 4 throwing and running.....

Your analysis is a little scewed because you have to realize that football classifications have changed over the years. For years there were 3 classifications.....then 5....now there are 7. I am not taking anything away from the teams the last few years...I think several of them could have won the state or got there anyway, but since 2009 1A has been watered down. I mean, no Trousdale Co, FCA, Oneida, DCA, BGA....those were all teams that ended the Pirates season back in the day....now they are all in a different classification. I am only stating facts and I hope other Pirate fans don't look thru those rose colored glasses as Old Pirate says alot. The Pirates have been talented the last few years but not much different than teams in the past.....they just had a tougher road to hoe.

Your analysis is a little scewed because you have to realize that football classifications have changed over the years. For years there were 3 classifications.....then 5....now there are 7. I am not taking anything away from the teams the last few years...I think several of them could have won the state or got there anyway, but since 2009 1A has been watered down. I mean, no Trousdale Co, FCA, Oneida, DCA, BGA....those were all teams that ended the Pirates season back in the day....now they are all in a different classification. I am only stating facts and I hope other Pirate fans don't look thru those rose colored glasses as Old Pirate says alot. The Pirates have been talented the last few years but not much different than teams in the past.....they just had a tougher road to hoe.

I'm one of the the old ones........I would like to think that we would beat these younguns......But they would kick our butt all over the field. So stop looking thur those rose colored glasses.......and stop living in the past........its 2012 not 1969 or 1998 or 1999

I'm one of the the old ones........I would like to think that we would beat these younguns......But they would kick our butt all over the field. So stop looking thur those rose colored glasses.......and stop living in the past........its 2012 not 1969 or 1998 or 1999

This last few years SP has not played anywhere close to the same level of competition in 1A that they played in the past (BGA,DCA,TC,FRA,CPA,BOYD)

Silly statement but your entitled to your own opinion.

Taking nothing away from recent accomplishments but 100% agree